Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I need a new avatar or at least a new red text. IN

E: Flash rule please too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

A crow never fights fair

Below the high noon sun on the grassy knoll,
A hawk tinged in red stood over bloodied kill,
His vigilance of Leporidae taking its toll,
Flesh ripped and fur matted as he had his fill,

Above in a spruce a murder stood guard,
Waiting their turn to feast on the prize,
But among their members, one found it hard,
To have the appetizer with only his eyes,

"Brothers, our meal before us wroth does decay ,
A plump hare reduced to ribboned dregs,
Does his pride over our numbers hold any sway?
By grace of majesty for food we begs?"

"Sees them quick-sharp claws, sees them there blackened beak?"
Sees ours blunted edge, the difference insies power?
thems be reason why we sit here so content and meek,
One raise ol that claw shouldsy be enough to cower."

"You know as well as I that all can be infirm
Laid low by what we don't know and see,
Sit back on this branch, please applaud and squirm,
The entertainment is daylight robbery"

With a flourish to mask the hunger and fear,
He swept down to meet his distracted foe,
Care on approach taken so none would hear,
The dead black eyes of the hare only to know,

The crow threw his whole body behind a check,
catching the hawk squarely upon the head,
Though a weapon lacking, the crows beak did peck,
The arena squared by the corpse of the dead,

Wounded by surprise and beaten to an inch,
The hawk in haste retreated into the sky,
The crow's brothers right beside him in a pinch,
Securing with strength that won by the sly,

For many a moon nary a shadow was cast,
but by the hares and crows with valour sure,
It was a wish that the hawk was of the past,
So felled by an underhanded vanquisher,

Till one evening under awakening stars,
The majestic spectre again would fly,
To find our hero in a vacant lot of tar,
Battling fiercely a ferocious French fry.

"You, who did beseech my honour and claim,
My dominion over those below and on high,
Tonight, I shall return due fear to my name,
Tonight thief, by my power you shall die."

"Your first mistake was to announce you returned,
Do you expect me to plead for my life?
To such hollow threats I have become inured,
I will still wager your sword against my knife"

With piercing cry the hawk leaped at the crow,
Who fled to the air looking for an escape,
Through gnarled trees and hung wire the pair would flow,
Clenching claws sweeping for an exposed nape.

Though the crow weaved and dodged with great skill,
The hawk was getting wise to his tricks and play,
While his every maneuver could awe and thrill,
He couldn't keep doing this much more today.

Finally he stumbled and hit a tree limb
Tumbling fast through the foliage green,
Though his wing was broken and his vision dim,
He perceived by him a transparent screen.

The hawk found the crow crawling on the floor,
And he set into a dive without due care,
To notice the sheen of the automatic door,
Given chance, a crow never fights fair.

Word count: 542

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Is it possible to get a critique? I guess I could have added another stanza but is the rest of it working or is it utter bollock?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Maybe this time senpai will notice me. In. ( is there a flash rule? I'm probs going to regret asking).

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

J.A.B.C. posted:

Your story must have a yandere, and at sometime in the story senpai must notice him/her.

Oh gently caress, I deserve this one...

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Oh man, I thought we were due today the same as befores. Guess I am glad I don't have to finish this till Wednesday.

E: Hey, where is the shametars for the dodgers? I don't wanna have to make em cause I will be an rear end and bad at pictures.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

To Love a Metal Man
(1499 words)

I have had many men trespass through my river before, but no man such as this. Instead of tanned hide and pelted fur, he wore shirts of vibrant colour, cross hatched with bold scarves of intricate beadwork. Other men would move silently but he clanged and rattled, with kettles ringing like bells along his backpack. His sweat and the mid morning sun conspired to give his face a polished bronze finish, broken by his soot black beard and long hair. No man in my lands ever had a beard and I caught myself staring at it. I looked for a weapon, a reason to fear instead of awe but I saw no club, bow or spear. From his back swung what I would learn is a musket but he did not reach for it when he noticed my presence. Most importantly of all, he did not cower like most men but smiled and greeted me warmly when I emerged from the woods on the far shore. So it was that this Metal Man would seek to ford my crossing. I had caught him halfway through and he struggled to keep his footing while his eyes remained transfixed upon me. His inattention allowed mistress water to have her way and he toppled into the clear water with a bang. I could only laugh as the Metal Man flailed comically to contain his iron ducks. Slowly, I wadded into the water after him. His face struck into alarm and he struggled heartily to regain his composure and pots in equal measure. Mistress water though would not be interrupted and he was still on his hands and knees when I came upon him. There, totally helpless before me, he sputtered words in magical foreign tongues, scrambling backwards to undo his crossing. I grabbed his shoulders with both of my hands and leaned into inspect him. He smelt strongly of smoke with hints of flowers and there, caressed by the gentle water and sun, I kissed him lightly on the forehead. Drawing him up, I lead my stunned metal man to the far shore, and into my heart.

For many days and nights ,we were companions. He would sing to me all day as we travelled and I would bring him the wealth of the forest every night to feast. He was a merchant of sorts, with wares forged from far. For kettles and blades, he hoped to trade for the pelts of beaver from the people. I myself had no great love being among the people, the feeling being mutual, but for my love I would go. Alas, I felt like he did not share the same feelings. We would always be on opposite sides of the fire and he would always keep his distance from me when walking. Love, like a river, only flowed one direction between us.

