Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
YES. :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Propaganda Machine posted:

Actually, Battlestar: Mafia isn't a half bad idea. Maybe I'll do that after this.

Flavor works pretty well.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
My flavor/role does not include my fake idol play. :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Propaganda Machine posted:

We surveyed 100 goons and asked:

What was the worst challenge in Awful Survivor history?

Do you think the Feud Challenge was bad? I thought it was fun to watch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
King Burgundy, after taking a survey of one participant, I have a series of questions for you.

Name a famous person named "Jane"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jane Jane. Survey says:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

imgay posted:

bs, you never said surname

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jane Fonda huh. Not a bad guess.

One more miss and I'll give one of the Australian games a chance to steal.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

My other guess was Doe. Although I like Fast Lucks guess of Austen too.

Jane Doe. I like it. Wish I had thought of it.

It was Jane Lynch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUwDRGIZBM

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So what's the deadline here? We should get started.

##vote Hiipfire

He's just going to be AFK all game anyway.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The game just started last night. Some people have to work, you know.

Hiipfire consistently doesn't show up past day 1 other than white noise to say he's still here. It's a policy lynch at this point.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's only Day 1 and Day 1s are terrible. I say make the deadline Saturday night and then we can start Day 2 at the beginning of Monday with a round of night actions to discuss.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, basically "let's turbo somebody and pretend D2 is D1"?

Frankly I prefer a Night 0.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you still thinking Hiip? If he's out of school, that's a pretty good reason to give him the benefit of the doubt on being here for this game, right?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I like this game. Super :chillpill:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I don't think watching Taste be crazy and order people around is going to work for me this game.

##vote Taste

I think Taste is the best thing since sliced bread.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

I think the word bullying is pretty loaded these days. Maybe you should have said "strongarming" and it would've gone over better. Either way, I'm feeling like both TT and KB are town at this point. If they were both scum though it would be some pretty hilarious busing.

I'm going to ##vote Met... My reasoning isn't that strong but during the Awful Survivor game he was really protective and supportive of Hiip to the point it may have been detrimental to his game, so trying to policy vote Hiip off the bat seems out of character.

Hiip was a teammate and a valuable vote in Survivor. Go check out my Mafia games with him. Very different.

Also can't I sleep until 1pm without umteen thousand new posts in the thread? Since when were Saturday mornings popular posting times?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
At least TT is here. We're still missing participation from quite a few people.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
When did it become Taste vs Me?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, bitching about Taste aside, TMMadman is really giving off vibes like they're trying too hard to fit in with joke phase. Their first joke vote didn't get any responses, so they used the same punchline on another vote.

I'd think if there was a town newbie who was trying very hard to fit in, they'd just drop the joke, or try something else attention getting. Using the same joke vote twice strikes me a lot more like newbie scum trying too hard to LOOK like newbie town trying to fit in, but at the same time, trying to test the waters and find a vote that people will get behind.

I don't think it's just being goofy and it's definitely not scum hunting, so I have to assume it's something much more suspicious.

##vote TMMadman

:stare:

That's not a good reason to vote someone.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why, Jato? :gonk:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

Maybe I'm just fluffing up what's ultimately a gut read, but it's a really strong gut read. Something about the posts feels fake. "HAHAHA, ISN'T JOKEPHASE FUN? LET'S ALL MAKE JOKEVOTES".

:shrug:

To a new guy!

##vote Poison Mushroom

But this doesn't mean I don't enjoy having you in Mafia games again. Please play more. :)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

this is the greatest play i've ever seen in my life eat poo poo anonnarc

Whoa man, is that necessary? Ease up.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DaisyDanger posted:

There are more town than scum, yes? So aren't we more likely to kill off a town right now? D1 lynch doesn't make much sense to me.

Day 1 is the sacrifice of a probable-Townie in order to see how people react to it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Eight Dollars posted:

Same question for the others who are voting him. King Burgundy at least basically says it's because imgay had votes and he didn't want to vote PMush.

