Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm a confused dumb dumb, I guess I'm town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Me too honestly.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

If you can resolve the votefinder broken vote and post a votecount with the deadline, I will give you a boon.

Makesure votefinder isn't listed as alive, make sure they are set to spectator on the votefinder website.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

I'm supposed to have game related thoughts on D1...whaa? I probably should have seen it coming though given it lasts for three days.

I'm leaning towards MT not being scum mainly because I don't think scum would put themselves out in front of the discussion like that on D1. I also don't want to lynch Exakt today because then there'll be nobody awake when I am.

I'm thinking about voting GG right now on the basis of being engaged enough to get a high pick, but not engaged enough to show. Will reread before voting.

Will reread what? I had no content. It's the weekend, and I've been active in other games. I haven't given this one a proper read yet, but I did stare at LBJ's junk for a while trying to see if I could see his package thanks too EXAKT's pic.

Anyhow, I had a high draft pick. I didn't get a message about alignment and was confused until someone explained it. Rereading the OP I realize I'm dumb. I'm just being quiet which isn't a scum tell, although I do apologize for lurking.

I'll read the game and try to make some weak D1 cases.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Seeing as we have a full day and more to make a lynch, can we not rush. I'm not at home and won't be probably for 6 hours more.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Who's rushing? Did you really think we were going to turbo someone or something? What the heck, GG.

Birdstrike posted:

MT are you advocating a no-lynch? I don't quite get your point.

Normally town shouldn't want to rush into night phases as that is where scum do their thing but who knows with the role distribution in this setup.

I'm asking that we don't is all.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

why not? is the voteleader someone you're trying to protect?

It's selfish, but like I said, not at home. It also gives other players a chance to come and talk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The only people who gain anything from a hasty vote are scum, and I think advocating a rush vote where people can jump on easily is in essence scummy. Any how I'll have phone, but I'd personally appreciate it if we could at least give it 12 hours until deadline for the dunk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

sure, but i still don't follow how asking avoiding a turbo is selfish when you're not even close to being vote leader

You're taking it out of context. Step back from your approach of trying to get a reaction and take my words at face value. No hidden motive in them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

i'm just trying to take part in jokephase like everybody else, but i have a serious role: cop.

Why wuold you confess t ocop? I'm durnk I apologize in advance. Or are you just joking, it is joke phase or it was? gently caress. YHou're joking aren't you.

I really don't like MMT here. That non-role won't scum hunt bit seems ridiculous.

Eagerness to lynch lurkers so quickly.

It's just gut feelings at this point, but:

mmt > opop > GPP(diq) or bird.

##vote MMT

Especially so, because I was higher up on the draft and pushing me forward seems like a contradiction of her earlier diqnol vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I could go either way on MMT or Birdstrike. I'm not feeling the cases on Grandicap.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

Real talk though I agree with this post about MT.

It also makes me think Kumbamontu might know about the scum mindset in this game from being one
##vote Kumbamontu

The case for the vote seems bad to me, and is quickly abandoned.

Birdstrike posted:

I'm supposed to have game related thoughts on D1...whaa? I probably should have seen it coming though given it lasts for three days.

I'm leaning towards MT not being scum mainly because I don't think scum would put themselves out in front of the discussion like that on D1. I also don't want to lynch Exakt today because then there'll be nobody awake when I am.

I'm thinking about voting GG right now on the basis of being engaged enough to get a high pick, but not engaged enough to show. Will reread before voting.

Willing to potentially destroy roles with no indication to alignment.

Birdstrike posted:

MT are you advocating a no-lynch? I don't quite get your point.

Normally town shouldn't want to rush into night phases as that is where scum do their thing but who knows with the role distribution in this setup.

noncommittal advocating of a hurried day phase.

Birdstrike posted:

Casing people in d1 weird me out a bit tbh.

Ambiguous statement about personal feelings about casing d1, but has no problem doing it or pushing for lightly explained votes.

##vote Birdstrike

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

GG why did you have opop on your scum shortlist 2 posts ago?

The Player_Name > Player_Name > Player_Name isn't a true suspected scumteam list. It's a suspicion order.

I've reread Opop's posts a few times this morning and even stated previously when drunk that it was a gut feel, but it's mainly that I don't think the case on grandicap is a good one. Understanding MMT was joking seems like a meta read and judging by Grandi's pronoun confusion I'd say that's the case. I legitimately didn't think MMT was joking. Does that make me scum too?

