Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

IT BEGINS AGAIN!

Another sale has come and gone and my wallet is a bruised and bleeding mess, begging for the end of the month when it shall have the strength to carry on once again.

Ask not who the wallet bleeds for. For indeed, it bleeds for thee.

For those of you unaware of what GamerDome was, it was my own poor attempt at making a game-based Thunderdome. It ran decently for a while, but my own inexperience coupled with a large dose of self-confidence and ignorance in equal measure kinda turned it into a mess at the end. I have learned from these mistakes and decided, thanks to a certain igneous crustacean poking the old thread, to give it another go with a bit more structure.

OLD THREAD HERE!!!

So we're bringing it back! Not quite bigger, but hopefully a lot better.

Here are your rules:

1) Watch this part of the post for the newest Prompt update, including Rules, limitations and gifts on the line.

:siren: LATEST PROMPT POST! : Week Three: Anime! Or: Being a domer is pain. :siren:

2) Read and understand the prompts. Read the old thread for ideas, or to get a general sense of what to go for.

3) Toss your hat into the race by posting in the thread before the sign-up dates close. Then get to writing.

4) Write your submission and post it in the thread before the submissions close. Make sure to include your story title (Does not count against word count) and the word limit. You can also add in links to google docs and such if you want, as long as they are not a part of your story. No Youtube/TVTropes/ADTRWiki links in your stories.

5) Yell 'Fast Judging Good Judging' at me until I/the judges go insane and render my/their verdict.

As for Rewards:

Each prompt will have, at the least, five games to choose from. Those games that are not won/used by that week will be rolled into the prize pot for next week.

WINNERS get their first pick of the three choices on the list.

HONORABLE MENTIONS get a game apiece. There will also be Humble Bundle codes in case there are more than two HM or judges who help out.

DISHONORABLE MENTIONS get to wallow in their shame at being too bad to win and too decent to lose, ready for the next battle to improve and claw their way up.

LOSERS are branded by the holy losertar of GamerDome:

Some Shamelessly cribbed GUIDELINES from GamerDome 1:

* If asked for, critiques in this thread are welcome. However, if someone hurts your feelings over a critique, then this isn't the place to respond with a massive screed complaining about how we didn't understand 'your style' or how brilliant/edgy/subtle you are. You can go to Fiction Advice and Discussion or The Fiction Farm to talk about your works, how to improve and what to keep doing. Thanks to the Thunderdome Thread for this advice.

* Unless it's Erotica, I'll allow it. Yes, this even includes fanfic (Thoth have mercy upon my soul) or poetry. However, this doesn't give you an excuse if your work isn't understandable by the judges and they count that against you. Remember that you are writing for an audience that might not include fans of the example you're using.

* One lesson I learned: Prefacing your stories is a bad idea. Putting your story in a quote tag is a bad idea. Spam and shitposting are not funny and screw things up for other people. Please refrain from them.

*If you say you're IN, then post your story. No one likes a liar, people. Even if you don't like it, even if you think it needs to be perfect, post it. You can't win unless you post, and you can't improve unless you build off your problems.

Once again, huge thanks to Thunderdome and Palpek's Gifting Thread for being awesome people who you should also check out.

Best of luck!

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm not reading all that, how do I get free games?

I post a prompt with a word count and a due date.

You tell the thread you want to write, then you write your story before the due date is up.

If it's good, you win games. If it's bad then you should feel bad.

And with that being said, I might as well bring in the first Prompt:

Crime.

Crime is everywhere in video games, whether you're playing the people trying to stop them or the people committing them. It allows us to see the lives of our protagonists in ways that make us uncomfortable, or allows us to enact those few fantasies we've always had about making Crime pay.

So for your prompt this week your story must focus around a crime. Before, during or after. Lawbreaker or Lawgiver or Observer, choose what you want. But there must be a crime in the story.

For this prompt I'll also give out flash rules. Let me know you want a flash rule, and I'll give you a crime that your story has to focus on.

Sign-ups close: Wednesday, June 24, 23:59 PM Central Standard Time
Submissions close: Sunday, June 28, 23:59 PM CST (Thanks for pointing that out.)
Word Count: 1,500 or less. You can track word counts using google docs or most word processors.

