Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
naked son debriefing :fry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Part of me really wishes MGSV would never come out. It'll come out, people will know the plot, and all the anticipation, expectation, hype, weird theories etc will be all gone. Forever

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
There will never be another MGSV E3 trailer to look forward to and, to me, that's messed up.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There will never be another MGSV E3 trailer to look forward to and, to me, that's messed up.

right now i'm anxiously waiting for mgsv to come out and one day i'm going to have playted it for 200 hours and be burned out on it and wont care anymore.... to me, thats whats messed up

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

What's the consensus for PS1 MGS vs. GC Twin Snakes? I have both and I'm trying to decide which one to work through again (been a very long time since I've played either one of them).

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Part of me really wishes MGSV would never come out. It'll come out, people will know the plot, and all the anticipation, expectation, hype, weird theories etc will be all gone. Forever

Most recent fun theory I saw was about how the doctor present when you come out of your coma looks exactly like the nutty Italian guy who says he can do a full head transplant by 2017 (his voice actor looks vaguely like him). Somehow the whole "V has come to" ties into that too but it seemed like a little bit of a stretch

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also Hideo & Sergio Canavero know eachother somehow so there's that too

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Games posters keep handwringing over the scantily clad superhuman sniper

still?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

she has huge boobs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

she has huge boobs

nice

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

she hafs a heaving bosom

Dec 26, 2012

rediscover posted:

she has huge boobs

well gee no wonder theyre upset then.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd like to gently caress the video game babe, either in her world or ours

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'd like to gently caress the video game babe, either in her world or ours

Same.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I want to hide her from my friends and have her snipe my cigarettes and then we both uncomfortably go from sitting to laying down in a helicopter together unable to make up our minds

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BigPoot posted:

What's the consensus for PS1 MGS vs. GC Twin Snakes? I have both and I'm trying to decide which one to work through again (been a very long time since I've played either one of them).
If you've never played MGS1 stick with the original.

imo Twin snakes is crap. Shooting in first person breaks the game and the lovely cutscenes conflict with the gameplay. Part of mgs' charm is Snake is an underdog solider overcoming the odds, hes not suppose to run on walls and kick flip off missiles like loving neo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

mgs4 is epic but parts of it are really gay. it would be a millipn times better if there was just more sneaking and less exposition and tjings other than sneaking

I like all of it, even all the bloated ridiculous overly long cutscenes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snake is old, past his prime; people didn't want Metal Gear games anymore because every game at the time started just looking like movies, so Kojima went full blown crazy and figured instead of making a cinematic roller coaster ride he would just spends years making hundreds of people craft tons of HD assets so that two character models would stand still and talk to each other for 20 minutes while the camera pans and cuts with the intensity of an action movie over tables and keyboards and dinner plates. It's so sick

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah and the plot is so sick, lots of different locales, its just so good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sneaking into Shadow Moses as Old Snake while flashbacks from MGS1 appear on screen is insanely epic...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of act 4 is so sick, almost as good as act 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MGS4 acts, RANKED!

5 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
act 4... All of it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sunny maked the eggs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sunny maked the eggs

the scenes where sunny cooks eggs gave noted insane games writer, designer and goon Tim Rogers prodromal schizophrenia.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

MGS4 acts, RANKED!

5 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2.

act 3?? wtf.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

the scenes where sunny cooks eggs gave noted insane games writer, designer and goon Tim Rogers prodromal schizophrenia.

Eggs did it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

act 3?? wtf.

Let's see your tier list, tough guy.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

act 3?? wtf.

the motorcycle and boss fight is so cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

and maybe the best cutscene in the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

and maybe the best cutscene in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Eggs did it again

http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=430 ctrl+f egg

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Let's see your tier list, tough guy.

2 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 3

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sunny maked the eggs

hell yes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

that guy is a freaking peice of poo poo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

2 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 3

2, really? That's the most forgettable act to me, only parts that stick out are following footprints and the scene where Vamp and Raiden fight

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Niggerstomper58 posted:

One of the characters — Sunny, a little girl who dresses inexplicably in Harajuku fashion, in what might be a conscientious shout-out to the closeted pedophiles lurking in the Japanese shadows (conscientious because if these people had to go twenty hours without seeing a simulated little girl, they’d have to rape a real one) — tries her best to cook eggs for Snake and Otacon. She asks Snake, “Would you like some eggs?” And he says “Uhhh . . . no thanks”. She makes him eggs anyway. She brings the eggs downstairs and sets them in front of Snake. She takes a cigarette from his fingers just before he can put it in his lips. “No smoking in the plane!” she says. She goes back up into the kitchen. Snake looks at the eggs. “Otacon, can’t you teach her how to fry an egg?” Otacon shrugs. “Do I look like someone who knows how to fry an egg?”

Are you loving serious? Neither Snake nor Otacon nor this little girl knows how to fry an egg? The only person who does know how to fry eggs is the genome-expert science-genius female? You’d think that the one person who would not know how to fry an egg would be the determined, professional, full-grown woman. Otacon is a lonely bachelor, and Snake — for gently caress’s sake — is a trained US Ranger, the most elite force in the goddamned world, called “Snake Eaters” because they’re capable of eating raw snakes if they have to. You figure, if Snake couldn’t make eggs for himself, he’d at least be able to stomach disgusting ones. More than this, what’s so disgusting about the eggs? Are they too runny? Are they burnt? Rocky, in the movie “Rocky”, drinks raw eggs for breakfast, so Snake should be able to handle runny eggs. And burnt ones? See the “Snake Eater” comment. Do they need salt? We realize that Sunny is a girl with a troubled past, a dead mother, and many rape innuendos, though how painful would it be, really, to explain to this girl — a computer genius, by the way — that some people like their eggs cooked differently than other people, that there exist a myriad of possible ways to cook eggs? The girl can likely multiply seventeen-digit numbers in her head with a snap of her fingers — she’d probably be open to the permutations of egg-cookery.

It’s apparent, here, that Hideo Kojima can cook eggs by himself. He’s probably been able to prepare eggs delicious enough for his own standards for several decades. He’s probably never given any thought to whether or not he ever found egg-cooking to be difficult. Chances are, he arrived at the blank pages preemptively marked “Mission Briefing Script” in need of a metaphor, and just plucked one out of thin air: “Lots of people probably find it hard to fry eggs!” It almost looks, at a point, like the egg metaphor had been constructed out of a hare-brained assumption that Kojima himself was a genius for being able to fry eggs so well without instruction. It’s conceivable, in the shadow of the moment, that Kojima saw himself as stepping down from a pedestal, getting real with his audience, and sympathizing with their inability to cook eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Kojima saw himself as stepping down from a pedestal, getting real with his audience, and sympathizing with their inability to cook eggs.

lmfao

• Locked thread