Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

VBane posted:

That net bullshit probably caused major stress to the metal of Ghost Raptor's blade that wasn't evident visually and thats why it snapped. But that's balanced by Complete Control's poor clearance design (no one else has had that happen on the floor). Both bot were hindered by mechanical failures and Ghost Raptor managed to put up a real good fight. He deserved the win.

Tombstone scares the crap out of me.

The last time CC competed ages and ages ago, when it was plastered with SA stickers, Blooot had tried a new tactic of using rare earth magnets to help it keep from being lifted off the steel arena. Basically, I think, a similar thing happened then, although this match was waaay better. In the ancient last appearance of CC, the magnets were miscalibrated too close to the arena or something and CC couldn't move well, just like tonight. I'm thinking that when the back wedge got bent on the arena as CC zoomed out of the start area, if rare earth magnets were being used again it knocked them just enough closer to the arena to repeat history.

I honestly think that match was a close call, but CC should have won. It had nearly no major damage, but the other bot not only broke its main weapon, but it looked like it was also a stinky mess of melted things inside. I'm shocked it was able to continue operating, it got roasted more massively than any other robot really so far.

The mystery box of troll was so completely awesome though. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I didn't realize Chomp's attack was autonomous. That's pretty cool.

I want to see more applied AI on the bots. I love where this sport is going. :)

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
I don't like what little I have seen of battling robot shows with house robots. They are always waaay overpowered compared to the combatants and distracting.

• Locked thread