Now for the good stuff:
LOOT
Payday 2
Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition
Saints Row 4: Game of the Century Pack
Shadow Warrior
Driver: San Francisco
Batman: Arkham City GOTY

ACCOMPLICES:
Grrr-Krishnakk: A bank heist, but not for money
N. Senada
Little Mac: Betting on sports gone horribly wrong
Jamfrost: You were caught for littering, but guilty of something else.
Cronodoculous
Hypha: Whatever crime you committed, you are on the verge of being caught.
Unfunny Poster
BabyRyoga

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 24, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Little Mac posted:

In and flash rule. I won a few times last time and never actually claimed games. This time I'm getting prizes!!!

Betting on sports gone horribly wrong.

Jamfrost posted:

Alright, I'm in and I'll take a flash rule. That losertar will be mine.

You we're caught for littering but are guilty of something else.

Grrr-Krishnakk posted:

Also take a flash rule, please.

A bank heist, but not for money.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Hypha posted:

I need a new avatar or at least a new red text. IN

E: Flash rule please too.

Whatever crime you committed, you are on the verge of being caught.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

:siren: Sign-Ups are closed! :siren:

Also, the stories don't have to be based on a specific franchise or game. The prompts are usually game-related, and games are the prize, so Gamerdome.

Also, this is more of a warm-up for the real poo poo down in Thunderdome, so think of it as a writing game.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Submissions are closed!

Which is nice, because everyone submitted! You should have your judgements and the next prompt later on today.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

May the defendants please rise.

In the case of Posters v. Gamerdome, the judge has ruled that:

Cronodoculous is this week's winner, for making me chuckle about necromancy.

Our honorable mentions are Jamfrost, who wrote up a creepy poem for us all, and Little Mac for a rough piece that still had a bit of dark charm to it.

Dishonorable Mentions for this week go to Grrr-Krishnak for a piece that rambled on and on but only had a paragraph or two of story at best, Unfunny Poster for a really clunky bit of exposition, and Hypha for not finishing his story.

Finally, we render the verdict of loser onto N. Senada for the craziest protagonist I couldn't care less about.

And that wraps up our first contest! Steam ID is HERE!, so contact me to discuss your prizes!

Also, have a brooding crime drawing, as done by my wife.

Expect the next prompt up soon!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

My story is the only one actually about video games, this is bullshit

Your story wasn't even a story. I think it broke every rule for stories in this thread aside from word count. It was more like a malevolent patch of print, hating all and being hated by all.

So I didn't count it. But if you want I can count you as in for that last contest.

Hypha posted:

Is it possible to get a critique? I guess I could have added another stanza but is the rest of it working or is it utter bollock?

Good question!

My judge notes!

Grrr-Krishnakk: -- You spend a lot of time explaining the methods, but not a lot of time creating a reason why we should care about these methods. Use your senses, as well. Instead of telling us he's in, let us hear the click of the lock and the exhale of a held breath.

For example: Garrett moved from the narrow corridor into the rear of the bank’s office, weaving between the desks in the dark. From the vault door there were three windows where a passing car would be able to see any light. He set his gym bag down on the ground and pulled out a sheet of thick black canvas and a roll of duct tape. Standing on tiptoe he taped the top of the sheet to the glass of the window, letting it drape down and cutting off the glow of the streetlight. Pulling more canvas from his bag, he quickly did the same with the other two windows. The darkness inside the bank was now almost total. Now that the sheets were up, he felt safer. Further away from Her. He palmed the tiny lamp and moved back to the vault door. He knew the bank’s history, because She’d spoke of it before. Around the turn of the previous century prospectors found a promising coal seam in the low hills a few miles away. A mining concern bought the rights and miners and tradesmen were brought in. They brought with them new diners, bars and whores to keep them happy, and more cops for when they got too happy. The town’s population tripled over the course of three years. To cope with the surprising new demand, the bank’s owners had added a new extension in 1904, building it around an impressively massive new vault. The concrete walls were fifteen inches thick, the door eight inches of solid steel. The coal rush dropped off virtually overnight just months later when the seam was exhausted. The population dropped just as dramatically as it had risen, and the town had limped on in mediocrity since. As a result, the vault had never been upgraded. The owners could never justify the costs of a new vault. Or of adding an alarm to the inside of the vault itself, for that matter. Time locks were added later, but they didn’t matter to Garrett. 