Additionally, even now Opop isn't trying to explain his stance, but that doesn't strike me as unusual from what I've seen of his play.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah I have been thinking that Birdstrike was new and that's why some of those posts were awkward but Votefinder says he's played lots of Auspol mafia which I guess also explains why he's awkward.

I've never played a game with Birdstrike, but even so his reasoning for placing votes, and loose justifications seems less than town-oriented in my opinion.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kumbamontu posted:

This is a lot of words to say that you have no feelings on Grandi's alignment but are voting him anyway

This exactly. His posts hold no conviction based on content and he's tried to push a vote like this more than once.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Any thoughts on scum yuming? You found MMT sincere in joking and Grandi neutral. How do you take Birdstrike, Opop or anyone you might have had suspicion about?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

##vote Kumbamontu

Lock it in.

Any reason why?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

How are you certain?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hey, so deadline is coming up sort of. It's technically Monday morning at 2a so in reality it is tomorrow night open ended. Lets get this show on the road.

##vote Birdstrike

I don't know what it is but there is a quality to his posting that makes me think he's scum.

A light flickers in the darkness

I must ##vote Grandicap...

I must...OBEY.....

##vote Kumbamontu

Lock it in.

All of GPP's votes strike me as scummy. Not because of the candidates, but just because of how they are delivered. Nothing about the votes seem real.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Two of them were non cases/jokes. This last one is me being right. I forgive you, GG.

Well if you have some inside information, how about you let the rest of the class know. Your posts offer no reason to vote them? How are you right?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I don't feel like writing words to explain it so scum can poke holes in the words I construct around my vote. You could even say that I don't feel like arguing right now.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but you: a. have no intentions of playing the game around deadline, but are present and voting on a basis you don't want to disclose or b. you have no basis for your vote, and are playing indifferent to solving the game or c. are scum.

As town, you'd have no reason for not trying to convince other town if you had some damning case against someone, so your case is weak or nonexistent.

Because deadline's close, a lot of obligation votes are made, a very opportunistic time for scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

yuming posted:

I have so many bug bites, I think there was a mosquito in my sleeping bag last night, alas~

I'm sleepy so I will be quick here.

I have a bad ~feeling~ about Kumba as well--

He's sooo certain in his reads and I don't feel like that matches the tone of the game. It's scummy.

##vote Kumba

And GPP or Hal's unexplained reads aren't scummy?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Opopanax posted:

What needs explained? MMT made a clear joke, Grandi lept on it.

It didn't seem all that clear to me. In hindsight I can see it, but at the time I took it as it was.

Kumbamontu posted:

Also, if anyone is way too certain of their read, it's Diqnol. I can't believe you'd pick me for that read out of all people

I asked about this, I doubt I'll hear back about it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

OmegaGoo posted:

As far as I can tell, three factions popped up in response to MMT's initial probe, and they're all leading a lynch on someone right now. Considering my reads, I'm concerned about all three lynches!

The one thing I can say though, is I agree that birdstrike looks worse than Grandi right now. Little Mac and Opo, while not on the chopping block yet, look the most suspicious to me on the followup, which makes me worried about a birdstrike lynch.

You've got 10 minutes to get my vote, otherwise I'm sleeping and I can't change it. (Not an ultimatum strategy, I literally am going to bed in 10 minutes)

Actually, truth be told, I don't like Kumba, but he's actually not on my scum-list right now. I'm "changing" my opinion here because for some reason I thought he had voted Grandi, but I realized I got him mixed up with Opo for some silly reason. I don't like Grandi or Birdstrike.

Birdstrike's posts have been noncommital while still containing votes. In essence, a bunch of words meaning nothing, but still highly effective.

Grandi jumped on an obvious joke and maintained his position for a while. His return has raised his position slightly, but I'm still disliking him.

Explain this logic, still highly effective? Blind voting is not highly effective. It actively demonstrates his intent to not get involved in the game and instead make votes based on next to nothing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

I've generally thought claiming d1 is poor form but y'all are weird so: I am town oracle.

Words I am committed to in a post which doesn't contain a vote.

Anyone going to counter claim?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

I've generally thought claiming d1 is poor form but y'all are weird so: I am town oracle.

Words I am committed to in a post which doesn't contain a vote.