By the fifth day, I had tracked down the village of the people. The forest gave way to a large clearing filled with log longhouses and the smell of cooking meat. I bade the metal man good luck and stayed in the shade of the trees as he approached. His visit was not unexpected, the Metal Man was hardly silent. The men of the people met him with caution and curiosity, weapons present but not at the ready. From every space upon the metal man's body, metal tools and cookery flowed like sap from a wounded tree upon colourful blankets. With grand gestures and booming intonations, he paraded his wares past his impromptu marketplace. At first, the performance was greeted with great enthusiasm but in haggling, things turned sour. With puckered faces, the men laid the metal down and walked away. Behind them, like does in the meadow, the women approached. Before the Metal Man could even start, the blankets were stripped bare, and pots and pans crashed and clanged through many simultaneous hands. Water was flung into the kettles and axe heads tasted wood all throughout the village as all the women "borrowed" the metal goods. The Metal Man hurried from camp site to camp site, trying to recollect his livelihood. The women, with wistful frowns, clutched tightly their new treasures and stared at the men for rescue. Only then, did pelts materialize into the stranger's hands.

Not all treasures clutched were metal though. The people did not wear beards, and the women touched and played endlessly with the Metal man's face. One even briefly pecked him on the lips, turning to laugh as the Metal Man smiled. When I kissed him, he did not smile and he allowed so many so close. They crowded around him in their sleek buckskin dresses. I had no beautiful dresses, no elegant long legs and hair, I never got to hold the Metal Man like some dared to now. Compared to them I was down-right ugly. Well, I will show them ugly. Enraged, I bolted from the shade towards the village. Alarm and panic spread throughout the village when I breached its perimeter, women scrambling for shelter and men for weapons. For the crowd around the Metal Man though, they heard the cries too late. Like a stone thrown into a pond, I plowed into the throng of women, swinging wildly through tears and curses. Though I lunged and thrashed at those beautiful legs and dresses, they danced away from me and the herd scattered before I could sink my teeth into anyone. In the now empty field, I looked for my love but I couldn't see him in the chaos. The men then finally caught up to me and I fled with arrows and spears nipping at my heels till I crashed into the safety of the brush.

In the quiet of the forest, I licked my wounds and took stock. I was virtually unharmed, save for a long metal knife blade in my arm. It was smooth and easy to remove though, I had suffered far worse, and I preceded to track down my Metal Man. It took only an hour to track him down, but I was shocked what I found. In the deep woods, I found him with the women who kissed him first. He had a special treasure for her, a small box that when opened, played beautiful music. Present in hand, she kissed him much harder and ran off back towards the village, giggling. I gripped my newfound blade tightly, I had to end this, all of this, and I knew exactly how. I stalked her through the trees till she hit a small clearing, then with blade in hand, I charged the pathetic vixen. She screamed and tried to run but I was much faster than her. I could have easily ended her life right there with just my hands but I needed to use the blade. Metal blades could only come from the Metal Man and for me, he needed to stay far away from that village. I left the blades crudely sticking in her neck as I walked off, feeling incredibly satisfied.

I returned to my love later that evening, finding him by a roaring fire cooking dinner. He was bemused by the events earlier that day and seemed to scold me, but I paid him little mind. We lounged by the fire, just as always.Tonight though, we were greeted by men dressed in war shirts and covered with paint.. The men produced the blood tinged blade I had used and shouted anger at the Metal Man. He held his hand up and attempted to calm them but was struck. I felt his blood hit my face and I moved to wipe it from my eyes. Apparently, the men didn't notice me before in the shadows cast by the flame and stood there stunned as I drew myself to my full height, towering over them. They had come with spears and arrows but I wouldn't need anything to handle this. The first man lost his jugular in the first swing. A spear swung wide and I bite into an arm as it past, crushing bone. An arrow caught my eye, so I found its sender and beat his head into the earth. A club would break a rib, so I would break a spine. I would trade all my flesh, if but to save my love's life. As quickly as it started, the only things left standing were me and the Metal Man. I however, would not be standing long and toppled over on to the soft earth, the taste of blood thick in my throat. Through tears, the Metal Man was right beside me and cradled my head in his lap. I tried to tell him I was sorry for all that I did but all I could do was stare mournfully into his starry eyes. There, under the moon light, he lightly caressed my face, kissed me gently repeatedly on my nose and sang me ragged songs till the night took everything away.

Hypha fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

J.A.B.C. posted:

You genre is Badass Swordsmen. Where lots of people sigh and draw their katanas, have clunkily-translated (or awesome-sounding untranslated) names for their attacks and every movement makes that awesome 'sching' sound. Samurai 7, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo are good places to start.

You flash rule is that your story cannot take place in the feudal era.

I put it in the judgement post that last week didn't have any losers or count-outs, due to it being the July 4 weekend. Though Dr. Idle didn't even post, so he might be getting a shametar-ing.

Do you have the file for that .gif you currently have? I could probably photoshop his head where yours is.

Also

EDIT: :siren:Sign-ups are closed! The wheel of fate is turning!:siren:

Remember that you have until Midnight on Wednesday to work on your stories, so take your time and make it as good as you can.

I was red-texted this, so I of course do not have the file. Always wear red text avatars with pride.

(He left Jho's tail on, so shameful)

• Locked thread