Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go ahead with the new thread since it would make it far more maintainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

The thread tag being BSD is confusing as well, after a couple years of the Apple thread tag.

This could be one of those "Welcome to Something Awful, be thankful I didn't tag it 'WEIRD'" things, but anyway...

FWIW I think the BSD tag is really clever :)

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
Following this guide on a build and it's saved me a bunch of time trying to make sense of the other horribly scattered information out there. Thank you so much for all of your effort! Should've checked here in the first place.

I am at the step of trying to get onboard audio working. I'm working with this ASUS B85M-G R2.0 board which has Realtek ALC887 and looks like it should work with the CloverALC. So I open Clover Configurator and mount the EFI partition (it doesn't ask me to select a disk or anything). It doesn't show up on my desktop as the guide suggests it should, but I do see it when I open a Finder window. When I open it in Finder I don't see any files, and it doesn't show up under Disk Utility (I don't know if it should?) I continue on and run the .sh file that I cloned from the git repo. After I enter my password it says "EFI partition is not mounted. Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n): _". Did I screw something up? I'm seeing the black_green theme and have that HDAEnabler1.kext in my kexts folders, so I think I should be seeing something more related to ALC887 here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Edit: Nevermind, I need to install Clover to the Mac drive first. Jumped a bit ahead of the guide. Doing this now and will report back if I run into more issues.

Cawd Rud fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 24, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
All my parts are assembled; doing OS installation tonight!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

akadajet posted:

I tried doing a fresh install as opposed to just booting my tonymac build from clover and ran into the same thing when trying to launch the installer.

I also had chimera installed but when I was doing this it was unplugged and I was using a fresh SSD and new flash drive.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

-v -x -f graphicsenabler=no npci=0x3000

I can't figure this poo poo out

Oops nvdisable lol

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 25, 2015

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I also had chimera installed but when I was doing this it was unplugged and I was using a fresh SSD and new flash drive.

I'm trying to think of what causes this. I've seen it once on a machine of my own but in that instance the installation media was corrupt.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

enMTW posted:

I'm trying to think of what causes this. I've seen it once on a machine of my own but in that instance the installation media was corrupt.

Just curious, but are you involved in clover development?

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

akadajet posted:

Just curious, but are you involved in clover development?

I've contributed a patch or two but I'm not one of the main developers (I say one of the, but it's really just Slice).

Yes, as I wrote in the post I tried multiple sticks.

What BIOS settings are you using? Have you googled for your board and set the settings other hackintosh users have set?

enMTW fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 26, 2015

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I've had my HP Probook 6360b hackintosh working great for over a year, but last week it's EFI partition got corrupted (at least as far as I can tell) and it stopped booting into OSX. I followed the TonyMac instructions to reinstall Clover & Yosemite using the HP Probook Installer Clover Edition and have the OSX side of things working again.

However, the Probook's wifi card doesn't work when it reawakens from sleep. I also can't boot into the Windows partition now (choosing legacy boot in Clover Configurator just gives me boot0 error).

Does anyone have any pointers for these issues? I've forgotten all my prior hackintosh research from a year ago and I'm lost amongst the low-level detail that assumes I understand absolutely every factor intimately or have used Multibeast/Unibeast/Easybeast etc.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Just wanted to report 99% success with Clover EFI....

Hardware:
Intel Corei7-4790K
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 mobo
GeForce GTX960 video (needs Nvidia web driver, must boot with nv_disable=1 until web driver installed)
OSX installed on a OCZ ARC-100 120GB SSD.

Audio patched and working via the Clover _ALC method (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC).
Using a USB 3.0 802.11AC wifi adapter that has OSX drivers available. (Edimax EW7822UAC)

Only kexts in use beyond FakeSMC are the audio kexts that Clover_ALC installs, and the kext for my USB Wifi stick. They are all installed into /EFI/Clover/kexts.

Everything works... USB3, sound, sleep, etc... However I get no sound after sleep. It appears this was due to a change in 10.10; the AppleHDA audio driver shuts down the amplifier on the sound outputs during sleep, but doesn't turn it back on after wake! So sound is actually working, but since the amp is not turned on, you get no output. This: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander is a kext designed to fix just that. It is supposed to turn the codec amp back on after wake, or failing that, completely reset the codec to make it work again. Haven't got a chance to try it yet though.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

ynohtna posted:

I've had my HP Probook 6360b hackintosh working great for over a year, but last week it's EFI partition got corrupted (at least as far as I can tell) and it stopped booting into OSX. I followed the TonyMac instructions to reinstall Clover & Yosemite using the HP Probook Installer Clover Edition and have the OSX side of things working again.

