Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would like to play your mysterious game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm so confused.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Guess I shouldn't have drunk the wine.

*burp*

##VOTE SANDERS 2016

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Would anyone like to exchange long protein strings?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hmm, needs more work.

##vote birdstrike for not being able to fix vote finder yet

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

If any of y'all motherfuckers thinks you can run with Clay Davis, I'ma have to sick Brother Mouzone on yo rear end.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Little Mac posted:

Thank you for the advice. I, the Rolecop, will use it well.

Someone rolecop this guy plz

and town cop

and vig thx

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

you don't wanna vote him tho? did you roll scum again bird?

##vote birdstrike

look at this guy trying to play mafia or something.

sheeeeeeeeeit

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
That role was a steal for your position in the draft.
Lucky you're a high character guy with upside.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

ladybird's my wife you weirdo

Mate you can at least close the toilet door when you're in there though.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

what, feeling intimidated?

Yes. I thought that the secret service should at least be able to get a scented candle, maybe some air freshener.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kumbamontu posted:

The thing I'm finding difficult to reconcile in my head is that MT is a very good player and I don't see her shooting herself in the foot like this. What scum player writes that post and then actually posts it after reading it over

Real talk though I agree with this post about MT.

It also makes me think Kumbamontu might know about the scum mindset in this game from being one
##vote Kumbamontu

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Scalia what a scrub.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Little Mac posted:

What is the best politician to be if you are a rolecop? That is the politician I will be.

Appius Claudius

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

birdstrike are you gonna be john howard?

haha why would I be that little dweeb when I could pick BOB THE BEER SCULLER HAWKE

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

your choice is good too, tho. anyway why is it that so few posts have happened? i know we're like two days out from deadline but COME ON people.

DJing is a good skill but does it get you tha ladies?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm supposed to have game related thoughts on D1...whaa? I probably should have seen it coming though given it lasts for three days.

I'm leaning towards MT not being scum mainly because I don't think scum would put themselves out in front of the discussion like that on D1. I also don't want to lynch Exakt today because then there'll be nobody awake when I am.

I'm thinking about voting GG right now on the basis of being engaged enough to get a high pick, but not engaged enough to show. Will reread before voting.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Ghastly Gangsta

By previous reasoning Hal could also do more. oxi is low on the list but hasn't posted much.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

bird gg has literally no content posts, so i'm not seeing your case.

My case is pretty much lynch a lurker with a higher draft pick.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
While we're here talking about ~mafia~ and not just posting pictures of our Johnsons, did anyone else notice that the Oracle role would be almost a Governor power if the scum have it?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
MT are you advocating a no-lynch? I don't quite get your point.

Normally town shouldn't want to rush into night phases as that is where scum do their thing but who knows with the role distribution in this setup.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Casing people in d1 weird me out a bit tbh.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

OmegaGoo posted:

Well, here's the thing, the difference between D1 and D2 is one person dies and SOME people have more information. Who knows if they're going to share that information?

While town lynches suck, reducing numbers might still help...

Never not lynch.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It's Day 1 and we have virtually no information. The information we do have comes from some educated guesses about the setup but doesn't point to anything about alignment.

In my experience lynching a lurker as a policy lynch has success equal or better than D1 casing in picking scum. I find cases with no data vulnerable to hijacking by scum whereas if you pick someone in objective data you eliminate the interference.

But the most important thing about D1 is to actually lynch so you have some data to test. I don't know why everyone is freaking out about deadline, but I guess I'm used to playing 12 hour days and this seems like a lot of time to me.

##vote Grandicap
Never not lynch.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The case for the vote seems bad to me, and is quickly abandoned.

Willing to potentially destroy roles with no indication to alignment.

noncommittal advocating of a hurried day phase.

Ambiguous statement about personal feelings about casing d1, but has no problem doing it or pushing for lightly explained votes.

##vote Birdstrike

I was in the middle of posting when this came up. Just quickly,
the Kumba vote was based on a joke
I wasnt cognisant of roles, I was cognisant of you not being engaged
I absolutely do not advocate hurrying day phase

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah I have been thinking that Birdstrike was new and that's why some of those posts were awkward but Votefinder says he's played lots of Auspol mafia which I guess also explains why he's awkward.

no u r

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If the choice is lynching someone who isn't engaging with the game versus someone who is, I'd rather lynch the person who isn't.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

At least Grandi has made a read on the game, why not go after someone like Little Mac who hasn't posted even that? There are other players who had barely any content at all. You didn't even seem to have an opinion on Grandi when people were talking about him

There is still plenty of time to explore other options and not just vote whoever has the most votes. Why are you painting a false dichotomy?

I agree the dichotomy doesn't just apply to Grandi. I read Little Mac's posts before as including a rolecop claim, and in the absence of a counterclaim I don't think that's a good lynch today.

But I expect that having claimed that, he will have some kind of result tomorrow which based on his info or choices could support a read on him then.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

LM also claimed vig. you seem awfully willing to take his claim at face value.

I took the vig claim as not serious. Am I wrong? Who knows, it's day 1!

I also took your cop claim at face value. I don't see how that makes me scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

didn't say it did! however, if i say that i'm copping you tonight, am i going to end up dead as a result?

You might, but it would be based on the possibility of you investigating scum later on and not connected to investigating me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I guess it's not just Auspol that's xenophobic :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Please don't tell me that people weren't thinking about deadline when I can quote posts like this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

So yeah , how about that deadline?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I've generally thought claiming d1 is poor form but y'all are weird so: I am town oracle.

Words I am committed to in a post which doesn't contain a vote.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
No GG, what's weird is being told that the actions one takes on D1 to generate tangible data to be tested - y'know, a voting record, is scummy.

Also, did you not think the rolecop and cop claims which were made without any votes on them were weird? Are you upset that I put a vote on you before?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

tangible data to be tested??? Let me setup the algorithm to run the computations so we can test your data. Votes don't inherently have to be scummy, it's how they're placed and the motivation behind them that makes the scummy. In your case you place them with little knowledge or conviction and set up a "D1 cases are weird" comment so you can defer to that instead of trying to explain legitimate scummy actions.

How do you even play this game? Setting up town to either no-lynch or mislynch is a key part of how scum succeed. You can't determine these things without a voting record.

Voting records aren't perfect and they aren't determinative, but they're a good way of showing who might not be acting in the best interests of town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm not voting for myself, and I think we should vote for someone.

##vote Kumbamontu

You can vote for me if you want, I just hope that you'll recognise some of the logic in my position regarding d1 when I flip town. The main thing I guess is that scum don't have their governor role.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I misread the deadline time - I thought it was 2pm my time (ie now).

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Well we'll get some data at least.

I only hope my noble sacrifice will demonstrate the benefits of the Auspol way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

merk posted:

Thoughts:
Town was so close to winning I think. Although this was a perfect scum victory, the town had this win within their grasp.

I completely disagree :v:

Thanks for running merk, great to see how a different kind of setup plays out and will definitely use some of this when modding future games.

• Locked thread