Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

So if you Rolecop 7 and get VANILLA, VIGILANTE, you will know that the vigilante is one of 1-6

AH! I did miss that second part, that makes it a little more useful I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Thank you for the advice. I, the Rolecop, will use it well.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Little Mac posted:

Thank you for the advice. I, the Rolecop, will use it well.

Someone rolecop this guy plz

and town cop

and vig thx

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

Someone rolecop this guy plz

and town cop

and vig thx

you don't wanna vote him tho? did you roll scum again bird?

##vote birdstrike

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

you don't wanna vote him tho? did you roll scum again bird?

##vote birdstrike

look at this guy trying to play mafia or something.

sheeeeeeeeeit

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

look at this guy trying to play mafia or something.

sheeeeeeeeeit

i'm just trying to take part in jokephase like everybody else, but i have a serious role: cop.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
it means i have to take every post VERY SERIOUSLY

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
That role was a steal for your position in the draft.
Lucky you're a high character guy with upside.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

That role was a steal for your position in the draft.
Lucky you're a high character guy with upside.

and enormous balls

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Birdstrike (1): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, EXAKT Science

Not Voting (13): Birdstrike, Ghastly Gangsta, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Little Mac, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax, oxidation, yuming

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 29th, 2015 at 1:59 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 18 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

DRAFT ORDER posted:

1. Omega
2. MMT
3. Hal
4. MMM
5. GG
6. birdstrike
7. Exact
8. Grandicap
9. LM
10. Opo
11. yuming
12. Kumba
13. Oxidation
14. Diqnol

##vote Diqnol

If you think about it, the people on the bottom of the draft order are fundamentally less likely to contribute to hunting scum as those of us at the top, and we can't afford to take out people with useful skills. I know that might seem unfair to those at the bottom, but hey - if they don't like it they should have picked better numbers.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OmegaGoo posted:

Would it be inappropriate for a new person to SA Mafia (but not mafia in general) to sign up for this game?

If it's not inappropriate (double negatives!), I'd like to play.

I just remembered you're new to SA Mafia so just FYI Diqnol = GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Diqnol

If you think about it, the people on the bottom of the draft order are fundamentally less likely to contribute to hunting scum as those of us at the top, and we can't afford to take out people with useful skills. I know that might seem unfair to those at the bottom, but hey - if they don't like it they should have picked better numbers.

And you picked me to demonstrate your point? Why would I not contribute? Let's kill this idea right now in its cradle. Unabated classism! ##vote Murmur Twin

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Murmur Twin posted:

I just remembered you're new to SA Mafia so just FYI Diqnol = GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Oh thank goodness. The fact that Pizza wasn't on the list confused me!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want you all to really, truly think about what Murmur is saying there. She is saying that people without roles are less likely to scum hunt. That's a terrible thought at all, but she then applied it to me, the mafia post monster, making it just that much worse. It's almost like her thought is so absurd that it must be an attempt to jumpstart conversation...I only wish she had let someone else do it so the premise was less bad.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Eh, it really depends on what people are used to doing or how they play more than what role they have. I do agree losing power roles is a bitch, but vanillas can scumhunt just as well.

So I won't think REALLY hard on it, but I will consider it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OmegaGoo posted:

Eh, it really depends on what people are used to doing or how they play more than what role they have. I do agree losing power roles is a bitch, but vanillas can scumhunt just as well.

Right, but we don't know what alignment people were in their roles, only what order people picked in. We aren't here to hang people for not having power roles. That's objectively bad mafia. We're here to hang people who are scum and do not discriminate beyond that. In addition, a role nobody picked might have made it to near the bottom. It's a mind numbingly bad plan and I'm irritated she picked me over someone less likely to be irritated. Like, I was always going to contribute plenty today. Targeting me seems...lazy. Very lazy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OmegaGoo posted:

We're fighting a War on Scum, people. Can we really afford to coddle these Vanilla Towns while hard-working people with skills are murdered?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Targeting me seems...lazy. Very lazy.

What do you call leeching information and protection off of those of us who studied hard during the number selection phase? :colbert:

It's almost like her thought is so absurd that it must be an attempt to jumpstart conversation...