You only have three votes on you, why did you claim? That's a weird reaction.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

No GG, what's weird is being told that the actions one takes on D1 to generate tangible data to be tested - y'know, a voting record, is scummy.

Also, did you not think the rolecop and cop claims which were made without any votes on them were weird? Are you upset that I put a vote on you before?

tangible data to be tested??? Let me setup the algorithm to run the computations so we can test your data. Votes don't inherently have to be scummy, it's how they're placed and the motivation behind them that makes the scummy. In your case you place them with little knowledge or conviction and set up a "D1 cases are weird" comment so you can defer to that instead of trying to explain legitimate scummy actions.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Opopanax posted:

##vote grandi

This is a bad vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Kumba

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Grandicap posted:

No it isn't, I visited Omega last night. It follows.

:psypop:

Why would you confess this?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Grandicap posted:

I assumed Opop was a tracker, maybe a bad assumption. I was not the killer though.

Lol the tracker is dead and yeah I don't think you did, but I'm sorry for not believing in the Kumba kill.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Grandicap posted:

Nope I am super dumb. Omega was the tracker\watcher. So I powerrole claimed for no good reason. Oh, I am a dumb.

Hahahah oh snap

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Little Mac who'd you role cop

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

LM is dead and flipped vanilla, bro.

##vote Kumba should have done this yesterday, smdh

Whoops, I'm dumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kumbamontu posted:

Eh, LM had very little content and had claimed (well, sort of) two different roles. Imagine you're the vig and you see this post:

And this was after LM had already claimed Rolecop. Combine that with how few posts he had, I could see a town vig taking a shot in the dark so to speak. I think Omega was almost certainly the scum NK due to his position on the list.

I want to know why GG disagreed with the cases on me yesterday vehemently, yet he is suddenly the first to vote me today. Start here and read until EOD1. He defended me and even aped my case on Birdstrike, and continually questioned Diqnol (and yuming too) about his hardon for me. What has changed so suddenly?

Honestly, my vote on you is kind of bad and scummy and entirely dependent on the cases I thought were flimsy yesterday. However, your cases were less flimsy than the cases on grandicap, who while playing weird, most like is not scum. However, I'm happy to unvote you for now as there is time for discussion.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I haven't seen anything that has glaringly pinged me as a scumtell, but I do have strong suspicions as to who are likely town players and players who have rubbed me the wrong way with their play so far this game.

Known Town
Ghastly Gangsta - Alive
Birdstrike - Dead - Mislynched (Oracle)
OmegaGoo - Dead - NK'd (Tracker/Watcher): Scum or vig?
Little Mac - Dead - NK'd (Vanilla): Scum or vig?

Likely Town
Grandicap
Murmur Twin

Suspicious
EXAKT Science: The interrogation when I asked for us to not rush the deadline D1 rubbed me the wrong way. This could be a personal read.
Opopanax: I can't infer town motive behind their posts. Agreeing with others or tunneling. I feel strongest about Opop.
Kumba: GPP's claim seems garbage, but enough suspicion was generated to almost get Kumba lynched. Scum bussing? "reluctant" switches to Birdstrike? Seems trange.
Guisseppe Pizzapie: Their non-case is scummy, his unwillingness to explain it is even worse.

The rest of you
Opinions absent or forming.

##vote Opopanax

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
FWIW, I don't think Grandi is scum, but I won't rule out the possibility. His cop claim could be valid, but he could also still be scum. I only hope scum didn't get the cop.

MMT, my case on birdstrike consisted of legitimate opinions and concerns. Just because he flipped town doesn't suddenly render it artificial.

Opop still is a good choice for a vote IMO, but I'd be comfortable switching onto Diqnol because they haven't even attempted at being helpful or up front about their actions and information.

##vote Diqnol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

This was for you btw

Oh thank you, I didn't see it.

Anyhow, I'm not framing it to make you look scummy. You yourself said you didn't want to explain your reason to vote because you said mafia was going to twist your words. Calling you out for your unwillingness is not framing. It's pointing out true action you took in this game.

Also I was firmly on Opop today until reading your most recent posts. I didn't think of you as town during day 1 and didn't even consider you as scum until today. You were suspicious to me D1, but I did not vote for you. I just didn't vote with you.

How's that scummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kumbamontu posted:

this is probably a scum post

You'd be wrong, and you should actually put some effort into the work to find out why or why not.

• Locked thread