Instead, try:

Garret moves down the corridor and into the office, seeing the vault door from the light of the streetlamps. Lots of windows meant lots of chances to be caught. A roll of duct tape and some canvas solved that problem, leaving him in near complete darkness. Separating him and Her. Small flashlight in his hand as he turns his attention back to the vault door. Eight inches of steel surrounded by a foot and a half of concrete, built during the mining boom in 1904. After the town shrunk, securing the bank became the least of their worries and the vault remained the same ever since. No alarms, no upgrades to contend with. Some locks, but those didn't matter.

Contests like this are an economy of words. You have to focus on the important parts of your story, the characters or the action or the goals, yet still find a way to add in the details that make the world live.

Also, the ending doesn't really have any sort of build-up, so it falls kinda flat. We don't have an idea what his hobbies are, just that he doesn't like his mother for getting in their way.

N. Senada -- What? Just, what? I mean, I understand the story, but none of the characters make any sense. Things flash by without a cause, time skips and stutters here and there. I don't really understand why he did anything he did, and not just in a moral sense. What are the mechanics. Why would he do any of this? Why is the time so jumpy?

Little Mac -- Final Fantasy 7 fanfic, hey! Though there are some rough spots here and there it comes together. And even without a connection to the games you can tell that Don Corneo is the sort of rear end in a top hat that would pull something like this. You establish a setting well enough to make it stand without the supports. Though you really should have proof-read for the missing punctuation and other errors.

Jamfrost -- I felt creeped out when I read this, so mission accomplished. Not much else to say. It was short according to word count but you used that space to make it work and you didn't try to fill it up with unnecessary words. Simple, brief, creepy.

Cronodoculous -- Good story, has a good narrative and reads well from start to finish. I kinda got tripped up on the first part, instead of 'he' try 'my assistant' or something else to help establish who is speaking where. Other than that you had a good mix of comedy, drama and contemplation.

Hypha -- So, what happened? He saw the automatic door, and then what? Did someone come out and shoo away the hawk? Was it put down, chased away? This feels like it ended too soon.

And technically, he was caught by the hawk, just not punished. I'm actually not sure what happened at the end there, but you're still in the spirit of the flash rule, so there's that.

Another stanza or two to help accentuate the triumph would have helped this piece out a lot.

Unfunny Poster -- Some proofreading would have helped this out. Also, it just kind of happens. You try to put in the tension, but it doesn't quite work and nothing comes of the buildup but a paragraph of regret. It all just feels kind of stock, like something you'd see in a video for a driver's ed class.

BabyRyoga -- The 'character development' in this one feels somewhat forced and rushed through. So he doesn't care about shoes he steals, then cares, then doesn't care. It's hard to really get a feel for the character, as you don't see a lot of emotion in his reactions, either. He tells us his feelings but we don't actually see them.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Week One is done. Winners have been made, losers have been notified, and it's time for the second prompt:

I want you to tell me a story about Telling a story. The flavor for this contest is a simple yet elegant one: Your story must have someone telling a tale of some sort. Bedtime stories, urban legends, that 'friend of a friend' forwarded e-mail. There has to be someone telling a story in your story, and it has to factor in a meaningful way.

Sign-up Deadline: Wednesday, July 1, 23:59 Central Standard Time.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, July 5, 23:59 CST
Word Count: 1,200

Flash Rules upon request, of course.

The golden eggs:

The Wolf Among Us
The Walking Dead: Season 2
Grim Fandango Remastered
Oddworld: Oddysey and Exoddus Pack
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Long Live the Queen
(And whatever is left from Crime Week)

The bards:
N. Senada: You have to tell a story to someone who doesn't understand the language.

Little Mac: Your story must have a unicorn in it.

Unfunny Poster: You want to tell a funny story. But no one is laughing, for whatever reason.

Doctor Idle: You have to tell a whole story, but all you have is the first half.

Jamfrost: The person/people you are telling the story to are quite unhelpful.

Grrr-Krishnakk: You're hungry, and it's not helping the situation.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 30, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

N. Senada posted:

In with a flash rule.

You have to tell a story to someone who doesn't understand the language.

