Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I remember that bot being really bad.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This bot owns tbh. The disc has a zillion rpm as it stumbles around. I feel like they shoulda named it t-wrekt tho.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
^Yeah the rules require some sort of active weapon system.

Warhead is the poo poo. But they say its modular? Does that mean mini-bots too?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I'm craving a hot dog pizza.

The only problem with Ziggo was that it was in a light or medium weight class instead of heavyweight.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
The legend was he was really cool looking. Also wedgebots are lame.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Competitor here (so I can't talk about stuff much).... Wrecks is a clever design and a build with that principle by the same team does really well in the lightweight category; it did not scale up well because their control system was all manual, rather than using a microcontroller to time the steps.

-some utube comment

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
this lockjaw intro is tight im hype

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Henchman of Santa posted:

Everything spoken on this show sounds scripted

ya i thought that last week

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Rofl that bot go hosed.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I can't imagine flame is that good. I feel like you'd need to hold the flame on the tires/internals for a while before they started heating up to destructive levels.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This bot owns.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
LAFFO

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This seems like a good flame bot since it can hold the flame.\

e: wow its a retard match

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I don't think anything beating tombstone.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

T1g4h posted:

Warhead owns, gently caress the haters :colbert:

Glad it got a wildcard. It actually wrecked poo poo back in the day, kinda hope they get the kinks worked out and start ruining bots again. Plus, it just looks so goddamn cool :h:

Also glad the judges sided with Ghost Raptor. CC's net move was lovely, no matter how you look at it.

Nah it owned.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I feel like in 15 years someone should have figured out how to beat spinners but I guess not.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
ghost raptor is really quick

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
That was tight.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
nice legs

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Bronco for sure, always been a fan of toro and that other bot they had. I dig the flip power.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Someone make a gif of bronco flipping stinger while he's on fire.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I don't remember ring outs ever being a thing in the old show. I don't like em but those flips were mean. Also witchdoctor stands no chance up against tombstone.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
If witchdoctor has a way to right itself, it wins that match.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Tough to call.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Ghost raptor has the best design with the moving parts in front.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Great Beer posted:

It's spinner sucked, its lifter was terrible, and the wedge was too high to be useful. About time something on that robot worked.

It's insanely fast and agile though.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fxi3vXNwGk

Chuck Pitzer 2 weeks ago
"Yea, cool idea, but it was a rush job. By the time I started to realize some of the weaknesses, it was too late to redesign and get materials shipped. I had to keep chopping material out of the bar and the head until it was just a windowed-out skeleton and thin-gauge tubing. My final check-in weight was 248.8lbs. Max allowable weight was 250.0."

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

DOOP posted:

I'm still stunned the De-Icer actually worked :stare: Ghost Raptor manged to win three fights with a busted bot and some great improvisation each time. Just give him the trophy.

Shame Tombstone/Bronco is a semi instead of the final

I've always liked the other raptors, and I honestly think the speed and agility of that bot is making it my favorite along with the underdog wins. I'm digging all the modular bots.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Prehistoric animals or something I dunno. Looks cool though.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Any quadcopter bot would be ineffective. You'd need big fuckoff props to even lift something that large off the ground. which would hinder your maneuverability in the little ring. Then once you're all comfortable in the air floating above the other bot, all they need to do is shoot a burst of flame in your direction and you're falling right out of the air. The flame doesn't even need to touch the bot just take up the air underneath it and it would probably destabilize enough to crash since the arena is too small of a space to recover. I imagine this would be a risk if it was using a flamethrower as its own weapon as well.

Maybe a small helper drone could be a quad/tricopter with a flamethrower, if it were smaller it could recover faster, and it would actually get more maneuverable as you used up more fuel.

Is there a rule that says flamethrowers need to be these ineffective little flame puff things? Why doesn't anybody have a loving afterburner?

complete control had a pretty impressive torch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

bewbies posted:

these dweebs make football players and pro fighters look like well adjusted eloquent people

You are right. They should by more thankful of God

• Locked thread