Which is refreshingly honest.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Allen Wren posted:

They might have been doctored or blocked, or the kill we saw might be the SK, with the scum getting blocked or doctored, or even some third option. There's a lot of possibilities.

With the Mafia having multiple people, I expect at least one of them was able to show up to make the nightkill. So I assume the SK failed to kill last night for whatever reason. The SK might even have missed the night phase entirely. 12 hours is pretty short night phase especially when it goes overnight.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

Who cares about the claim/believing it, they're just actively shitposting and not playing in any useful way. the self-imposed PR is not great either!!

##vote exakt

(:glomp: <3 EXAKT, but you're making the game worse here)

He just got in and is having his own little jokephase... and you're jumping on him for it?

##vote Pinterest Mom

It's just a little too easy at this point and it really comes off as policy lynching on day 2 when there are other people worth considering. I think you're my best candidate for scum based on that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I lean imgay too but I really think Pinterest is the better option at this point.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
On Day 1. It's no longer Day 1 and other people look plenty bad but you guys are jumping on someone who called someone out for making a bad vote and pretending that a vote for a bad vote is a bad vote.

I'm confident my vote is on a solid target now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TMMadman posted:

It strikes me as really weird that every time someone votes for either PMom or Taste, the other one comes in and says, "That's a bad vote."

Funny how that works.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This is exactly how you played in TNG mafia where you were scum. Spam heavily, call everyone terrible. You act like you're jesting by calling yourself his scum buddy but I have a good hunch it's the case.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Wrap it up guys. Taste just confirmed himself as town right there. :rolleyes:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tremendous Taste posted:

Nobody thought I was scum to begin with

Go ahead and keep announcing no one thinks your scum. Maybe you might confuse people into thinking that.

You lose your goddamned mind when called out, you know.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

You lose your goddamned mind when called out, you know.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Pinterest Mom can wait, because oh my god can we play poker sometime?.

##vote Tremendous Taste

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tremendous Taste posted:

Note that not only is Met making poo poo up, he's not even going to try to support it whatsoever when mildly invited

I don't need to. I suggested it's wild you and Pinterest always back each other up this game and Pinterest makes bad cases and you lost your mind and quadriple posted often, made more posts than everyone else combined since then (19 vs 13) and assured everyone that none of them think you are scum.

I don't need to support it. You do a fine job of doing that yourself.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You're missing my point. Slow down for just a minute and work through it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't really have time to sit here for the next 5 hours spamming the thread with fluff like you're capable of, so go ahead and have the last word if you want it.

Your excessive posting is distracting and intentionally misleading. You can scream that no one thinks you're scum as loudly as possible and some people might get confused and think that's the case. I just hope people figure it out before more townies are lynched and more people who disagree with you are nightkilled.

For those who need a refresher of how Taste plays when he's scum, go check out TNG Mafia. The dozens and dozens of pages of fluff he posts is quite the spectacle when he's trying to confuse people into making poor decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tremendous Taste posted:

Met, I just want you to make one post. Either quote people other than yourself calling me scum, or even scummy. Or admit you aren't reading.That's all.

You don't even have to do it now!
I'll give you all day to do it. I won't even mention you again, as long as you agree to make the post.

Just pretend I post this in reply to all your future posts and you can save yourself the trouble:

Met posted:

Your excessive posting is distracting and intentionally misleading. You can scream that no one thinks you're scum as loudly as possible and some people might get confused and think that's the case. I just hope people figure it out before more townies are lynched and more people who disagree with you are nightkilled.

For those who need a refresher of how Taste plays when he's scum, go check out TNG Mafia. The dozens and dozens of pages of fluff he posts is quite the spectacle when he's trying to confuse people into making poor decisions.

But we both know your ultimate goal is to confuse. If you spam something enough, people just might think it's true.

• Locked thread