Little Mac posted:

I'm in again for this week... with a flash rule?

Your story must have a unicorn in it.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also I'm in for this weeks prompt with a flash rule as well.

You want to tell a funny story. But no one is laughing, for whatever reason.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Doctor Idle posted:

In. Can I also get a flash rule?

You have to tell a whole story, but all you have is the first half.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

:siren: Submissions are closed! :siren:

We had three submissions, two bow-outs and one missed deadline. Probably not a good idea to put a contest on July 4 weekend.

I'll have my judging later up today, but it's going to be lenient this week due to my bad scheduling.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Grrr-Krishnakk posted:

I forgot to ask, how do you feel about editing after posting? I know it's verboten in Thunderdome proper, but I didn't see it mentioned in the Gamerdome rules.

Frowned upon in here, yeah.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Alrighty then! Time for judgements!

For this week, there are no losers or DMs, due to the fact that it was the July 4 weekend. I'm feeling generous, anyways.

STEAM ID for contact

Jamfrost, talk to me for your three games!

Grrr-Krishnakk, you get the honorable mention for this week!

N. Senada, Also contact me for a free game!

Though, at this point I might have to close up shop again. We need more people to compete!

Little Mac, you still need to contact me for your game from last week.

I'll post up the next prompt soon!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

rivetz posted:

Nooo I only just discovered the Resurrection™. For whatever it's worth (not much), I'm in next round regardless of topic.

You may well regret those words.

Alright, time for another prompt. And you know what? I was holding this for the end, but I'm going to activate my trap card.

This week's theme is Anime, which is going to cover games, books and non-japan 'close enough' media to help spread out the inspiration. If you're familiar with anime, then congrats! You have a great place to start from. If not, then prepare to have your life ruined and head over to this collection of awful people and search for your examples.

Each contestant will either choose their genre or be assigned one, with some example titles to help set the mood. Such as:

gently caress Yes Giant Robots!! (Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagaan, G Gundam, Megas XLR, IGPX)

Your task then is to write a piece of fiction in that genre and present it here for everyone to see. Flash rules can also be requested, though it doesn't get you out of your genre.

Changing up the timelines a bit:

Sign-ups close: Midnight on Sunday, July 12.
Submissions Close: Midnight on Wednesday, July 15
Word Count: 1,500 OR Over 9000.

The worlds at stake:
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 & 2
AkibaStrip: Undead and Undressed
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Astebreed
Carpe Fulgur Collection
100% Orange Juice
---------
Still need to talk to Little Mac Grrr-Krishnakk and N. Senada, so this list is still up to change.
Holdovers from the Telling a Story prompt.
Long Live the Queen
Wolf Among us
Oddworld Collection
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (Had an extra copy)
----------------
Holdovers from the Crime prompt
Driver: San Francisco
Shadow Warrior
Payday 2

Our spiky-haired protagonists:

Hypha: Strangers (Ika Musume, Sgt. Frog, Urusei Yatsura) FR: There has to be a yandere, and senpai has to notice him/her.

Jamfrost: Dark Magical Girls (Rozen Maiden, Madoka Magica) FR: Someone on the team has a 'bright secret' that doesn't fit the tone.

The Colonel: gently caress Yeah Giant Robots!! (G Gundam, Gurren Lagaan, Megas XLR) FR: The mech and the pilot just can't get along.

Grrr-Krishnakk: Brawlers (Holyland, Hajime no Ippo, Strongest Disciple Kenichi). FR: Your character HAS to shout the name of his attack, even if it would be a disadvantage or make no sense.

Cronodoculous: Space Cowboy. (Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Space Dandy) FR: Food. You are out of it.

SolusLunes: Cheerful Fantasy (Slayers, Those who Hunt Elves, Dragon Half). FR: One of your heroes has an annoying, hijinks-causing curse!

Justin_Brett: Body Horror (Parasyte, Guyver, Uzumaki). FR: The story must take place in a crowded area.

JamieTheD: Badass Swordsmen (Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin) FR: Your story cannot take place in the feudal era.

SPECIAL GUEST: Rivetz, if he chooses to accept: Non-Stealthy Ninja (Naruto, Nabari No Ou) FR: One of your ninja works a really boring job.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 13, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Hypha posted:

( is there a flash rule? I'm probs going to regret asking).

