Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in because I could use a losertar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inthesto posted:

So do entries actually have to be related to video games when the prompt is not, or is this just Thunderdome on a different subforum

Pretty positive they have to be video game related.

Eg: if you're writing about someone being pulled over for drunk driving you make it set in the Mario Kart universe or whatever.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad Night
Word count: 653

(Its not gaming related sadly)

At 22 you think you can get away with anything..

I pull onto the highway and see a bunch of lights and cars stopped on the interstate. As I get closer the familiar red and blue lights came into focus, the campaign hat signifying that the state troopers were at work, and the ocassional officer using their flashlight to cops were involved that at least was certain.

Still in a haze I brought the car to a halt at the first highway patrolman. He instructed me to approach the second officer standing further down, Officer Daniels was it? Officer Duncan? Something like that. gently caress, he just said it.

I stop just short of the second officer, and for a split second I debate if I should try to turn the car around and just head back. No, that'd be just as bad. I'll just try to get through this as best I can. DUI checkpoints aren't necessarily a scary thing, that is of course if you aren't drunk and just drove into one of them like a moron. The alcohol from just an hour earlier is still fresh in my body. That couch I was offered sure sounds like a much better deal than what I'm facing right now. That gnawing feeling like you're seconds from something terrible happening starts to fill my head.

"Good evening sir, I'm Officer...." That's all I heard at first before I know I'm screwed. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Sir? Your license and registration please."

I reach over for my registration and pulled out my license. My hand starts to shake from the adrenaline coursing through my body.

"OK, Mr. Samuels thank you. Now, can I ask where you were coming from?"

"Uh.."

Should I lie to him?

"A...a friend's house. Over on Jackson Street."

"OK sir, and may I ask have you been drinking tonight?"

"No. No sir."

"Are you sure Mr. Samuels? Your eyes are a little bloodshot and I can smell a bit of alcohol coming from your car."

gently caress it, I've got too much to lose and if I can get out of this with a little white lie then I'll do it.

"Officer I swear to you I was not drinking. I promise you I'd never do that." My voice trembles.

poo poo, he smells the alcohol on me. That sweet alluring taste of debauchery and liquefied courage.

"OK sir, I'll just need you to stay her for a moment."

He heads towards the rear of the car in the direction I just came from. I can hear him talking to the first officer but only barely. This is it. This is where for the next several years of my life I am royally hosed. The crunching gravel signals the Officer is making his way back to me.

"OK sir, here's your license and registration. You're good to go. Drive safe now."

Wait...what? Did he just say that? Am I in the clear? Should I pull the car away and do...

"Sir, did you hear me? I said you can go."

"Yeah...sorry." I smile sheepishly at him.

Holy poo poo I'm in the clear! Thank loving Christ, I swear I'll never drink and drive again. I swear to God I'll never be this stupid again. The car comes to a steady speed as I enter the highway. The adrenaline starts to dissipate as I reach the exit a few miles down from the checkpoint. I keep telling myself that it's just a few blocks and I'm home. After pulling into my apartments parking lot I turn the car off and just site there for a while and think. I think about how I just lied to a policeman. I think about what could have happened if he didn't let me go. I think about what would have happened had I listened to everyone saying I should stay and sleep on that drat couch.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

J.A.B.C. posted:

Unfunny Poster for a really clunky bit of exposition,

Well poo poo I knew it was bad. :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I'm in for this weeks prompt with a flash rule as well.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

J.A.B.C. posted:

You want to tell a funny story. But no one is laughing, for whatever reason.

Way to bring my real life into it rear end in a top hat :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weekend got away from me and I couldn't submit a story. I accept my shameful fate.

• Locked thread