Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
This sounds like my kind of thing, sign me up please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Hey I didn't get a pm

Seems town to me!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Votecount for Day 1

Birdstrike (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (14): Birdstrike, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Little Mac, MMM Whatchya Say, Murmur Twin, OmegaGoo, Opopanax, oxidation, yuming

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 29th, 2015 at 1:59 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

:homebrew:?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

DRAFT ORDER posted:

1. Omega
2. MMT
3. Hal
4. MMM
5. GG
6. birdstrike
7. Exact
8. Grandicap
9. LM
10. Opo
11. yuming
12. Kumba
13. Oxidation
14. Diqnol

##vote Diqnol

If you think about it, the people on the bottom of the draft order are fundamentally less likely to contribute to hunting scum as those of us at the top, and we can't afford to take out people with useful skills. I know that might seem unfair to those at the bottom, but hey - if they don't like it they should have picked better numbers.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OmegaGoo posted:

Would it be inappropriate for a new person to SA Mafia (but not mafia in general) to sign up for this game?

If it's not inappropriate (double negatives!), I'd like to play.

I just remembered you're new to SA Mafia so just FYI Diqnol = GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OmegaGoo posted:

Eh, it really depends on what people are used to doing or how they play more than what role they have. I do agree losing power roles is a bitch, but vanillas can scumhunt just as well.

So I won't think REALLY hard on it, but I will consider it.

We're fighting a War on Scum, people. Can we really afford to coddle these Vanilla Towns while hard-working people with skills are murdered?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Targeting me seems...lazy. Very lazy.

What do you call leeching information and protection off of those of us who studied hard during the number selection phase? :colbert:

It's almost like her thought is so absurd that it must be an attempt to jumpstart conversation...

I'm just asking questions. :foxnews:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

VTs are the hardworking folk that form the backbone of this town

i'm starting to get uncomfortable with the idea that people might think I actually think like this, I assure you I'm just roleplaying Bad Conservative Stereotype

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MMT I got the conservative thing after your initial post but I'm still a bit concerned that the first post was maybe a bit real

Grandicap posted:

Unpopular opinion, better back off quickly...

##vote MMT

To be clear, you guys are saying you think that was an honest attempt to get Diqnol lynched?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Well, they (and I) probably expected there to be an argument levied against people low on the list, just perhaps as a part of a later case or defense. That you came out of the gate like that is troubling, troubling indeed. It's not that you were trying to hang me per se but rather that you seemed to be forcing the idea so hard that it seems more like you're scum who isn't too good at the early game jokiness.

I do think there is a certain amount of strategy in realizing that people near the top of the list are more likely to be PRs than people near the bottom. I just feel like (a) that's obvious and (b) it shouldn't be the sole determining factor in who we vote lynch right at the beginning of D1 when there are better things to look for. For example,

Grandicap posted:

Unpopular opinion, better back off quickly...

##vote MMT

This looks like scum throwing in a bandwagon vote to me. ##vote Grandicap

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

This is the initial post. There was a list in here but nested quotes are sucky.
I do not see this as setting up a joke, it is a policy vote on a newly instituted policy. This is laying the foundation to vote people lower on the list with less scrutiny. If he knows his scumbuddies are higher on the list it allows him the ability to sway the lynch towards these people without the explicit tie to them. It is scummy at the outset.
On top of that, as soon as people start calling him out on it he backs off, hard, with it was just a joke, lol. Conservatives.
He is backing off of the unpopular opinion because it is too hot for him.
He is scum.

(she)

Murmur Twin posted:

If you think about it, the people on the bottom of the draft order are fundamentally less likely to contribute to hunting scum as those of us at the top, and we can't afford to take out people with useful skills. I know that might seem unfair to those at the bottom, but hey - if they don't like it they should have picked better numbers.

I'm honestly curious how people can read that second sentence and think I was trying to be serious.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

All good :j:

Just so people think I'm not dodging this discussion, I have to work for a little while (real-life work, not "lol class warfare" work) so probably won't be back until later this afternoon.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I disagree with Poe's Law. I think MT was transparently pretending. The question is why?

