Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi I will play or be a replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
does anyone have the wifi password? there's wifi, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ooh, I wanna visit The Mysterious Mirror Maze! It's like I'm on a ride with all of my friends, except all of my friends are me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

there's a really easy joke about somber not having friends in here somewhere

i guess you're the authority when it comes to being really easy!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Let's talk about how FV and Ecco are scum based on their posting so far

Expand on that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

FV, following up on a turbo with a jokey vote on derp but it's a bit self conscious. She makes sure not to put the vote on me, which might make her appear to be a part of turbo, but I was not in any risk at that moment. Her vote on derp doesn't really make much sense even as a joke. Is she voting for him because he said 3rd scum vote or to win my favour? Who knows. Finally any kind of buddying up makes me suspicious even at this point in the game.

Similarly Ecco's votes are a bit silly. They start the old rolling start turbo something that can easily be a joke or become real without much repercussions. After the turbo gets no more than 3 votes, they quietly shift off to somebody else. I can't remember who because I'm phone posting so I'll follow up on this in a sec.

i like your premise but in rereading i don't think there's text to support it.

##vote uranus

i don't like jokey scumclaims.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

it's a little too on the nose to acknowledge that being the third vote on a player during the early game is scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I like your premise but in rereading there's no text to support it

where do you see fv as self-conscious?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

is there a reason you're being this snarky? i don't see what you see.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
seriously though Manny, what's up?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Well like, being real here for a moment, neither of us had real cases. Mine was over analysis in an attempt to get the game going, yours was overreacting for the same cause. That you immediately dismissed mine to focus on yours was a bit irritating to me. I didn't really want to shut your vote down because I felt the goal of it was the same as mine, so I was left without much to say.

I just don't see FV as self-conscious at all, whereas I do see that in derp's *wink wink thirdvote* post. I'm willing to have a conversation about that if you have more to say.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

let's talk about AN's forced joke instead

sure. it was kinda forced.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the recent overusage of 'tunneling' has made some games v. frustrating.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gravity falls is so good.

it's really good, anyway.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i think we're having a gravity falls watch party after our friends move this saturday.

this is what i'm thinking:

1. Pilot or Head Hunters

2. Irrational Treasure

3. The Time Traveler's Pig

4. The Hand that Rocks the Mabel

5. Dreamscapers

it's hard since there's so much continuity in this show

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm more suspicious of Ecco now though, since they've put some hard effort into shutting down all game discussion and replacing it with hot bullshit.

you participated in that hot bullshit, though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
uranus is actually deeply, irrevocably scum.

it's a bit early in the game to be all 'woe is me, what has become of my beloved? this is not my beautiful thread. this is not my beautiful mafia.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm super not interested in a slap fight between you too. i would rather not read that. instead can you tell me if you think that these posts are town? because they're not town.

uranus posted:

*long thought to be extinct, we see here an example of a wild case. shh! be careful not to scare it*

##vote ecco

uranus posted:

this game is beyond saving already. what has happened to mafia

uranus posted:

HEY EVERYONE IM SCUM

self-conscious scumclaim joke

deriding the existing effort while not putting forward anyway

hopping on someone else's train of thought with no original thought or discussion, while also sarcastically dismissing the case against him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ecco is allowed to post monday and wednesday. mmm may post tuesday and thursday. you can alternate weekends. this conflict resolution is now concluded.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Somber what is making you ficus on derp? I think your original point is bad and your follow up points are better but I'm worried they're just coming from an over focus on your original bad point.

this reads like forced content to me

you're saying that you agree with my most recent points but not their genesis

and i don't understand the point of that thought.

obviously i'm focusing on uranus because he's scum. if you can agree that you see why i think that he is scum, why is this a conversation?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Derp scumclaimed, i'm not exactly Cassandra here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
MMM you had a lot of chances to talk about fv. i asked you directly about your point against her specifically. your response was sarcastic.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Policy voting derp is the kind of hard action we need to get the game going

oh come on dude.

Obviously I wanted you to talk about your point. I read the thing I was supposed to read. I didn't make the same connection. Is an explanation too much to ask, or do you not have one?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
>:l how is this my fault!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

Remember when you posted your derp stuff and it "irritated" him?

I think he's a jester. this is my hypothesis.

go away!!!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Sorry I'm not saying it's your fault, just that I don't think we're going to come to an agreement on that?

can we agree that voting derp is a good idea?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
who should we dunk instead asiina?

i like basically nothing derp has done. even jumping onto ecco feels opportunistic.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

uranus posted:

Lol talk about fake wow

See, you're just sideline sniping. Why would I think you were town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
uranus doesn't seem to have any real interest in trying to swing this any other way so i'm comfortable with my vote.

something about pig is bugging me but i can't remember why.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

uranus posted:

hey idiot scumlords you should not be killing me on day one, you know how valuable i am to you in the endgame

if you're town i need you to make a better argument than 'i'll be useful in lylo so trust me.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

uranus posted:

scum generally dont draw attention to themselves on day one but i think ecco is a special case. other candidates are assina and maybe hal

why anon and why do you mention her in one post but not the other?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

uranus posted:

what the gently caress are you even talking about. there is literally no reason to even respond to you anymore.

a pretty good reason to respond to me is if you are town.

i'm not trying to antagonize you, i'm trying to play mafia and talk using words.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

Thats a good point

what are you talking about? why is derp not scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i would vote pig if derp couldn't happen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
pig over zzyzx because I don't understand his original vote on derp and i don't understand his unvote. looks like he's operating with oot information.

i feel like it's kind of similar to your zzyzx case. there are worse candidates than zzyzx but i'm more confident about my two picks. i'm kind of curious why you're diverting focus when you've repeatedly backed my case.

my window for paying attention to mafia is rapidly diminishing so my vote is probably where it is.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if you don't see what the derp vote is about maybe you could try reading the thread?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
less than two hours, this is dumb.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This post is really puzzling me and I'm trying to decide if this actually a scum perspective or not

it makes more sense from a scum perspective, i think. i don't know is kumba is scum but i don't want to think about it today.

i'm deeply uncomfortable with what seemed like the overwhelming consensus being derailed by last minute discussion.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'll brinksman the poo poo out of ecco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
maybe if each of us votes someone else and we believe with all our hearts, we'll dunk somebody today.

what is even your point there, fv? that i'm scum because the dunk leader is not the dunk leader now and i think that's weird and bad?

• Locked thread