Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm in. I've never played forum Mafia but I have played real life werewolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ᕦ(_ˇ)ᕤ

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

(。-‿ ◕。)/

##vote TT

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sexy aren't the bad guys! New bad guys have infiltrated: (。-‿ ◕。)/

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

yo garth fyi you gotta bold your votes like so (##vote imgay) for them to be seen by our robotic overlord votefinder

Yeah, I forgot when I posted, but didn't worry about it because it was mostly a joke vote.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

We surveyed 100 goons and asked:

What was the worst challenge in Awful Survivor history?

Awful Match Game

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Eight Dollars posted:

I am gonna try to tan and watch Masterchef while eating popsicles all tomorrow so do not fear the Saturday.

Masterchef US or one of the other countries?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

That's what I've been thinking as well.
##vote Imgay

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I still don't know how to play internet mafia. I hadn't really gotten a good read on anyone, so I made a vote on Imgay to see if it pulls him towards more productive posting, figuring if it didn't and he got killed it wouldn't be a huge loss.

Now, however, I'm leaning towards Poison, but I still don't really know.

##unvote

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rereading everything, Poison comes off super-scattershot with the reasonings. Almost every post contains some argument that doesn't quite make sense to me.

##vote Poison

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I can't speak from previous games, but in this game something seems weird from Poison.

I agree that it doesn't feel like it would be a strong scum play, but it certainly doesn't seem like it supports town.

Maybe she got caught in a bad early argument and she is spiraling until she finds an argument that people buy?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Well gently caress. That actually seems reasonable.
##unvote

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DaisyDanger posted:

There are more town than scum, yes? So aren't we more likely to kill off a town right now? D1 lynch doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah, but town can't win without lynching. D1 no lynch I think is net negative for the town overall in games without a bunch of powers.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I no longer think Pmush is scum, but any lynch is better than no lynch.

Does anyone have an actual better target?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, me too.

##vote Poison

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't know anything. I think Taste seems town to me, but other than that I'm almost completely lost.

There was only one night kill, does that suggest no SK?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Right now my strongest reads are TMMadman for town and Imgay for scum.

I feel stronger about my read on Madman than my read on Imgay.
I don't like Imgay's vote on Prop Mach and think it shows a wilful ignorance of how his posting has come across.

I think Taste, Prop Mach, and FastLuck are town, but could be convinced otherwise.

Everyone else I can't get a strong read on.

For now at least,
##vote Imgay

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I could see Pinterest.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rereading the Taste Met fight, I think part of what happened was they were arguing past each other.

Met posted that Taste was acting suspiciously in lock-step with PMom and when Taste countered that, Met sarcastically claimed that Taste was confirmed town.

Taste seemed to take that response as if other people had thought Taste was scum and asked Met to back up his opinion.

Met read those posts as confirming Taste as scum and saw no reason to directly engage.

Finally, Taste saw Met's lack of response as falling back on a failed attack and so pushed harder.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't think anyone is asking for you to quit, Taste.

You mentioned that Met's strategy is to personally attack people, was that stated in one of his previous games? I didn't see him claim it when I quickly looked through his posts this game.

That may be what has colored other player's reads on your posts.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I think Met's play in previous games must have influenced Taste's response.

I couldn't make sense of Taste's aggression as a new player.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

While I think Taste's argument against Met was a misreading of Met's point. I do agree that a lynch on Taste or PMom is probably incorrect right now.

I don't however have a good read on anyone else. The most suspicious thing I've seen other than the Taste-Met fight is the Imgay-ANarc stuff from D1.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

The problem I have with your claim is that there seemed to be no momentum for the potential mis-lynch that you were trying to avoid. However, your posting style has been mentioned by a bunch of the newbies as feeling suspicious and you have made no attempt to assuage their concerns at all. I feel a mis-lynch of you or PMom (assuming you are both town) is now more likely than it was before your argument with Met.

Why wouldn't you have held off the claim until more people seemed persuaded by Met and Madman?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

If Taste is telling the truth, I think Narc or Imgay is scum.

More on Narc since she seems so convinced that you are lying, but hasn't given a reason why.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I agree that Met doesn't come off as scum to me.

I think both Met and Taste thought they had caught the other and then started arguing past each other.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I agree that there is no harm in naming who you think is suspicious as town.

This isn't like Survivor where you can only win alone. Town win is town win regardless of whether or not you're still alive.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think the question is dumb because as far as I am concerned, it is based on a false premise ie you telling the truth.

The premise being bad, doesn't mean the information gained from it isn't valuable.

##vote ANarc

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I've played real life before, but this is my first forum game.

Also, I don't normally post a whole lot in anything I do.

I've tried to be a little better about it today.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Honestly, I believe Narc's claim over Taste's. Her claim is consistent with her posting and I still don't buy Taste's reasoning for when he role-claimed.

##vote Taste

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's quite a switch g

Something has rubbed me the wrong way about you since D2 began, but I couldn't put my finger on it. PMom's serial killer theory makes sense to me. It was why you didn't ping as untruthful knowing PMom had no night action, but makes more sense than your role claim being the complete truth.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Amended: I expect apologies via pm.

I will certainly apologize to you, if you flip town tracker.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm still reading the thread, but I feel Taste's posts come off as last resort and don't make me think he's not scum.

But I'm terrible at reading people through text, so I dunno. :shrug:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Narc doesn't come off as desperate to me, she comes off as annoyed with your style and just wanting the day to be over.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Well, to you, maybe not. To people in the know, she's spazzing and was rightly pulled

Could be. We'll hopefully find out when the others put their votes in, one way or the other.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ANarc still strikes me as being sincere. But I have no clue now who's lying.

If I assume Narc is telling the truth that makes Imgay likely town.

This game has felt very weird to me the whole way through.
Could there be no scum other than a SK?
Anarc's action could have been foiled by a second jailer?

It's probably nonsense, but I felt I had to share the feeling.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Who'd you try to track Narc?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Allen Wren posted:

Oh, fair enough, then.

Weirdly, I'm more inclined to believe Anon's roleclaim after taste's, for this reason - one tracker is basic, two trackers becomes confusing design, but three trackers becomes ~ a theme ~.

Does that mean you think most of the roles are in threes?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think Exact makes a good point. I understand your vote on Narc D1. But you stated you thought Taste was town, but you didn't seem to try very hard to push a case anywhere else.

I don't have his problem with your flavor spec posts, though.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, this thing where someone avoids really reasonable questions because they claim the questioner is scum makes no sense to me.

I think Exact may have forced Madman into a corner.

##vote Madman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Hey Madman,

what information did you get from hammering Taste, and what does it make you want to do today? who do you think is a scum as a result? who would you vote as a result of taste's flip?

• Locked thread