Kumbamontu posted:

The thing I'm finding difficult to reconcile in my head is that MT is a very good player and I don't see her shooting herself in the foot like this. What scum player writes that post and then actually posts it after reading it over

At the risk of looking argumentative, I don't really see my original vote on Diqnol as shooting myself in the foot. It was the first "case" on D1 which almost never actually leads to anyone getting lynched, and I wanted there to be game stuff for people to react to since I prefer Mafia to Jokepase. Given that it doesn't seem like much seemed to happen gamewise while I was out yesterday, I would argue that it was the right thing to do.

I should be around most of this weekend - my car broke down last night so I'm not trying to do much :froggonk:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

The thing I'm finding difficult to reconcile in my head is that MT is a very good player and I don't see her shooting herself in the foot like this.

Kumbamontu posted:

I like the cut of MMM's jib.

Kumbamontu posted:

[Diqnol] says my thoughts better than i could have said them

Kumba is pinging me at null-lean-scum - nothing solid, but it feels like he could be trying to dodge suspicion by buddying up to people.

Kumba - who do you find most suspicious at the moment and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Little Mac posted:

What is the best politician to be if you are a rolecop? That is the politician I will be.

Who do you plan on :airquote: rolecopping :airquote: tonight?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

i do have to say though reading the right-wing tears on my facebook today has been glorious

Hah, the flavor of this game should be that the scum are trying to keep gay marriage illegal. :gifttank: :rory: :glomp:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sorry about your car MT

If you have yet to place a vote, please name two people you think you could vote for and then vote for one of them! If you have a vote down, please explain it as best you can. I'd like EVERYONE to comment on Murmur Twin.

Right now I'm fine keeping my vote on Grandi because his vote on me felt bandwagon-y - I fully acknowledge that it's a weak D1 read. Little Mac is suspicious to me, because he's gone out of his way to post/read the game but hasn't made any cases yet. I can make an exception for yuming because it's a weekend D1 and she let us know she's out.

I'll take this time to point out GG and Oxidation, neither of whom have posted anything game-relevant yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel that town needs to maximize two things to win: numbers and information. What are the ramifications of a no-lynch?

Each night:

- the cop might find a scum
- the dramatic bodyguard might stop the kill, which basically outs a scum
- the rolecop and watcher/tracker can get information to prevent scum from lying
- if the doctor stops a kill, we get a round of investigations with no loss of numbers and whoever the doctor targetted is likely scum
- hastener and vig can probably wait on their abilities to make a more informed decision on N2 (or not?)

Is it possible that going straight to night phase and just keeping numbers high is the correct thing to do here? Assuming a random distribution of scum, I feel like the odds are in favor of town holding most of the PRs (most of which are more pro-town than pro-scum anyways) - it might be worth taking advantage of that.

:siren: I am not saying that I necessarily think it is the right play, only that I think there is merit in discussing it. Feel free to case me over this if you don't want to engage in setup spec :siren:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

MMT may have been joking, but she also backed away from it in a bit of a scrambling defense rather than just say "I was joking" which would be the more natural reaction. She's also advanced some other ideas that seem questionable and not really designed to find scum. I would vote her as well.

To be fair, a lot of my motivation in posting the "should we no lynch?" thing a way for people who said they had no reads to contribute to the conversation (by either critiquing my logic or casing me). I was aware that "never no lynch" is the common wisdom when I brought it up.

OmegaGoo posted:

Well, here's the thing, the difference between D1 and D2 is one person dies and SOME people have more information. Who knows if they're going to share that information?

While town lynches suck, reducing numbers might still help...

I find it really hard to explain my logic in a concise way - sometimes my thought processes are kind of convoluted (:350:) and I feel like it's more of a tangent at this point. Here's one more stab at it and then I'll move on to casing people.

