Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I didn't even read the OP. It's an 8bux game, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

lets find out who truly loves me

You're a real peach, missy.

##vote derp

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If you truly loved me you would have voted for me

##vote fv

Are you hitting on me?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hehehe

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

So who is the scum?

You?

Also, hi :)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I've never seen that movie but talking about it makes me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfX5RsNfk98

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

clearly

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

meat is murder

I took a nap this evening and woke up with a small fever :(

Wine and Gilmore girls cures everything.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I have a confession. Despite being :airquote: a girl :airquote: I have never watched Gilmore girls.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

my roommate is at her not-boyfriend's house again tonight so it's time for another Ecco Movie Night Suggestion Game: This Thread edition.

if I don't hear from anyone in 5 minutes I will watch gravity falls.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Its especially good because you can sing along.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I just looked up Gravity Falls. You probably wont like my movie choice.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think you guys are looking for the mafia discussion thread

Ecco and I are scum hunting. Why are you trying to stop that? Guilty conscience?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I hadn't watched it until this year, don't worry. My mom watched it religious growing up though and kept trying to push it on me.

seen it! it was a first date movie actually.

Was there a second date?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

no they are gross and nerdy and their OP is a b

it was okay! just a weird choice for date #1. I really, really liked the origin of love song so much I bought it on itunes.

I love that song too.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

uranus is actually deeply, irrevocably scum.

it's a bit early in the game to be all 'woe is me, what has become of my beloved? this is not my beautiful thread. this is not my beautiful mafia.'

Is this your "I catch scum on D1 all the time now" scum pick?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

while I don't disagree I think derp is a better choice if only because he's normally really, really hard to read even on the best of days. if he's already starting to ping people's guts (mine included) it's better to vote him now rather than later.

what exactly is pinging you about derp right now? Because earlier you said he was less scummy and more weird. Most of your argument around lynching him today is around him being hard to read -- which is actually a really scummy reason.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

his scumclaims feel forced and jumping on me feels opportunistic and lazy. it's not a lot but players like derp are literally impossible to read since they are usually so :effort:

nah that was MMM

it's actually not.

What is forced about his scum claim?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

derp: "third vote scum!"
somber: "that's kinda scummy"
derp: "I AM SCUM lol jk JK!!"

it just feels off, like he was caught making a dumb joke and then decided to double-down on it because he realized he made a mistake by "joke" scumclaiming.

it's not 100% obviously but it's enough for a day 1 case unless someone has something better.

I think I have something better. Your push on derp is scummy. It goes from "he's weird" to "he's hard to read" to "he feels forced"

EccoRaven posted:

he's mad I called his """case""" on fv dumb.

I could see it, but it was MMM that was more "woe is me," not derp. Which is less scummy and more weird.

EccoRaven posted:

okay thanks.

I don't think his initial point was terrible and I'm liking the legwork since derp is notoriously hard to read.

EccoRaven posted:

his scumclaims feel forced and jumping on me feels opportunistic and lazy. it's not a lot but players like derp are literally impossible to read since they are usually so :effort:

##vote Ecco

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Your first quote, again, refers to MMM not derp. I even say MMM in the post. I have never called derp's posting weird, I've consistently said it pings my gut. Somber did some legwork and I agreed with it.

ok, I misread that, but you do mention derp in that sentence.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Still waiting on that brisket.

I don't love Ecco handwaving everyone's votes with snide summations but to be frank I haven't looked at the actual votes themselves yet.

So you're not paying attention but you still want to negatively comment on the player with the most votes.

I think this is scummy. It's a drive-by pointless comment from someone trying to pretend they're going to play the game soon.

##vote Hal

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think you are scummy and pointless, FV

This hurts my feelings.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Whats your point?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Any port in the storm eh?

I agree with this

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

That's not a very good argument imo. That's basically "He did not accept my just and true logic and therefore must not be reading the thread, and therefore is a bad guy"

And this

Somberbrero posted:

it makes more sense from a scum perspective, i think. i don't know is kumba is scum but i don't want to think about it today.

i'm deeply uncomfortable with what seemed like the overwhelming consensus being derailed by last minute discussion.

What overwhelming consensus?

I'd vote Kumba, Somber or Ecco today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

maybe if each of us votes someone else and we believe with all our hearts, we'll dunk somebody today.

what is even your point there, fv? that i'm scum because the dunk leader is not the dunk leader now and i think that's weird and bad?

My point is that you're trying to dress the situation up as something it isn't and that I don't think it ever was.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Somber sweetie pie I'll revote for derp if zzyzx doesn't get more votes by :20.

It's not accurate so it'd be kinda silly to agree with it.

But it is...

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not voting for zzyzx because he disagrees with me about derp (which would be a "logic!" case), I'm voting him because his analysis of the thread is only tangentially related to what's actually happening. He now got caught and is playing dumb. Kumba made a good point about his cases against Asiina too - it reads like he only skimmed the thread and put an opinion down because he felt like he had to, and hoped to just coast by without people paying attention to him.

Kumba went from "derp is meh" to "vote derp for appeal to emotion" to "sure I'll vote zzxxyxjfj". That is most definitely any port in a storm.

Why are you even bringing who you are voting into this?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote kumba

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not disagreeing about Kumba, I quoted the part where you said you agreed with MMM's analysis regarding my zzyzx case. That's what I'm talking about - zzyzx, the guy I think is scum.

Ok, never mind. I looked at the wrong bit of my own post. I still agree with MMM's comment though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

That is definitely not those things.

Please explain why.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

2 of 11 ports is every port. got it. remind me to never ask you for directions on the sea

Except that you like the ports that other people are pushing and voting.

You never made any real effort on your original case on AN. that's why it looks like you're just willing to go where the thread is.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Having been here for the past few hours watching it develop, it really feels more organic. It doesn't feel like he's just going "eh whatever."

That's just my feeling right now. I like that he agrees with my cases though, that shows he's got a good head on his shoulders :sax:

I think your second opinion might be biasing you first.....

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Wow a lot has happened in this thread pretty close to deadline.

This whole change of vote thing feels to me like Ecco was trying to detail the target off derp to confuse people, get them to change their vote, and end up in a no lynch

Really? So you think Ecco and derp are scum together?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Well ok, I wasn't talking about that so nice work winning that argument with yourself

Ecco's ego is so big she doesn't realise when we are poking fun at it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

what is there to say about AN? I think the pig joke was forced then.. there's not really anything. there's a post about derp scum-claiming and a half-assed read of fv. there's not a case to make other than the one i already made

It's not that I thought your case was bad, it's just that you never really persisted with it.

Kumbamontu posted:

mafia edit: i add that post to my case above

But yes that post was terribly scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hey gently caress it I'll vote kumba since he won't get off my dick.

##vote kumba

But do you think he's scum?

##vote AN

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

To what?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Whatever I just think this is really dumb and you guys should be focusing on scum this close to deadline.

I'm not sure what you think it is we are doing. Everyone is pushing for the people they think are scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hey anyone see opop? I think he got stuck on the top of the Ferris wheel.

Hal must be with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote derp

• Locked thread