Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I don't know how deep the chamfers are on those head bolt holes, but I would be concerned about local high spots around them after overtorquing. I'm not sure if I should recommend hitting it with a stone, if that will screw up the surface finish too much etc, but on other things like fixture plates and such that's what I normally do. One of these guys http://www.amazon.com/Starrett-380-...ZGJZQJXJ2KC9DJ, a feeler, and a bright light would do you for checking flatness. Or just lug the block over to a machine shop and prepare dollers for handing over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread