Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's true, I'm going to sign up tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjU9xon4rU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm, I will sign up for this game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hello all. Yes Battleship is the answer. Wow this seems like a pretty open game seeing as the role post has like a dozen roles in it. In a game of 17 are we looking at like 5 scum or something?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Don't do that

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I've probably asked how many scum there should be in all my previous games which is like 4 or so and I've been town in all of them! I like to have an estimate of how many scum there likely are

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The number of 3ps I think has gotta be 0 or 1 since the only third party role listed is serial killer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Feud is cool, that's why KB asked to play Feud in this thread.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Austen
Fonda

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

King Burgundy posted:

His biggest challenge was properly managing who went with him. ;)
Was this Awful Survivor: Sports Argument Stadium? wow I always assumed Taste got second but I just checked the thread and two different people got more votes, something must have gone wrong on Taste's end there??

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The person Met surveyed is probably really into Chicago mayors

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Met voted Hiipfire and in response TT voted Met and in response KB voted TT and in response Pmom voted KB. Thats funny

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think the word bullying is pretty loaded these days. Maybe you should have said "strongarming" and it would've gone over better. Either way, I'm feeling like both TT and KB are town at this point. If they were both scum though it would be some pretty hilarious busing.

I'm going to ##vote Met... My reasoning isn't that strong but during the Awful Survivor game he was really protective and supportive of Hiip to the point it may have been detrimental to his game, so trying to policy vote Hiip off the bat seems out of character.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Also I think pmach has been fed up with dying on d1 in the past so I think that's the reasoning for TT trying to aggressively steer the vote off her

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:negative:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm willing to look at them, just tell me what I'm looking for. Games with both you and Hiip where you tell people to lynch him on D1? Because I have a feeling I'm not going to find anything like that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't find that but while looking I did find this:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715097&userid=183505#post444558545

So, I dunno, ##unvote I guess.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Whatever then, ##vote KB

He seems to be inviting it so let's go

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pretty typical for the #1 posts/game player of all time :cool:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

TMMadman posted:

Weak e-bragging, made me want to be more social by inviting me to Awful Survivor (which is why I decided to join this game) , registered on SA before me. That's three strikes for you!

##vote Fast Luck

And since I didn't list them for my first vote on TT, his strikes were: Asked not to be voted, only name after mine on the alphabetical list of players, name contains alliteration.
Since all three of those strikes are totally made up, I have to wonder, why?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay so right now there's 4 votes for imgay and 4 for PMush.

I think the imgay reasoning Narc gives is probably pretty accurate.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Tbh after playing a few games with imgay I wouldn't mind him out regardless of his alignment because he doesn't play with town's best interests in mind. *This is my personal opinion based on experience please don't come at me for a bad argument. I don't care.*
How do you case someone that just poo poo posts, and even if they're town, how are they going to help?

That's basically the same reasoning Met gave to vote HiipFire. PMush got some crap for trying to vote Madman. I didn't agree with that vote either because first I didn't see it and second he's a new player! But I had more questions about this post from PMush:

Poison Mushroom posted:

On one hand, I don't like the way Met just jumps in and immediately pushes a policy lynch.

On the other hand, it is a weekend deadline, and those are notoriously lovely. I disagree with the who right now, but finding someone to start voting is probably a good idea.
Basically she disagreed with the vote, while acknowledging that we needed to find a target basically right away. That's trying to have it both ways, and while not exactly a direct contradiction, she ended up targeting a new player for being overly jokey. Is that really a better way to vote? I guess it could just be an attempt to create content rather than going for a policy vote but it seemed a bit odd.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Actually I'm wondering, Narc could have meant something even more when she said he doesn't play with town's best interests in mind. Like does he just vote for whatever the hell instead of trying to help town? Like actively voting weird ways for laughs? I haven't read his games

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

oh imgay is here. You can probably answer, I've never seen any of your games, does Narc mean you gently caress stuff up or is she just talking about your posting style?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ancillary?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'd also ask people to look at Allen.
Allen was pretty out of it earlier, when he didn't understand PMom's post and PMom asked if he was even reading the thread. Besides that, there's not much to read. Not much content from Chic either.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It was a joke vote imo.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

It was a joke vote imo.
Like I think Chic is happy to leave her vote where it is, but the way she made it as part of an explanation of how to vote, and said he "scum claimed," was just jokes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I haven't really liked the reasoning of any of PMush's posting but I've so consistently been stumped by it (especially her interpretation of Chic's posting) that I now think she just sees things differently than I do. I'd rather vote for Allen right now.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well that's no reason to think she's town that's true. But it does sort of change the read to me

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well I think Taste kind of likes no lynches on D1 (is that right Taste) but if we actually wanna kill someone we've got what, under four hours? Still plenty of time but people have to make sure to be around as we approach the deadline.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm curious about EXAKT's campaigning for 8bux:

EXAKT Science posted:

8BUX HAS BEEN PINGING ME AS SCUMMY AS WELL, BROTHER!

JOKEPHASE IS DONE LET'S DUNK A SCUM ##VOTE 8BUX

EXAKT Science posted:

VOTE 8BUX WITH ME, BROTHER
What's the reasoning here, why is 8bux pinging as scummy?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

There are always more town than scum. Once there's an equal number it means the scum have won.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Daisy the premise of mafia is that town is the uninformed majority vs the scum who is the informed minority. Town can really only win by getting information that we don't currently have. We can get that information from other players dying and us learning their alignment.
I bet a small part of it is gleaning this kind of information and a big part of it is just random chance. Irl I feel like it'd be easier to read people than over text but in these games it's so hard.

Right now there's let's say 4 scum out of 16. So 25% to hit a scum.
-If we fail, 4 scum out of 14. So 28.6% chance to hit a scum.
-If we succeed, 3 scum out of 14. So 21.4% chance to hit a scum.
etc etc

The odds are against hitting in any one lynch, but we only have to hit 4 times over the course of the game to win.

Is Pmom doing graduate studies in math or something else. What's the chances of winning just by voting at random? Probably not too bad

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In one of my previous games someone got votes against them for ending a sentence with a tilde

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

EXAKT Science posted:

ON MY FIRST READ, I NOTICED HE SAID HONESTLY SEVERAL TIMES, WHICH PINGS ME AS SCUMMY. ALSO, TASTE MADE A GOOD CASE A FEW PAGES AGO ABOUT HOW 8BUX WAS BEING DEFENSIVE AND GOING OUT OF HIS WAY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT WEREN'T ASKED WHEN TASTE MADE A SIMPLE REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATION. VOTE 8BUX AND VOTE OUT A SCUM, BROTHER!

SORRY ABOUT NOT DOING THIS SOONER, BUT I'VE BEEN TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS MOVING AND WITH MY NEW JOB. SEE MY EXPLANATION ABOVE, THOUGH, AND VOTE 8 BUX TO SAVE SWOLETOWN USA
Uh he never once said "honestly." The closest he came was when he said something wasn't bullying "tbh." Are you thinking of someone else?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Allen made his couple posts about not understanding the PMush thing and then came back 24 hours later and posted a youtube video and hasn't posted again since.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

##vote Allen Wren

If we can swing it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

imgay posted:

I think Anarc is pretty scummy. The majority of her content posts have been tunnel vision policy lynching me, which is terrible.
They're emotional votes which maybe are bad but she's mad at you. Do you think she'd only vote based on being mad at you if she's scum?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

This is really bad, voting anyone on null d1 is a shot in the dark that tells us little
Well poo poo, people said a no lynch is bad and I was trying to pick a target I thought we could get a majority vote on. A few people have said they won't vote PMush and you've said people's reasons for voting on imgay are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay I'll pitch in on getting this lynch done. ##vote Poison Mushroom

• Locked thread