(a) the number of turns we have left before the game ends is determined by the players in the game. For example, if we ignore abilities for a second and no-lynched every day, we'd have 8 night phases (but would lose because we'd never lynch scum)
(b) if we no-lynch today, there is a possibility that we will have the same number of turns before the game ends (since we're starting with an even number of players and there are protective roles)
(c) the probability of our votes hitting scum is determined by the amount of information we have (the results of night action results)

So my thinking was that a no-lynch could represent information (c) without a disadvantage (b) - again, it's not that I was sure that's correct, it's more that I didn't see a reason not to pitch it in an otherwise quiet game.

I'm looking over other people now but it's really hard to justify moving my vote off of Grandi since he hasn't replied to anything since I voted for him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Why wuold you confess t ocop? I'm durnk I apologize in advance. Or are you just joking, it is joke phase or it was? gently caress. YHou're joking aren't you.

I really don't like MMT here. That non-role won't scum hunt bit seems ridiculous.

Eagerness to lynch lurkers so quickly.

It's just gut feelings at this point, but:

mmt > opop > GPP(diq) or bird.

##vote MMT

Especially so, because I was higher up on the draft and pushing me forward seems like a contradiction of her earlier diqnol vote.

I have to give GG some leeway on this since he was drunk but

Murmur Twin posted:

Right now I'm fine keeping my vote on Grandi because his vote on me felt bandwagon-y - I fully acknowledge that it's a weak D1 read. Little Mac is suspicious to me, because he's gone out of his way to post/read the game but hasn't made any cases yet. I can make an exception for yuming because it's a weekend D1 and she let us know she's out.

I'll take this time to point out GG and Oxidation, neither of whom have posted anything game-relevant yet.

Is literally the only post I made that had anything to do with lurkers, and it was a factual statement (he hadn't made any game posts yet at the time), not a case or attempt to get him dunked. And the Diqnol vote, as mentioned before, was a tongue-in-cheek vote that was the first "case" in the game.

I'm getting scum vibes from GG because his reaction to my posting seems overly defensive, and the contradiction he claims to have caught me in feels fabricated.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Iirc mmts meta is that she says wrong things as town and right things as scum

:eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

MMT may have been joking, but she also backed away from it in a bit of a scrambling defense rather than just say "I was joking" which would be the more natural reaction. She's also advanced some other ideas that seem questionable and not really designed to find scum. I would vote her as well.

As mentioned before, I thought the tongue-in-cheekiness spelled itself out in my second sentence. Please don't make me rely on "my jokes aren't funny" as a defense :smith:

Kumbamontu posted:

tl;dr Bird's first two reads are town reads, the two that follow are made on a really bad premise that I don't see coming from someone that is actually approaching the game as town, and their last read is just lazy. I think Bird is scum making things up trying to fit in. ##vote birdstrike

I agree with these points. Bird - is GG still your strongest read?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'll be around for the next few hours.

Little Mac posted:

If I told you that, I'd have to "vig" you.

Do you have any thoughts on who "scum" might be?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Oh, it is about the MMT thing, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because it was the only thing I've done this game, but that was like a billion years ago now (actually Friday, but who's counting)

I still think MMT is scummy. Joke or not, he has a high draft choice and is directing lynches away from him.

Also and unrelated, consider me surprised the vig hasn't been used.

When you say "I still think MMT is scummy", is this a result of you re-reading the game looking for scum? Do you have opinions on anything that happened since Friday?

Also, the vig is a night action.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ahhh I missed a few posts that occurred before I posted that.

Kumbamontu posted:

anyway i'm going to bed soon and i think we should all vote birdstrike instead, but i will switch to Grandi before sleeping if that doesn't happen.

Unless there is a very compelling case I'm staying on Grandicap. I don't think he's scumhunting and I think his reads on me are an attempt to keep up appearances.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

While we're here talking about ~mafia~ and not just posting pictures of our Johnsons, did anyone else notice that the Oracle role would be almost a Governor power if the scum have it?

Birdstrike posted:

I've generally thought claiming d1 is poor form but y'all are weird so: I am town oracle.

Words I am committed to in a post which doesn't contain a vote.

Birdstrike posted:

You can vote for me if you want, I just hope that you'll recognise some of the logic in my position regarding d1 when I flip town. The main thing I guess is that scum don't have their governor role.