However, the Probook's wifi card doesn't work when it reawakens from sleep. I also can't boot into the Windows partition now (choosing legacy boot in Clover Configurator just gives me boot0 error).

Does anyone have any pointers for these issues? I've forgotten all my prior hackintosh research from a year ago and I'm lost amongst the low-level detail that assumes I understand absolutely every factor intimately or have used Multibeast/Unibeast/Easybeast etc.

Boot 0 error: does Windows work if you select it from the BIOS boot menu? What wifi card does it have? I don't use a hackbook so I will be of limited help :(

stevewm posted:

Just wanted to report 99% success with Clover EFI....

Hardware:
Intel Corei7-4790K
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 mobo
GeForce GTX960 video (needs Nvidia web driver, must boot with nv_disable=1 until web driver installed)
OSX installed on a OCZ ARC-100 120GB SSD.

Audio patched and working via the Clover _ALC method (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC).
Using a USB 3.0 802.11AC wifi adapter that has OSX drivers available. (Edimax EW7822UAC)

Only kexts in use beyond FakeSMC are the audio kexts that Clover_ALC installs, and the kext for my USB Wifi stick. They are all installed into /EFI/Clover/kexts.

Everything works... USB3, sound, sleep, etc... However I get no sound after sleep. It appears this was due to a change in 10.10; the AppleHDA audio driver shuts down the amplifier on the sound outputs during sleep, but doesn't turn it back on after wake! So sound is actually working, but since the amp is not turned on, you get no output. This: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander is a kext designed to fix just that. It is supposed to turn the codec amp back on after wake, or failing that, completely reset the codec to make it work again. Haven't got a chance to try it yet though.

Awesome! Hopefully that kext fixes your sleep problem. Sleep is an annoying thing. It works on my hack, but I don't ever use it (I want my open apps always running, etc)

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Haven't messed with sound yet, but I did get Retina/HiDPI display mode to work!

Following the directions in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/102321-guide-add-your-custom-retina-hidpi-resolution-your-desktop-display-2.html#post954318

Basically, if you have a high resolution display, like 2560x1440 or higher, you can do this to obtain the same HiDPI scaling a "Retina" display on a real mac has...

They gist of it, is you put a bunch of poo poo inside a XML file, that gets put into /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/

One important bit... For it to work, you have to add a minimum of 2 resolutions to the file.. One at the effective resolution you want, and then another at exactly double that... So if you want a effective of 1920x1080, you need to add that resolution plus that resolution doubled, so 3840x2160, however this doubled resolution CANNOT be higher than the maximum resolution supported by your GPU.

Put the file where it says, and then reboot. Go into Display Preferences and then while holding down ALT, click on Scaled. You should see the new effective resolution you added in the list with (HiDPI) listed after it.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Clover just got updated to support disabling System Integrity Protection in El Cap DP5 and newer. When I do the new thread (probably around the first of August) I'll include a post on upgrading to El Cap Public Beta, so I have something there for when El Cap ships.

Also, the latest Nvidia webdriver is a crashy mess. Don't update to it. If you already have, use this one instead: http://us.download.nvidia.com/ipgCkMiRhadhtNldetR3gz0e8zu7KdF2/WebDriver-346.01.03b01.pkg

They'll fix the bugs in a day or two. They're adding support for mobile GPUs now, likely the source of the bugs.

enMTW fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 29, 2015

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Just fyi I decided to go ahead and upgrade my motherboard to a GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5.

Biggest hiccup I had was the ethernet driver. I tried dumping the kext from tonymac into the clover kexts/10.10 directory but it wouldn't take. Installing it through multibeast worked though.

iMessage seems to be intermittent unfortunately, I'll dig into that later though.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

New WebDriver, fixing the crashes. That was quick. http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.02.02f03/WebDriver-346.02.02f03.pkg

akadajet posted:

iMessage seems to be intermittent unfortunately, I'll dig into that later though.

iMessage would really prefer valid whitelisted values from a real Mac. Not a whole lot of ways to make it painless without said values.

enMTW fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 30, 2015

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enMTW posted:

iMessage would really prefer valid whitelisted values from a real Mac. Not a whole lot of ways to make it painless without said values.

So I think the Clover config you helped me put together before had my machine reporting itself as a MacPro3,1. I have an actual legit MacPro3,1 sitting in a closet collecting dust and I've been meaning to just throw it away because it's a 7 year old computer.

What are the values that I should transplant? Just MLB and ROM?

