Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Done my levelling up.

Picked up Hex as my new spell and Devil's Sight and Armor of Shadows for invocations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
My character sheet in my template is updated. Took the average hit points to bring me to 16. Gained one new spell (wis mod 3 + level 2). Adding command to my list for now unless anyone has a specific request.

Also we need to decide what to do with the communication devices Elena gave Jorvan. I'll be keeping one which leaves two others to spread out.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Trast posted:

Also we need to decide what to do with the communication devices Elena gave Jorvan. I'll be keeping one which leaves two others to spread out.

We can redistribute as needed, but for now maybe the folks that are most likely to be off on their own. Probably Autumn and Gorom?

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
We conceivably could also use them (or at least one) to just constantly monitor what Elena and her group are up to, and see if they're on the level.

That leaves 2 we can have for HQ/Away Team shenanigans.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

P.d0t posted:

We conceivably could also use them (or at least one) to just constantly monitor what Elena and her group are up to, and see if they're on the level.

That leaves 2 we can have for HQ/Away Team shenanigans.

I like the idea of using them as listening devices, but I'm not sure these folks are the targets we want to burn that idea on. I'd vote we hang on to all three for now (Jorvan/Gorom/Autumn until redistributed as needed).

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Teonis I'm not sure if you're back on the forums yet or not but I just wanted to toss out a reminder that your shield should give you another +2 AC (you seem to be the resident tank at the moment and we'd like to keep your rear end alive!).

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

FYI I will be on vacation Friday the 7th until Tuesday the 11th. I'll have my phone and tablet so I should still keep up with the game. You just won't see me in irc unless I put an app on to log in.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I am amending my level-up plans until such time as I amend them again :v:

Level 3 & 4 will be Ranger, cuz we want the exploration benefits early in the campaign, I assume
Level 5 will be Druid, so I can finally get an attack Cantrip, exactly when they scale up.

I probably will wanna go Druid(Land) at least to level 2 (Natural Recovery) or level 3 (Circle Spells, why not)

other than that, I dunno. Not sure Cleric gives me a whole lot that I want (other than full slot progression) so .... yeah! We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

So with the fake camp plan I'm hoping Durnem can get a charge of guidance and do a good deception check with a help action from Daimon(or vice versa) for advantage. Jergo and Durnem can set up some support illusions of people sleeping in bedrolls laid over top some mounds of dirt so that if the bandits get suspicious and shoot them their arrows realistically sink in, set the horses up nearby and maybe try and get them to kick the poo poo out of the bandits who enter the camp and go near them :v:.

Since there'll be a fire in the middle of camp those of us hiding in the dark away from the camp should have advantage from being unseen to shoot the patrol to bits. After we've dealt with them if Jergo can get a guidance charge on him I'll have him sneak up toward the bottom tower on the map spending a hero point if necessary and we can pincer attack after the tower has dropped.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 14, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
I've shot a message off to Teonis in Roll20. If I don't hear from him by the 21st I'll have to replace him, which is unfortunate. Hopefully he's alive and well.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Just to be clear about what I'd like to do regarding the bandit camp. I would prefer to engage a smaller group of them in a trap or set up situation instead of fighting the whole group head on. Jumping one of the patrols in an area to our advantage would be helpful.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Agreed.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Trast posted:

Just to be clear about what I'd like to do regarding the bandit camp. I would prefer to engage a smaller group of them in a trap or set up situation instead of fighting the whole group head on. Jumping one of the patrols in an area to our advantage would be helpful.

We could always do this and then do the thing where we break towers and poo poo :v: which I am for.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

P.d0t posted:

We could always do this and then do the thing where we break towers and poo poo :v: which I am for.

Yeah that goes without saying. Taking out a patrol makes collapsing the towers easier. Though I still have a concern about the dogs. Animals seem to have lots of attacks that could wear us down. I might have to get close and light some groups on fire to thin them out.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Basic animals like dogs and horses also tend to have like 5hp :v:.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I've been waiting to see if we have any word from Teonis before getting tangled up in combat, but should we go ahead and set the scene for the ambush on these folks?

I'm thinking we try to lure them further away from camp with the sounds/sights of a pair of traders with all the "good-laden" horses. Maybe they're both in bedrolls swapping ghost stories for a while before "going to sleep" when the bandits approach? We need something that involves plenty of noise from a distance, but no movement once they're within sight.

Add a fire and we're good.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

I've been waiting to see if we have any word from Teonis before getting tangled up in combat, but should we go ahead and set the scene for the ambush on these folks?

It's been a little under a month since Teonis has posted anywhere on the forums so my hopes are not that high :ohdear:.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Replace him with one of the other apps or a fresh one then.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Yeah, IMHO giving it another week is overkill. Ultimately it's up to Waador, but taking the Half-Orc Fighter to replace the Half-Orc Barbarian makes the most sense to me.
Failing that (i.e. the player ain't interested anymore) I'd go to one of the other appers and see if they wanna retool/re-app as something frontline-ish, and then 3rd tie-breaker is re-recruiting altogether.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Agreed with this.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Egregious Offences has agreed to step in and has done Heshak's leveling to catch up so we can proceed as planned!