It doesn't seem like Grandi is going to be lynched, and of the vote leaders Birdstike feels more suspicious to me than Kumba. It feels weird that he brought up how good a Scum Oracle would be, and then revealed that he is the Oracle.

##vote Birdstike - on that note, I'm going to bed for the night.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

##vote grandi

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is a bad vote.

Grandicap posted:

No it isn't, I visited Omega last night. It follows.

I might have believed this was an honest mistake, but the reaction that followed:

Grandicap posted:

Nope I am super dumb. Omega was the tracker\watcher. So I powerrole claimed for no good reason. Oh, I am a dumb.

--

Hi Scum, please ignore that I just powerrole claimed. It's totally in your best interest to keep me alive. Trust me.

--

Super surprised the top draft pick didn't get a doc protect though? Scum doc maybe?

sounds faked. He goes from "I made a mistake" to "I was lying" to "change the subject". He's still my top scum pick ##vote Grandicap

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm pretty impressed we voted out the claimed town oracle on his first non auspol game yeah

I fell asleep early Sunday night and when I woke up it seemed firmly between Birdstrike and Kumba. I stand by the fact that he opened with "have you guys noticed that an Oracle would be really good for scum?" was suspicious enough to warrant a vote there - that said, he (and Omega) seem nice and I hope they play games with us :)

Kumbamontu posted:

I think Omega was almost certainly the scum NK due to his position on the list.

:(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I don't know why I bolded that second quote, that wasn't intentional.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Tbh idk what the kumba case is other than "kumba is always vaguely scummy" but the birdstrike case is like "get these Australians out of ARE THREADS" so it's the lesser of two evils here.

I explained my reason for Birdstrike and it had nothing to do with his being Australian. I didn't actually remember that when I made my vote.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm pretty impressed we voted out the claimed town oracle on his first non auspol game yeah

He claimed oracle, after having talked about how good of a role that would be for scum.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also way to go scum on killing omegagoo n1 on his first forum game

This post (along with the other two) have a vibe of "trying too hard to sound town" to me.

MMM - who's your biggest scum read so far and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

But back to the main point of this post. MMT, I don't understand where you think I am faking anything. I can understand my reaction to the vote (and announcing that I visited a kill target) is scummy. But not the stuff around it. I don't see your thought process around it and it makes me concerned.

I'm questioning your tone more than your motivation. I think the best example of it is

quote:

Hi Scum, please ignore that I just powerrole claimed. It's totally in your best interest to keep me alive. Trust me.

Similar to what I said regarding MMM, it sounds to me like scum trying to sound town more than something town would actually say.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I don't know why I sign up for mafia games anymore

Because they're fun? :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

No I'll answer it indirectly a bit later

I'm going to assume you're going somewhere with this and wait until later, I guess? Speaking of which:

yuming posted:

Good evening dears :sun: I don't really remember D1 I was so exhausted I am going to reread this game day.

How's it looking so far?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Now this is silly because I got on you yesterday about a joke that I didn't take jokingly, and now the tables have turned.

Hah, didn't even think of that :)

##unvote - I still have an eye on Grandi but I feel like we have plenty more people who need to weigh in.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm suspicious of EXAKT.

EXAKT Science posted:

Kumba made this post while I was in the midst of a nice series of jokephase posts about my package, and I really don't see how it's a townpost. It's a post where he drops in and says nothing, making a big show of being ~so confused, guys~.

------

kumba was the other voteleader yesterday, the other was a claimed town orcale. the town oracle got killed and that was a mistake.

kumba has been making fake-feeling empty posts the entire game, and they're full of reasoning that reeks of coming from a scum perspective. he was the one who led the switch to bird yesterday, and he's given me no reason to trust him.

-----

kumba's vote is bad because it is justified by a garbageload of nonsense.

EXAKT's main point on Kumba, from my understanding, is that Kumba's case on Birdstrike was fabricated. That hadn't been my impression of Kumba, so I looked him over. Here is the case that came with the vote on Bird:

Birdstrike posted:

I'm supposed to have game related thoughts on D1...whaa? I probably should have seen it coming though given it lasts for three days.