If not that, I've also got an old 2010 Mac Mini that I'm using for a home server and thus I won't be using it to sign into iMessage.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

kitten smoothie posted:

So I think the Clover config you helped me put together before had my machine reporting itself as a MacPro3,1. I have an actual legit MacPro3,1 sitting in a closet collecting dust and I've been meaning to just throw it away because it's a 7 year old computer.

What are the values that I should transplant? Just MLB and ROM?

If not that, I've also got an old 2010 Mac Mini that I'm using for a home server and thus I won't be using it to sign into iMessage.

Yeah. The MLB and ROM value. Use the serial too, not that it matters (if you use the serial, the 'get warranty information' link in About This Mac will work). Here's an app that will get you those values. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/278-imessage-debug/

You can use the MLB/ROM values from any Mac you want without altering your SMBios. I use the values from a early MBP with a MacPro3,1 SMBios.

enMTW fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 31, 2015

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Can Clover boot a homemade Fusion Drive reliably?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

enMTW posted:

Yeah. The MLB and ROM value. Use the serial too, not that it matters (if you use the serial, the 'get warranty information' link in About This Mac will work). Here's an app that will get you those values. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/278-imessage-debug/

You can use the MLB/ROM values from any Mac you want without altering your SMBios. I use the values from a early MBP with a MacPro3,1 SMBios.

Tried this using values from an old Macbook Air I have. Seems to work.

I was also able to clean up the clover boot menu a lot by disabling "legacy" under the scan settings. I have Windows 10 installed on another drive using UEFI. I get 3 options now: Windows, OSX, and OSX Recovery.

Another note: I was able to make a single USB install/clover using the instructions from TonyMac's guide. I believe the only thing you need to do is select "Install boot0af in mbr" when setting up clover.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

kitten smoothie posted:

Can Clover boot a homemade Fusion Drive reliably?

Yes, though I strongly recommend against Fusion (it sucks. Go all SSD!)

akadajet posted:

Tried this using values from an old Macbook Air I have. Seems to work.

I was also able to clean up the clover boot menu a lot by disabling "legacy" under the scan settings. I have Windows 10 installed on another drive using UEFI. I get 3 options now: Windows, OSX, and OSX Recovery.

Another note: I was able to make a single USB install/clover using the instructions from TonyMac's guide. I believe the only thing you need to do is select "Install boot0af in mbr" when setting up clover.

Nice!

:)

Yeah, in the new guide I'll include how to make a single install/boot drive.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

enMTW posted:

Have you googled for your board and set the settings other hackintosh users have set?
I did. Like I said, it's working with Chimera...

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

I did. Like I said, it's working with Chimera...

Do you think you'll have time for some troubleshooting on, say, Wednesday? I want to get on Skype with you and diagnose this. The issue, whatever it is, is too complex for to solve here.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Thanks. Sent you a PM.

Seven Round Things
Mar 22, 2010
Thanks a ton for the guide, OP! I was planning to use the Unibeast method, but since you provided a good Clover guide I gave it a go. In the end I needed a few extra files and tweaks to get everything perfect. Unfortunately I didn't do so in an organised enough way to be able to reproduce it exactly. One change was to extract the correct AppleHDA kext from Multibeast and put that in /S/L/E instead in order to get audio still working after sleep.

I did get a random reboot at one point, but I've made changes after that and hopefully they fixed whatever was causing that. System seems rock solid at the moment.

I'm still annoyed at the catch-22 of needing a Mac to install OSX. Why can't the Clover installer/CCC/other tools like Unibeast/etc be cross-platform?

One last question: Any way to get AMD HD 5xxx fan control? My 5770 spins up to 40% at idle even though the temps are fine. I can force this down to 18% under Windows and Linux, but I haven't found a way to control it with OSX.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Miley Virus posted:

I'm considering trying to get a Hackintosh working on my next build. Would it be feasible to have a Windows install on one SSD and an OSX install on another, dual booting between them with a common 3.5" data drive formatted as NTFS?

Why not use ExFAT for the shared drive?

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Seven Round Things posted:

Thanks a ton for the guide, OP! I was planning to use the Unibeast method, but since you provided a good Clover guide I gave it a go. In the end I needed a few extra files and tweaks to get everything perfect. Unfortunately I didn't do so in an organised enough way to be able to reproduce it exactly. One change was to extract the correct AppleHDA kext from Multibeast and put that in /S/L/E instead in order to get audio still working after sleep.

I did get a random reboot at one point, but I've made changes after that and hopefully they fixed whatever was causing that. System seems rock solid at the moment.

I'm still annoyed at the catch-22 of needing a Mac to install OSX. Why can't the Clover installer/CCC/other tools like Unibeast/etc be cross-platform?

