Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
:stare: Who won that one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Controversy!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

loving lol, get owned

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Highlights? What is this bullshit.

edit: Girls can't build robots.

edit2: They don't even show the fight of a robot that's in every single promo and commercial.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 29, 2015

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

why'd they stop it so fast. i wanted to see complete control suplex it :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I guess since they only have six episodes they're rushing

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Rematch!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I guess since they only have six episodes they're rushing

They should get rid of these opinion panel things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

They should get rid of these opinion panel things.

The only reason it's on ABC (and getting viewers) is because they retooled it that way.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

e: nevermind

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Goonbot 2:Electric Bugaloo!

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This seems like a good flame bot since it can hold the flame.\

e: wow its a retard match

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Complete Control doesn't seem to be controlling very well

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The least visible hazard, the low budget floor.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

That was awesome!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Can we get Muppets vs. Battlebots

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Nets should totally be allowed. Let's get this Robot arms race going!

Oh ok they gave it to the bot that broke itself on the other bot then put itself in the smasher. Good job, great.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Goonbot loses.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mechathief posted:

They were allowed in the UK, one bot had a net shooter I remember. It wasn't very effective.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Witch Doctor advancing is a bit odd to me.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Warhead gets a wild card over Nightmare? Bullshit.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

njsykora posted:

They were allowed in the UK, one bot had a net shooter I remember. It wasn't very effective.

It was super effective here, apparently!

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I don't think anything beating tombstone.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

How the gently caress did Warhead get a wildcard spot? I'm calling BS

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KyloWinter posted:

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on Tombstone.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Warhead?

loving refbots.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The wild card selections are a bit odd, but all the Battlebots judging stuff was always screwy, so it's par for the course I guess.

Not too sure about all the professional wrestling-style DRAMA they've added to the show, but the quality of the actual fights has been good.

Tombstone looks impressive, but the 'weed whacker' design has tended to have problems with weapons breaking down, after which you're hosed. My pick so far would be....Bronco, maybe?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

KyloWinter posted:

Sadly, I'd rather put my money on any of the other wedgebots like Bite Force, Overdrive, Stinger, etc. Bronco would be my dark horse, but something hilariously minute always tends to kill an Inertia Labs bot at these tournaments.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I've seen Tombstone go and Ghost Raptor himself and snap his blade before so that could totally happen.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
That net bullshit probably caused major stress to the metal of Ghost Raptor's blade that wasn't evident visually and thats why it snapped. But that's balanced by Complete Control's poor clearance design (no one else has had that happen on the floor). Both bot were hindered by mechanical failures and Ghost Raptor managed to put up a real good fight. He deserved the win.

Tombstone scares the crap out of me.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mechathief posted:

Oh ok they gave it to the bot that broke itself on the other bot then put itself in the smasher. Good job, great.

I've always wanted to see a Battlebots filmed in a junkyard in Nevada so the bots could use full automatic weapons on each other. Would be a hell of a show.

VBane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzZa_5Vdcy0

loving UFO bots.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 29, 2015

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

VBane posted:

That net bullshit probably caused major stress to the metal of Ghost Raptor's blade that wasn't evident visually and thats why it snapped. But that's balanced by Complete Control's poor clearance design (no one else has had that happen on the floor). Both bot were hindered by mechanical failures and Ghost Raptor managed to put up a real good fight. He deserved the win.

The last time CC competed ages and ages ago, when it was plastered with SA stickers, Blooot had tried a new tactic of using rare earth magnets to help it keep from being lifted off the steel arena. Basically, I think, a similar thing happened then, although this match was waaay better. In the ancient last appearance of CC, the magnets were miscalibrated too close to the arena or something and CC couldn't move well, just like tonight. I'm thinking that when the back wedge got bent on the arena as CC zoomed out of the start area, if rare earth magnets were being used again it knocked them just enough closer to the arena to repeat history.

I honestly think that match was a close call, but CC should have won. It had nearly no major damage, but the other bot not only broke its main weapon, but it looked like it was also a stinky mess of melted things inside. I'm shocked it was able to continue operating, it got roasted more massively than any other robot really so far.

The mystery box of troll was so completely awesome though. :D

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
CC completely stopped moving like 20-30 seconds before the match ended, when it got lifted you could see a chain hanging loose by the wheels. I'm guessing it lost drive on one side there at the end and was completely dead in the water, seeing as it could barely move before getting smacked around.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I hope they post the fights that got cut online

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
So would I, but I bet they were lame anyway.

Actually, about half the battles on the original series were really boring push fights, so I'd have to imagine that the ones that didn't make it to TV were a special kind of awful.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Coaaab posted:

So would I, but I bet they were lame anyway.

Actually, about half the battles on the original series were really boring push fights, so I'd have to imagine that the ones that didn't make it to TV were a special kind of awful.

Of the fights they only showed quick highlights of, Radioactive vs Sweet Revenge looked really lovely. Sweet Revenge's spinner seemed too weak to affect Radioactive and Radioactive's axe looked hilariously impotent.

Radioactive is really sleek looking but that axe seems like a terrible weapon and it's gonna get its rear end handed to it when it faces any competent bot.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The goonbot cheating and then immediately suiciding on the slightly uneven floor for the runback was chillingly appropriate.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tombstone is basically unstoppable.

The only way to kill it is with plastic expolsives.

EDIT: Oh wait, poo poo. Just saw that UFO bot video.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 29, 2015

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The box with the net was pure heel tactics. Absolutely magnificent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gonz posted:

Tombstone is basically unstoppable.

The only way to kill it is with plastic expolsives.

EDIT: Oh wait, poo poo. Just saw that UFO bot video.
Well, it's helpful that 1) there are no full-body spinners for the rest of the competition, 2) that Tombstone was a 340 lb. version from about ten years ago so I'm sure this new 250 lb. version has better components now as well as the guy being a better driver over that period of time.

• Locked thread