There is for you!

Your genre this week is 'Strangers', for those people who don't quite fit in for one reason or another. Urusei Yatsura, Sgt. Frog, Shinryaku! Ika Musume and similar.

Your flash rule is simple: Your story must have a yandere, and at sometime in the story senpai must notice him/her.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

In. Please assign me a genre and a flash rule, desu~.

Just for that desu.

Your genre is 'Dark Magical Girl', for those ladies who fight evil and each other, often for horrible reasons. Madoka Magica, Rozen Maiden, Sailor Moon R.

Your flash rule is that someone on the team has to have a 'bright secret', something that just doesn't fit with the grim dark darkness of the series.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The Colonel posted:

Hell, I'm in. I mighty as well write something hopefully fun that I will actually share, especially if it might get me free anime game. I'll take up some giant fuckin' robots of the Gundam Fighter and Team Gurren variety.

Gimme my flash rule, man. I'm sure it won't completely ruin me. I hope.

So you've chosen the prompt gently caress Yeah Giant Robots! Because chicks dig giant robots. Nice.

Your flash rule is that your giant robot and your pilot disagree. It could be in a literal sense, or in a figurative 'old man and his beat-up pickup truck' sense, but the two just can't get along.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Grrr-Krishnakk posted:

In again, though I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up embarrassing myself. That hasn't stopped me for the last two weeks though I guess.

Flash rule, please. I know nothing about animes.

Your anime genre is brawlers. Fisticuffs of the more realistic variety, so no Stands or Super Martial arts. Holyland, Strongest Disciple Kenichi and Hajime no Ippo are all good starting places, so go find some synopses and get to brawling bigger and badder opponents.

Your flash rule is that your character has to shout the name of his attack, even though it makes no sense.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Cronodoculous posted:

I'm IN, I await the terrifying uncertainty of being assigned a genre.

Await no more!

Your prompt is Space Western. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Outlaw Star. A lot of great classics!

Do you want a flash rule as well?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Cronodoculous posted:

Yeah, you might as well give me a flash rule too, let's gently caress this poo poo up.

Your flash rule is: Food. You are out of it. It always seems to happen in these genres, so why not?

SolusLunes posted:

Time for an EXCEEDINGLY POOR IDEA.

Give me a genre and a flash rule!

Your genre is Cheerful Fantasy. Think Slayers, Dragon Half or Those who Hunt Elves for some inspiration.

Your flash rule is that one of your heroes has a curse! Though it's less of a curse and more of a cause for hijinks.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Seems as good a time as any. Give me a Genre and Flash Rule.

Your genre is Body Horror, where the flesh is clay and the monsters are grotesque mockeries of life itself. Parasyte, Guyver, and most works by Junji Ito, like Uzumaki or Gyo, will be your inspiration.

Your flash rule is that your story has to take place in a crowded area. A mall, a train station, somewhere with a lot of people.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

Just for clarification, are we writing new characters for the genre or about the characters from a show or whichever? I need to know before starting my horrible fanfiction.

You can write fanfiction or brand new material, as long as it's within the genre.

Remember that fanfic still has to describe it's characters, in case your audience hasn't seen that example before, as well. Otherwise you might lose readers new to the subject.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Double-posting to let everyone know that it's the last day for sign-ups. We still have genres to cover and prizes to award, so come on down!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

JamieTheD posted:

Ah, what the hell... Hit me up with a Genre and a Flash Rule. I want to get back into writing again anyhoo.

You genre is Badass Swordsmen. Where lots of people sigh and draw their katanas, have clunkily-translated (or awesome-sounding untranslated) names for their attacks and every movement makes that awesome 'sching' sound. Samurai 7, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo are good places to start.

You flash rule is that your story cannot take place in the feudal era.

Hypha posted:

Oh man, I thought we were due today the same as befores. Guess I am glad I don't have to finish this till Wednesday.

E: Hey, where is the shametars for the dodgers? I don't wanna have to make em cause I will be an rear end and bad at pictures.

I put it in the judgement post that last week didn't have any losers or count-outs, due to it being the July 4 weekend. Though Dr. Idle didn't even post, so he might be getting a shametar-ing.

Do you have the file for that .gif you currently have? I could probably photoshop his head where yours is.

Also

EDIT: :siren:Sign-ups are closed! The wheel of fate is turning!:siren:

Remember that you have until Midnight on Wednesday to work on your stories, so take your time and make it as good as you can.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 13, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The Colonel posted:

KING KUKKAN KURASSHA! GUNZAIODOHZAN DENSETSU (2080 Words)

Word count maximum is 1,500 or Over 9,000. Not between those.

Since submissions are still open, I'll allow an edit.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Sorry I wasn't around to call it earlier, but I wanted to give some people the time to post in case they ran out of time.

But Submissions are Closed. I'll be re-reading your stuff and making my decisions in the near future! Thanks to all of you who participated, and I can't wait to read some more anime.

EDIT: The Time of Judgement is Upon you!

First off: SolusLunes is our only no-show this week! I'll need to find that original image and post his face on that Space Marine. Somehow.

TheColonel: I think I see what you were trying to do with your story here, by having small bit after bit working with an episodic nature, but it feels janky and cluttered. Though you do get points for making it as over the top as possible, I'd suggest focusing more on one episode next time, so you can space out your dialog and make it read better.

Cronodoculous: I'm not sure what to do with this story. A part of me wants you to flesh it out, so we can see what kind of world they're living in, and another part of me wants you to trim it down and focus on the action stuff. It's really conflicting.

JamieTheD: I liked this one. It reads like an action scene, with smoothness and enough detail to give me an idea of what was going on, but not enough to clutter it up. Good job.

Justin_Brett: You explain 'Them', but nothing happens in this story. You just have these guys talking, then explaining the parasites, then explaining why your MC won't get infected. No big twist, no climax, no resolution. It goes nowhere.

Grrr-Krishnakk: The poetry is kind of clunky, but you get your point across with a rich man's Fight Club.

Jamfrost: Did...did I just read about a magical girl falling in love with a doll? Because it should have been a body pillow for greater anime effect. Kidding, but I did like it. It was cute, it used the flash-rule well and didn't come out as creepy about it.

Hypha: Break up your paragraphs. For the love of all that is holy, break up your paragraphs. Because with those massive walls of text it's easy to lose the fact that a merchant is being stalked by a river beast/god/something or other.

So, judgements:

JamieTheD, come on down for your three games!

Jamfrost, Congrats on the HM!

Grr-Krishnakk, Cronodoculous keep up the effort. You'll get it next time.

TheColonel, for the honor of making the most over-the-top parody ever, you don't lose. But for losing me with your story structure, you get a DM.

Hypha, your idea was alright and you worked with the flash rule well enough, but your paragraph structure pushed you into DM territory.

Justin_Brett, you wear the crown of Shame this time around. Welcome to the losertar club.

I'll be posting the next prompt in a few days. Congrats, and reach me on Steam!

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jul 17, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Games are out, prompt is done, and it's time to go for another round, folks!

This week's prompt is Independence. Being yourself in a sea of others, striking out on your own even when the chips are down. Or doing something that might not be seen as the normal, going against the conventional wisdom to creates something special.

Sign-ups close: Midnight on Sunday, July 26.
Submissions Close: Midnight on Wednesday, July 29.
Word Count: 1,300

Games to be won:
Assassin's Creed 4
Gunpoint
The Long Dark
Surgeon Simulator
Minimal
One Finger Death Punch:
Anime Holdovers:
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1&2
Carpe Fulgur Collection
100% Orange Juice
Storytelling holdovers:
Long Live the Queen
Oddworld Collection
Fallout: NV
Crime holdovers:
Shadow Warrior
Payday 2

Prospectors:
Jamfrost: You're trying to make your own legacy

Cronodoculous

Grrr-Krishnakk: It's a dark and stormy night

deathbagel

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 24, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Finally done with that crazy week!

Jamfrost posted:

I'm in with a flash rule.

You're trying to make your own legacy, stepping out of the shadows of your predecessors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Submissions closed! Thanks for participating!

Also

Jamfrost posted:

I uh... have some concerns about the health of GamerDome. You think it needs a nap, J.A.B.C.? The more competitors, the better, I think.

Yeah, that might be for the best.

• Locked thread