I'm leaning towards MT not being scum mainly because I don't think scum would put themselves out in front of the discussion like that on D1. I also don't want to lynch Exakt today because then there'll be nobody awake when I am.

I'm thinking about voting GG right now on the basis of being engaged enough to get a high pick, but not engaged enough to show. Will reread before voting.

Kumbamontu posted:

tl;dr Bird's first two reads are town reads, the two that follow are made on a really bad premise that I don't see coming from someone that is actually approaching the game as town, and their last read is just lazy. I think Bird is scum making things up trying to fit in. ##vote birdstrike

Is it the best case in the world? No, it's day one. But is it "garbage justified by nonsense"? I think town-reads are one of the most consistent scum tells, especially from newer scum, since they're a way to present a stance without telling a lie. Obviously he was incorrect, but "incorrect" doesn't necessarily mean "scummy".

So going back to EXAKT's post where he quotes the votes on Bird:

EXAKT Science posted:

kumba's vote is bad because it is justified by a garbageload of nonsense.

omega and little mac made bad votes, but they are dead and flipped town.

of opop/mmt, opop's vote is much worse because of the way it latches on to mmt's vote without any original thought

hal's vote is bad because it was the hammer and his "alright then" feels tacked on and fake to me.

Kumbamontu posted:

Also I would like everyone to take note of the fact that Exakt literally just quoted 8 votes and threw soft suspicion on 6 of them. Here's an important part: myself and GG are both in this list of votes. If you look at the cases that both myself and GG presented on Birdstrike, you'll notice that they very similar in nature. Yet, somehow my vote is justified by "a garbageload of nonsense", and GG's vote wasn't even worth mentioning. Can you tell me why exactly my vote was scummy but GG's wasn't?

I think Kumba's point here is valid, and EXAKT has since posted without acknowledging it.

EXAKT - why wasn't GG mentioned in your list? His case (linked here) doesn't seem any more genuine than Kumba's to me. If it was just an honest mistake, what is your read on GG?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

[Grandicap's] thing on MMT seems false or like someone not paying attention, and it feels like he panicked today on my vote

Who is your second-strongest lead for scum, and why?

I've had Opop as a town read for most of the game since it felt like we've been on the same page, but after a reread I feel like we're on the same page to the point where I find it suspicious.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Oh, ok, I can see that. To me it was a tongue in cheek thing to tell scum not to kill me because I powerroleclaimed. Basically I'm pretty much resigned to my fate now though. I could have added a winky face.

---

Are you ignoring the context of what was happening. I started off checking votefinder, seeing I was a vote leader and realizing that that is a bad thing because I don't want to get voted off. I went to the other viable candidate who I wasn't really feeling, but at the time it was a not me candidate so I put a vote there.
Then people started talking about willingness to vote Birdstrike, this seemed like a better vote to me than Kumba, because I thought Kumba was a bad vote, so I vote there.
Self Preservation was the first instinct, second was to rank the choices of the not me variety. At first it was me or Kumba, self preservation was the overriding concern here, so I voted Kumba. Then winds shifted and the options were me\Kumba or birdstrike. The new option was still not me and IMO a better choice than Kumba.

These posts speak to being more focused on staying alive than hunting scum.

Grandicap posted:

---

Ah, but if I'm a likely doc\bodyguard target, then scum won't risk a kill on me, which means I'm a bad doc\bodyguard target and they should use their protections elsewhere, but that would leave me vulnerable and a good kill target again. But then the doc would know that the scum knows that and would target me again.

These posts speak to trying to preemptively justify not being the NK target despite claiming a PR.

Grandicap posted:

I have not claimed my role. Is there any reason for me to do so? I have no usable results because the only target I had is dead. Scum not knowing is a good thing. Maybe I am a cop, maybe a rolecop, maybe a hastener, Obviously not a doc or a bodyguard because my target is dead. But knowing which of them I am only helps scum.

