Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
yeah this looks fun and i'm dead everywhere else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
DIQNOL COME ON I WANT TO KILL PEOPLE

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

You are all scum!

yeah but being scum is alignment-neutral

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
okay so this is pretty cool. we know that if we didn't get the role we picked, that someone above us in the draft list has that role. also, the rolecop gets a little bit of extra info if they pick someone who didn't get their drafted role; they know that the person who has that role is higher on the draft list than their rolecop target. hopefully the rolecop is town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Birdstrike (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (14): Birdstrike, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Little Mac, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax, oxidation, yuming

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 29th, 2015 at 1:59 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

:homebrew:?

someone is missing

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

someone is missing

oh or there are 14 players

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

There's something a little funny about that. If Rolecop hits a vanilla, all he knows is that SOMEONE has that role. Not necessarily which role, but that someone else took that role. It really doesn't tell them that much unless they hit, like, the second person in draft.

nah i think it's more powerful than you're giving it credit for, especially as people die and flip roles that aren't the one they copped for. it's definitely a power that gets more powerful the fewer people there are tho.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not sure I follow... if you rolecop like the 7th person on the list and you get VANILLA then you know... what? I mean if you know what they were trying to get, then that is helpful, but otherwise it doesn't tell you a drat thing.

merk posted:

Rolecop: You are a rolecop. Each night, you may choose to investigate someone. The role they chose in the draft will be revealed to you, AS WELL AS whether or not they got it.

So if you Rolecop 7 and get VANILLA, VIGILANTE, you will know that the vigilante is one of 1-6

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

Someone rolecop this guy plz

and town cop

and vig thx

you don't wanna vote him tho? did you roll scum again bird?

##vote birdstrike

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

look at this guy trying to play mafia or something.

sheeeeeeeeeit

i'm just trying to take part in jokephase like everybody else, but i have a serious role: cop.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
it means i have to take every post VERY SERIOUSLY

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

That role was a steal for your position in the draft.
Lucky you're a high character guy with upside.

and enormous balls

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
yep, a hammer ends the day and means we can't post anymore

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
however, considering that the two vote leaders are at -6, i don't think you really have to wory

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

##vote EXAKT SCIENCE for being a mean person ~_~

diqnol i can't help that i step on people's toes sometimes. blame my huge package.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kumbamontu posted:

is it because your package is swinging wildly from side to side and thus throwing off your balance causing you to step on someone, or is it your package itself crushing people's toes?

you tell me

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Put it down next time so people don't feel the urge to sell you out to the communists. Honestly, people are supposed to do more than one thing with their hands.

oh i do, just ask ladybird :pervert:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

Oh for the President's sake, we don't need to have another Lewinski in here, dammit!

ladybird's my wife you weirdo

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

Mate you can at least close the toilet door when you're in there though.

what, feeling intimidated?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

Yes. I thought that the secret service should at least be able to get a scented candle, maybe some air freshener.

i have a reputation for being dirty and effective and i intend to uphold that

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Little Mac posted:

What is the best politician to be if you are a rolecop? That is the politician I will be.

Nixon or W Bush imo

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

i don't know who this is, some weirdo canuck probably

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The valuable and important prime minister Joe Clark

hmmm so Wikipedia says he was a Tory, but also says he was against South African apartheid and had some other good foreign policy poo poo, so he was good for a Tory? disclaimer i know gently caress all about canpol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

haha okay i missed that part

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
birdstrike are you gonna be john howard?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

haha why would I be that little dweeb when I could pick BOB THE BEER SCULLER HAWKE

because

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
your choice is good too, tho. anyway why is it that so few posts have happened? i know we're like two days out from deadline but COME ON people.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
there are players who have less than a quarter of the posts that the mod does. in fact i am the only poster who has more posts than the mod. GET IT TOGETHER, PEOPLE

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

DJing is a good skill but does it get you tha ladies?

i'm sure he's charming, but as bulges go, i'm not impressed. of course, not everyone can be as endowed as LBJ. his name's johnson for a reason:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Sorry about your car MT

If you have yet to place a vote, please name two people you think you could vote for and then vote for one of them! If you have a vote down, please explain it as best you can. I'd like EVERYONE to comment on Murmur Twin.

on MMT, vague town feelings so far, because these two posts:

Murmur Twin posted:

Kumba is pinging me at null-lean-scum - nothing solid, but it feels like he could be trying to dodge suspicion by buddying up to people.

Kumba - who do you find most suspicious at the moment and why?

Murmur Twin posted:

Who do you plan on :airquote: rolecopping :airquote: tonight?

came right out of my brain

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
i'm keeping my vote on bird until he posts actual game-related content, but would also switch to kumba

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

That's not the expected result of the mafia algorithm, please re-insert scenario with proper results.

beep boop what is mafia

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
bird gg has literally no content posts, so i'm not seeing your case.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

My case is pretty much lynch a lurker with a higher draft pick.

ah okay i misread your point. i'd still rather ##vote Kumba

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
why not? is the voteleader someone you're trying to protect?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
selfish how? i'm not sure i follow.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
sure, but i still don't follow how asking avoiding a turbo is selfish when you're not even close to being vote leader

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

I agree the dichotomy doesn't just apply to Grandi. I read Little Mac's posts before as including a rolecop claim, and in the absence of a counterclaim I don't think that's a good lynch today.

But I expect that having claimed that, he will have some kind of result tomorrow which based on his info or choices could support a read on him then.

LM also claimed vig. you seem awfully willing to take his claim at face value.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

I took the vig claim as not serious. Am I wrong? Who knows, it's day 1!

I also took your cop claim at face value. I don't see how that makes me scum.

didn't say it did! however, if i say that i'm copping you tonight, am i going to end up dead as a result?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Grandicap posted:

Oh, it is about the MMT thing, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because it was the only thing I've done this game, but that was like a billion years ago now (actually Friday, but who's counting)

I still think MMT is scummy. Joke or not, he has a high draft choice and is directing lynches away from him.

Also and unrelated, consider me surprised the vig hasn't been used.

MMT uses she/her, Grandi. Also it's a nightvig.

I'd personally much rather get Kumba today than Grandi. This post here is a good example of where my read comes from:

Kumbamontu posted:

am i supposed to not be confused right now because i'm real confused
Kumba made this post while I was in the midst of a nice series of jokephase posts about my package, and I really don't see how it's a townpost. It's a post where he drops in and says nothing, making a big show of being ~so confused, guys~.

• Locked thread