I'm just asking questions. :foxnews:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Diqnol

MMT have you made a corresponding post in the scum doc saying you should kill people on the top of the list?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Diqnol

I don't get it, why are people more likely to be vanillas less likely to contribute

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That literally made no sense and figured MMT was making a joke but now I am not so sure

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

VTs are the hardworking folk that form the backbone of this town

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMT consider this, the scum players with power roles are the most threatening so we should target players high on the list ##vote MMT

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

VTs are the hardworking folk that form the backbone of this town

i'm starting to get uncomfortable with the idea that people might think I actually think like this, I assure you I'm just roleplaying Bad Conservative Stereotype

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MMT consider this, the scum players with power roles are the most threatening so we should target players high on the list ##vote MMT

I like the cut of MMM's jib.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMT I got the conservative thing after your initial post but I'm still a bit concerned that the first post was maybe a bit real

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

i'm starting to get uncomfortable with the idea that people might think I actually think like this, I assure you I'm just roleplaying Bad Conservative Stereotype

Unpopular opinion, better back off quickly...

##vote MMT

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It seems like a pretty smooth back off in that it begins in the first post

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I know I said the same thing but looking back it seems a bit better.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MMT I got the conservative thing after your initial post but I'm still a bit concerned that the first post was maybe a bit real

Grandicap posted:

##vote MMT

To be clear, you guys are saying you think that was an honest attempt to get Diqnol lynched?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, they (and I) probably expected there to be an argument levied against people low on the list, just perhaps as a part of a later case or defense. That you came out of the gate like that is troubling, troubling indeed. It's not that you were trying to hang me per se but rather that you seemed to be forcing the idea so hard that it seems more like you're scum who isn't too good at the early game jokiness.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Apparently I'm playing a naive Conservative who votes along party lines! :v:

Point being is this oughta be good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

We're fighting a War on Scum, people. Can we really afford to coddle these Vanilla Towns while hard-working people with skills are murdered?

What do you call leeching information and protection off of those of us who studied hard during the number selection phase? :colbert:

I'm just asking questions. :foxnews:

You might think it's the liberal media, but you can't argue with pure science. If I were to take a follicle of yours and put it under a microscope, I would find stock portfolios and contempt for humanity strung together with nutella where a normal person might have a strand of DNA. You don't fool us. Remember this the next time you try to screw over the little guy: A phone with 1% can't even send a text.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Well, they (and I) probably expected there to be an argument levied against people low on the list, just perhaps as a part of a later case or defense. That you came out of the gate like that is troubling, troubling indeed. It's not that you were trying to hang me per se but rather that you seemed to be forcing the idea so hard that it seems more like you're scum who isn't too good at the early game jokiness.

this says my thoughts better than i could have said them

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I do think there is a certain amount of strategy in realizing that people near the top of the list are more likely to be PRs than people near the bottom. I just feel like (a) that's obvious and (b) it shouldn't be the sole determining factor in who we vote lynch right at the beginning of D1 when there are better things to look for. For example,

Grandicap posted:

##vote MMT

This looks like scum throwing in a bandwagon vote to me. ##vote Grandicap

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning! I am leaving soon ~yay camping~ and will read this game on the drive up.

bbl~

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

To be clear, you guys are saying you think that was an honest attempt to get Diqnol lynched?

read maybe my very next posts?

But yeah basically what diqnol said and what you yourself said here:

Murmur Twin posted:

I do think there is a certain amount of strategy in realizing that people near the top of the list are more likely to be PRs than people near the bottom. I just feel like (a) that's obvious and (b) it shouldn't be the sole determining factor in who we vote lynch right at the beginning of D1 when there are better things to look for. For example,

I figured there was a core of truth to it that is still a little uncomfortable

oxidation
May 22, 2011
Just because we're at the bottom of the list doesn't mean we deserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness any less. :colbert:

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

oxidation posted:

Just because we're at the bottom of the list doesn't mean we deserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness any less. :colbert:

What? You people at the bottom don't have rights!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Diqnol

This is the initial post. There was a list in here but nested quotes are sucky.
I do not see this as setting up a joke, it is a policy vote on a newly instituted policy. This is laying the foundation to vote people lower on the list with less scrutiny. If he knows his scumbuddies are higher on the list it allows him the ability to sway the lynch towards these people without the explicit tie to them. It is scummy at the outset.
On top of that, as soon as people start calling him out on it he backs off, hard, with it was just a joke, lol. Conservatives.
He is backing off of the unpopular opinion because it is too hot for him.
He is scum.

• Locked thread