Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bog pixie

if you get lonely you can play the cloud game with a computer just like google did -

guy at google smoking some weed: looks like a dragon on the left there maybe
computer: [PROCESSING...]
google man: i see a depressed fish, and it remind me of myself
computer:

they told an artificial neural network, which is normally used to do things like read handwriting or classify an image into a category, to process an image and highlight things it saw, then do it to the result and keep going until it came out with that hosed up landscape filled with bloated fish and pig monsters

here's the blog post about it and here is a gallery of the nightmarish world that exists inside the mind of the machine. i dont really know what this means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
incredible. i have no words

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

verily carefree

It's OK I brought some extras. Potatoes. Marsh mellow. Asparagus.

ron color
these are amazing, theres a time lapse video in the link

i am he

awesome.

bacalou

[announcer voice] in a world ruled by computers, one artificial intelligence stands alone with humanity

drug addict: drat, this lsd is awesome...

drug AI: AFFIRMATIVE

[double boom sound / fade to black]

AI cop: YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR POSSESSION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS. YOU WILL COME WITH US.

drug addict: i haven't done anything man! i haven't [echoy fade to black] DONE ANYTHING

[double boom sound and fade into sirens as a robot news reporter lists off daily drug arrests]

hippie scientist: it took thirty years to recover this data intact... [holds up futuristic flash drive] but it's finally ready... the lost LSD simulator, codenamed KATANA

[drug AI adjusts his eyebrows quizzically before double boom sound and fade to black]

[announcer voice] in the year 2045, the only man who can save humanity... isn't a man at all

[magic carpet ride by steppenwolf starts blaring as the robot broadcasts the lsd program to all the robots in the city, arresting robots uncuff the humans and everyone starts having fun and dancing]

[music is muffled as cyborg ice queen-looking lady stares at city, obviously unaffected by the program]

woman: they've found it... it's time we stopped fighting with kid gloves... bring me that Drug AI

robot: but DAI hasn't done anything illegal

woman: if the president tells you to do something THEN DO IT [ woman throws a lamp at the robot before double boom sound and fade to black]

[announcer voice] this summer... one robot can save us... one woman wants to enslave us... one signal will carrier wave us... to freedom

wesley snipes is... DAI-KATANA

bog pixie

lol

bog pixie

[developer's notes] the drat thing loves dogs

City of Glompton

amazing I love this thank you for sharing!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

dogcrash truther
all of these are better than the original

dogcrash truther
lol holy fck

ron color

dogcrash truther posted:

Bwee

bog pixie posted:

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
every drat search now

----------------

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
these own

Bwee

dogdisaster posted:

every drat search now

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

dogcrash truther posted:

poor Seurat

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

i like the last image more than i like the original painting

----------------

ron color

dogdisaster posted:

every drat search now

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

tada posted:

It's OK I brought some extras. Potatoes. Marsh mellow. Asparagus.

----------------

smoobles

i for one think it's hosed Up that computers have imaginations now

----------------

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hieronymus bot

treasured8elief

smoobles posted:

i for one think it's hosed Up that computers have imaginations now
I'm glad, I think its an amazing thing to do

treasured8elief

bog pixie posted:

joke_explainer

This is basically how image search works. It breaks everything down into lines, edge tracing, shape tracing, etc, and tries to fit them into what it's been trained on. Like Waton's image recognition has seen thousands of images, can look at pic of a dude playing soccer and guess its a dude playing soccer. It's an insanely difficult computing problem and we're getting closer all the time, but yeah, this is the meticulous action of something studying clouds with a perfect memory, and matching every little detail to something in their memory. It's quite impressive. Our big data processing technologies are getting better all the time, making more and more kinds of data accessible in new ways. (Like Watson's expert system for medicine: There's so much new (and old!) medical research information out there right now that no doctor can possibly keep up with everything they might need. But Watson can read every journal, and every instance can learn from everything every other instance does, correlating and matching the relevant details and weighing them up or down based on what it experiences. Every year it will get better and better.

Great video about the future of automation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

there are waY TOO MANY DOGS AND EYES

problematic hug

bog pixie posted:

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
25 Optical Illusions for Computers

saboten

bog pixie posted:

lol

they're really cool

thank u bacalou

alnilam

Miss Psychosis

Al Borland

by XyloJW

apparently computers see eyeballs dogs and birds everywhere and in everything.

The dogs and the birds are cool, but I'm not so sure about the eyeballs everywhere.

----------------

alnilam

ty manifisto

alnilam

ron color posted:

these are amazing, theres a time lapse video in the link

I can't find it where :(

ty manifisto

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

I see a basset hound, left edge middle

E: aw, and it made.little cars because it recognized a road :3

bog pixie

alnilam posted:

I can't find it where :(

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...EN1d205bUdEMnhB

google THIS

computer (being shown Rorschach ink blot tests): I see...a dog and 14 eyeballs. a dog and 13 eyeballs. 42 eyeballs, and...a dog. 2 dogs and 7 eyeballs...

dogcrash truther

google THIS posted:

computer (being shown Rorschach ink blot tests): I see...a dog and 14 eyeballs. a dog and 13 eyeballs. 42 eyeballs, and...a dog. 2 dogs and 7 eyeballs...

alnilam

google THIS posted:

lol

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bog pixie posted:

• Locked thread