One last question: Any way to get AMD HD 5xxx fan control? My 5770 spins up to 40% at idle even though the temps are fine. I can force this down to 18% under Windows and Linux, but I haven't found a way to control it with OSX.

No! Don't use AppleHDA from Multibeast! It's patched the same way I show how to do it in the guide, only not automated. You'll lose audio after each system update unless you do it right.

You wouldn't have a legal way to get OS X without owning an actual Mac. The stuff isn't multi platform on account of limited demand; people without an actual Mac just use an OS X VM to setup the installation tools.

I got nothing.

Seven Round Things
Mar 22, 2010

enMTW posted:

No! Don't use AppleHDA from Multibeast! It's patched the same way I show how to do it in the guide, only not automated. You'll lose audio after each system update unless you do it right.
Well, I did it your way first and it mostly worked, but like I said- I lost sound after waking from sleep. If I instead use the version from Multibeast, I don't. :shrug: I don't mind re-installing a kext after updating.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Well, I did it your way first and it mostly worked, but like I said- I lost sound after waking from sleep. If I instead use the version from Multibeast, I don't. :shrug: I don't mind re-installing a kext after updating.

What options are you setting in Multibeast, exactly? Other people are reporting the same sleep problem and I want to get to the bottom of it.

Seven Round Things
Mar 22, 2010

enMTW posted:

What options are you setting in Multibeast, exactly? Other people are reporting the same sleep problem and I want to get to the bottom of it.
I'm not actually running Multibeast, I just extracted the one kext I needed from its packages and threw that into /S/L/E, replacing the original. I removed the patch settings that had been added in Clover, but I kept the "Inject" parameter in the Devices pane.

(Also under Devices, I disabled "Add ClockID" because otherwise my system wouldn't wake from keyboard/mouse input, and made sure "ResetHDA" was off.)

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

I'm not actually running Multibeast, I just extracted the one kext I needed from its packages and threw that into /S/L/E, replacing the original. I removed the patch settings that had been added in Clover, but I kept the "Inject" parameter in the Devices pane.

(Also under Devices, I disabled "Add ClockID" because otherwise my system wouldn't wake from keyboard/mouse input, and made sure "ResetHDA" was off.)

Huh. I'll look into it.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

enMTW posted:

It is actually a problem caused by a change Apple made starting with 10.9.2... (https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC_guides/blob/master/No%20Audio%20After%20Sleep:Wake%20-%20Realtek%20ALC%20AppleHDA%20%5BFixes%5D.pdf) They made some changes to AppleHDA.kext to fix a no audio after sleep condition on some Mac models which in turn caused the same problems on Hackintoshes. The AppleHDA driver does not properly restore state to some codecs on wake. So they either loose jack routing and/or the internal audio amp (EAPD) does not get turned back on.

My board has a ALC887 and none of the fixes posted have worked for me, so I just don't use sleep for the time being.

Seven Round Things
Mar 22, 2010

stevewm posted:

It is actually a problem caused by a change Apple made starting with 10.9.2...

OH MY GOD THANK YOU :worship:

Contrary to my previous post, I've still been having the issue with the Multibeast kext. I reverted to using the native, unmodified AppleHDA.kext and the patch in the OP, still has the sleep issue but now I know it's not my fault.

Is there perhaps anyway to use the AppleHDA from a previous version of OS X, before this change? Or maybe I'll try VoodooHDA.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Or maybe I'll try VoodooHDA.

VoodooHDA is a real piece of poo poo. I propose not using sleep, since it is bad.

Seven Round Things
Mar 22, 2010
Well, I just switched to VoodooHDA, and it seems to be working great.

enMTW posted:

VoodooHDA is a real piece of poo poo. I propose not using sleep, since it is bad.
The only issue I've seen is that there's severe mic feedback/hiss from my disconnected mic ports. If I mute them all in Voodoo's preferences pane, it's completely gone. And sleep seems to work 100% (fingers crossed).

Why do you say it's poo poo? I know it isn't as clean a solution as using the Apple driver, but it seems to work great.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

OH MY GOD THANK YOU :worship:

Contrary to my previous post, I've still been having the issue with the Multibeast kext. I reverted to using the native, unmodified AppleHDA.kext and the patch in the OP, still has the sleep issue but now I know it's not my fault.

Is there perhaps anyway to use the AppleHDA from a previous version of OS X, before this change? Or maybe I'll try VoodooHDA.

The AppleHDA from 10.9/Multibeast 6.0 currently works with 10.9 and doesn't have the sleep issue. However that particular kext for whatever reason does not work with my on-board sound. Just throws a bunch of assertions and no audio device appears.