One reason to not claim would be if you're scum vanilla who did the kill last night (hence the defensiveness when Opop voted) and are afraid to claim a role that someone else has, lest you be caught in a lie down the road.

##vote Grandicap - more people have posted and I still have Grandi as my strongest scum read.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hi all - I'm hoping we can avoid waiting until 2am tonight to come to a consensus? I've been going through some real-life stuff this week (turns out it's difficult to buy a car without money, free time, or another car) and can't necessarily guarantee I will be around tonight.

oxidation posted:

What about it seems scummy to you?

I'd be willing to vote Grandi. The cop roleclaim is definitely a last ditch 'please dont lynch me' move, and if he's not cop I doubt the real cop is gonna step forward and expose themselves. It's a really safe move on his part considering the hole he dug himself into by claiming a powerrole right at the start of D2. Then again, a part of me feels like he's a townie in a really unfortunate situation -- but that part of me is smaller than the part that think he's a scum panicking for a way to survive.

This vote definitely isn't set in stone.

##vote Grandicap

At the risk of blowing up your spot, is this a counterclaim? :raise:

EXAKT Science posted:

whoa scumpost

What made you say/think this? And what is your opinion on GG this game?

##vote EXAKT - I'm willing to give Grandi the benefit of the doubt (although I am curious to hear more from Oxi) and feel like EXAKT has been unusually non-inquisitive this game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I was reading things over and really wanted to believe MMT was scum but I actually just cannot wrap it into reality for myself. I'll be back with an opop read.

---

Ah yes.

Opop is very scummy. He is the scum to kill. ##vote opop

---

Perhaps people need a case (a little weird to demand imo)

Here it is:

Opop has been faking not great opinions. His case on grandi is forced and reformed while his apparent following of MMT is questionable.

Is this still your strongest read? Any interest in expounding on your ~feelings~ on me/Hal?

Much like with EXAKT, I feel like a town MMM would have more interest in either (a) verifying his reads are correct through questioning things or (b) trying to convince other people that he's correct. Right now his cases give me the impression of "for appearances sake" instead of being what he believes - it seems weird to question why we would want to hear thought processes behind his votes, because (in my mind) that's how scum is found.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

oxidation posted:

I am not counterclaiming. I am a vanilla townie.

Why the sudden flipflop MMT? The double quoting doesn't fully work, but you went from 'GG is my strongest scum read' to 'I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.':

What details in particular made you lose faith in your grandi read?

It was that he claimed cop and wasn't counterclaimed. This makes me assume he's telling the truth about being a cop. Note that I genuinely thought there was a possibility that you were trying to call out Grandi for lying (based on your vote) while trying to dodge a target :)

If he's town, lynching him would be a huge loss, from two perspectives, (a) making scum have to WIFOM against the doctor/bodyguard regarding killing him, and (b) potentially sharing useful investigation results. If he's scum, then there are two other scum out there that we're capable of finding.

It's not that I think he's town so much as I think it's worth waiting until there's more information.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Grandi is afraid. He is scum and he knows Diqnol is much less lazy than me and might actually get some momentum going

Opopanax posted:

He's desperate and knows he's caught. He either gets the cop to counter claim and then they know who it is, rides the claim out, or hell maybe he's scum cop.

Are you not the least bit concerned about what happens if you're wrong and he's town cop? I can see a world where you're right, but I don't think the risk is worth the reward.

Opopanax posted:

GG but it relies on Grandi flipping scum

Go into more detail on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hi folks! Apologies for my not being around yesterday, this week has been pretty hectic for me. I've set aside later this afternoon to reread the game, but in the meantime:

Grandicap posted:

I exists and want to comment on things, post things so I can comment on them.

I'm suspicious of two things regarding Grandi - (a) his claiming cop was the result of him "accidentally" revealing information and being questioned from it and (b) he wasn't the kill target last night. If he is a scum cop, that's a perfect way to divert our protective roles while making us not want to lynch him.

Grandi - who is your biggest suspect and why? Why did you target MMM?

• Locked thread