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Agreed, this unfortunate issue has been resolved. Egregious Offences will be stepping in as his half-orc fighter to take the role of the missing half-orc barbarian. We will resolve Gorom's fate in-game and see what comes of it. Hopefully everything is well on Teonis' end and he just wasn't able to get access to the internet for a while, but as he hasn't posted anywhere on the forums for over a month I have to assume he isn't coming back. If Teonis does come back, this post is my pre-emptive apology for replacing him, but we didn't seem to have any other choice.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Half naked orcs ruining Jergo's calm might be the most creative way to introduce a new character.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Is there any chance we can speak to the hounds and convince them to put off ripping into people. I'd hate to have to bar-b-q them just because some rear end in a top hat bandits beat them into a frenzy.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Trast posted:

Is there any chance we can speak to the hounds and convince them to put off ripping into people. I'd hate to have to bar-b-q them just because some rear end in a top hat bandits beat them into a frenzy.

Giving Clive some guidance wouldn't be out of line, and it does seem a Jorvan-y approach. I can give it a go with some help. =)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Just be wary that suddenly barking from a tree towards a bunch of blood crazed dogs is going to give your position away and if they don't immediately respond well to you talking they're going to start barking up your tree and revealing your squishy caster location :woof:.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Just be wary that suddenly barking from a tree towards a bunch of blood crazed dogs is going to give your position away and if they don't immediately respond well to you talking they're going to start barking up your tree and revealing your squishy caster location :woof:.

Pshhhhh that's why the FIREPIT will do the talking, duh! No verbal component for minor illusion.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Giving Clive some guidance wouldn't be out of line, and it does seem a Jorvan-y approach. I can give it a go with some help. =)

Guidance requires contact so you're lucky I didn't move yet. But if you are up the tree that makes things a bit problematic. :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Pshhhhh that's why the FIREPIT will do the talking, duh! No verbal component for minor illusion.

It would also require you to be standing in the open grass since you're like 55 feet away from the firepit :ssh:.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

It would also require you to be standing in the open grass since you're like 55 feet away from the firepit :ssh:.

drat, phoneposting so I didn't check the distance.

Alright maybe the wind will howl at them. .... Heed the north wind! Your owners a bit poo poo really! Down with this sort of thing.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

While I'm updating the roll20 character sheets FP what new spell did you take this level? Also did you swap any spells out? I can't find any mention in the thread or ooc of what you did at your level up.

I've got you down as Dissonant Whispers, Silent Image, Healing Word, and Speak with Animals. Nothing in your 5th known spells slot.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

While I'm updating the roll20 character sheets FP what new spell did you take this level? Also did you swap any spells out? I can't find any mention in the thread or ooc of what you did at your level up.

I've got you down as Dissonant Whispers, Silent Image, Healing Word, and Speak with Animals. Nothing in your 5th known spells slot.

Unseen servant. And all my non proficient skills got +1.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Alrighty thanks.

As an aside I just noticed on your statblock in game you've got speak with animals listed for 30 minutes left on the duration but the spell only lasts ten :v.

quote:

Speak With Animals
1st-level divination (ritual)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: 10 minutes
You gain the ability to comprehend and verbally communicate with beasts for the duration. The
knowledge and awareness of many beasts is limited by their intelligence, but at minimum, beasts can give you information about nearby locations and monsters, including whatever they can perceive or have perceived within the past day. You might be able to persuade a beast to perform a small favor for you, at the DM’s discretion

Unseen servant does last an hour so I assume you've got the duration mixed up on the two rituals.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Alrighty thanks.

As an aside I just noticed on your statblock in game you've got speak with animals listed for 30 minutes left on the duration but the spell only lasts ten :v.

Unseen servant does last an hour so I assume you've got the duration mixed up on the two rituals.

Shoot, that's completely correct about what I mixed up there. I was actually trying to split the difference and fudge some passage of time since the initial tacit prep! I'll set it to 5 or something.

The ritual is still 10mins to carry though right? 10 to set up then 10 duration?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

10 minutes plus 6 seconds for the turn it takes to cast :v:.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
So, just made my first post in the game thread. It's not much, but combat isn't the best time for introductions.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Egregious Offences posted:

So, just made my first post in the game thread. It's not much, but combat isn't the best time for introductions.

Enjoy the light show.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Welcome short-posting brother. Forever_peace and Porpoise make up the word count for the rest of us :)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Welcome short-posting brother. Forever_peace and Porpoise make up the word count for the rest of us :)

Last episode in the FP novelization of "Stolen Lands": I cower on a branch, confuse a tree for a campfire, weave an illusion for the benefit of enemies that had already been nuked to hell by Trast, and shout at a dog.

I'm on a roll, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Angrymog posted:

Don't count Trast out :v:, you never know when a 5 page flash back to an event in Jorvan's past could pop up mid combat :eng101:. Welcome to the game Egregious! I'm sure we'll have an awkward but amusing "You look trustworthy friend! Join our party!" moment after the fight haha.

• Locked thread