Only way I can get my on-board working is the Clover_ALC patch method, but of course no sleep. Haven't tried VooDooHDA yet.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
VoodooHDA has never worked for me or extremely poorly and has always been a source of Kernel Panics which makes me pretty drat wary when someone uses them or recommends trying them. Sleep never worked under chameleon so sound not working afterwards was a non-issue. Also these days with SSDs starting up is effortless. That said having the start up be that fast has one small niggle, network doesn't start up fast enough before applications load and find there is no network device so all the apps behave like so even though it loads moments later.

Another problem I had with Chameleon is that you tend to spray kexts everywhere, no doubt forgetting where and what they do so when something breaks or becomes a legacy boondoogle that at best does nothing, at worse causes KPs.

So I am guessing it's a combination of it not being clean when clean is good and problematic when it comes to trouble shooting when you are not.

Seven Round Things
Mar 22, 2010

oohhboy posted:

VoodooHDA has never worked for me or extremely poorly and has always been a source of Kernel Panics which makes me pretty drat wary when someone uses them or recommends trying them.
Huh. Well, it's working 100% for me right now. Maybe I'm just lucky with my specific mobo/audio chip combo.

quote:

Chameleon
Yeah, I'm not using that, no worries.

stevewm posted:

The AppleHDA from 10.9/Multibeast 6.0 currently works with 10.9 and doesn't have the sleep issue. However that particular kext for whatever reason does not work with my on-board sound. Just throws a bunch of assertions and no audio device appears.
Only way I can get my on-board working is the Clover_ALC patch method, but of course no sleep. Haven't tried VooDooHDA yet.
Well I won't unreservedly recommend Voodoo, but it's worth trying.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It really helps with the 3 Hacks I have done that I always look for the most compatible motherboard I can find which is almost anything Gigabyte* even if it mean a couple dollars more because for whatever reason thy have the Secret Hackintosh Sauce.

The current guide is basically built on the 2 Hacks I am using now obviously based on a very vanilla hardware and is meant to be generalised as to not get trapped in specific builds. It's also meant to un-black box as much as possible compared to unibeast and other turnkey options so when something breaks, you might be able to fix it yourself since you know what you did. That said, workarounds for specific problems and not specific hardware is a thing that is happening so VoodooHDA is sort of the last resort option second to maybe an external USB sound card.

I did once run into an insane bug where inserting a USB key drive would hard lock the computer, but it sometimes wouldn't do it on a test partition I always have. Turned out it might have been bad install media and by using a turnkey option(which also might have been a cause) it had covered up what might have gone wrong in the process since I didn't know what it was doing so I couldn't track it down until I flattened it to install 10.9. from 10.8

*Bleeding edge boards might not be a good idea or older boards nor mega budget ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

oohhboy posted:

It really helps with the 3 Hacks I have done that I always look for the most compatible motherboard I can find which is almost anything Gigabyte* even if it mean a couple dollars more because for whatever reason thy have the Secret Hackintosh Sauce.

The current guide is basically built on the 2 Hacks I am using now obviously based on a very vanilla hardware and is meant to be generalised as to not get trapped in specific builds. It's also meant to un-black box as much as possible compared to unibeast and other turnkey options so when something breaks, you might be able to fix it yourself since you know what you did. That said, workarounds for specific problems and not specific hardware is a thing that is happening so VoodooHDA is sort of the last resort option second to maybe an external USB sound card.

I did once run into an insane bug where inserting a USB key drive would hard lock the computer, but it sometimes wouldn't do it on a test partition I always have. Turned out it might have been bad install media and by using a turnkey option(which also might have been a cause) it had covered up what might have gone wrong in the process since I didn't know what it was doing so I couldn't track it down until I flattened it to install 10.9. from 10.8

*Bleeding edge boards might not be a good idea or older boards nor mega budget ones.

I had a bitch of a time of it, but I got my friends x99m gaming working, even though it was my first build. The op instruction sucked for it, though so I had to hodgepodge some different methods together and the only problem he's reported is a missing dock with black background every once in a while.

Every forum I asked was quiet as poo poo even in threads about the exact board so I'm sure shits minorly fucky but for now he's happy and it's stable, so I'll have to take a look when I get back in town.

Things I want to fix:
Random missing dock with black background after startup (fixed with restarts for now).
Onboard audio.
Currently using chameleon, I have no idea if it's bad, because everyone has bad opinions that they can't explain in simple terms but most support seems to be with Clover.
Couple USB ports don't work with his external sound card.

• Locked thread