Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##cocktail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Eight Dollars posted:

[*]I'm Loving It! Mike Love Live[/list]

OH MY GOD IT'S MIKE LOVE!!! :swoon:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote MMM

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

uranus posted:

need more cookie

##cookie

##vote derp

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kumbamontu posted:

you can take that cookie and stick it up your.....

yeah?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I voted him because he wanted a cookie but didn't think to ask for one, that is super scummy imo

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
here are my favorite animal puns:

why shouldn't you invite an elephant to a party?

because nobody wants to talk to the elephant in the room

:rimshot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hmmmmm.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

seriously though Manny, what's up?

am I manny?

Nothing much. Just had a bowl of cereal with bananas, going to go on a bender today drinking wine while watching Gilmore Girls.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
MMM I think you're reaching, which is fine since it's the first 24 hours of day 1 but it's still reaching.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm trying to say "stop pushing it," because it's bad and there's nothing there. Talk about Somber's because it's actually more substantive than yours.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Like a nice brisket.

meat is murder

I took a nap this evening and woke up with a small fever :(

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Wine and Gilmore girls cures everything.

I had a perfect Manhattan and watched two episodes before my nap!!!

Asiina posted:

Ecco I made your sim a vegetarian in the sims game and now nobody will eat your cooking.
mylife.txt the main way I get people to eat my vegetarian cooking is to not tell them until they're halfway through it going "mmmm"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
my roommate is at her not-boyfriend's house again tonight so it's time for another Ecco Movie Night Suggestion Game: This Thread edition.

if I don't hear from anyone in 5 minutes I will watch gravity falls.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I have a confession. Despite being :airquote: a girl :airquote: I have never watched Gilmore girls.

I hadn't watched it until this year, don't worry. My mom watched it religious growing up though and kept trying to push it on me.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

seen it! it was a first date movie actually.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think you guys are looking for the mafia discussion thread

no they are gross and nerdy and their OP is a b

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I just looked up Gravity Falls. You probably wont like my movie choice.

it was okay! just a weird choice for date #1. I really, really liked the origin of love song so much I bought it on itunes.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Was there a second date?

yeah but it was a senior year kind of thing and lots of people were flinging with lots of other people, it was a fun time.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ok Gravity Falls bbl~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

gravity falls is so good.

it's really good, anyway.

It was one of those shows that I knew I'd like once I actually sat down and watched it, and a few nights ago I was like "ok let's do that," and here I am most of the way through season 1 :toot:

I have tried showing an episode or two to my roommate but she doesn't seem to like it that much.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm more suspicious of Ecco now though, since they've put some hard effort into shutting down all game discussion and replacing it with hot bullshit.

your case was nonsense, somber's was not nonsense, sorry your feelings were hurt.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah actually I'm willing to put a vote on this now and put some more specific analysis in later.

##vote Ecco
here let me do it for you:

"It's just so SCUMMY how we were getting right into the real game when ECCO, all by themselves, DERAILED everything!! That's scummy since obviously only scum would do such a heinous thing!"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

[citation needed]

he's mad I called his """case""" on fv dumb.

Somberbrero posted:

uranus is actually deeply, irrevocably scum.

it's a bit early in the game to be all 'woe is me, what has become of my beloved? this is not my beautiful thread. this is not my beautiful mafia.'

I could see it, but it was MMM that was more "woe is me," not derp. Which is less scummy and more weird.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, I'd vote MMM. It's way too early to complain about people being off topic

But the thing is he himself participated in it like Somber said, it'd be really weird if MMM as town or scum then chided the town for not being the Best We Can Be. Which he did! Which is why it's weird.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

idc if you say OMGUS

your vote was dumb, your attempt to get content was forced and obvious.

nah this is not a good vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Nah I'm upset that every post you've made to this point has been actively encouraging off topic chat or been shutting down game chat. You told me to stop and talk about somber's case and then... Didn't chat about somber's case.

This is mostly nonsense too, MMM.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I mean I made 2 posts about games in and amongst a larger body of mafia posts I think there's a different between that and literally avoiding mafia chat and never saying anything.

if you actually honestly gun to your head think this is what's happened this game and you're not just trying to generate content I'll respond to you with more seriousness than "nah that's dumb."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm unclear if you're saying that you have participated in mafia discussion or that it doesn't matter if you did or not. If you clear that up I'll go next.

I think you are seriously and grossly misrepresenting both my play this game and the state of the game in general. My inclination is to think you're doing it just to drum up content and get us out of jokephase but if you actually and sincerely believe what you're saying then we have a problem.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm exaggerating my small inclinations and feelings
okay thanks.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Somber what is making you ficus on derp? I think your original point is bad and your follow up points are better but I'm worried they're just coming from an over focus on your original bad point.

I don't think his initial point was terrible and I'm liking the legwork since derp is notoriously hard to read.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh hey Ecco I'd like to explain why the quoted post was actually nonsense though

I made posts over the course of four minutes asking people what to watch that night on tv. I didn't derail any mafia discussion, I didn't stop people from talking about mafia to talk about my nighttime media viewing, it was really, really innocuous.

I asked you to talk about Somber's point instead of yours on fv because yours was insubstantial. Sure Somber's was a mote of dust but that still made it more substantial than yours.

It was a nonsense argument and it's good that you've explicitly said you are exaggerating and pretending because I couldn't imagine a reasonable person making those posts sincerely.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You could have easily made those posts in the discussion thread though so why put them in here?
Because I wanted a smaller pool of suggestions rather than the 50 I get whenever I ask the thread.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Policy voting derp is the kind of hard action we need to get the game going

for MMM so loved the world

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I suppose if I quoted I would have left off her first post and then you would have one less post to wade through

your sarcastic defense of your sarcastic support for your insubstantial case isn't doing you any favors.

MMM are you a jester it's ok you can tell me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

>:l how is this my fault!

Remember when you posted your derp stuff and it "irritated" him?

I think he's a jester. this is my hypothesis.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

We should lunch the pig.

while I don't disagree I think derp is a better choice if only because he's normally really, really hard to read even on the best of days. if he's already starting to ping people's guts (mine included) it's better to vote him now rather than later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

what exactly is pinging you about derp right now?
his scumclaims feel forced and jumping on me feels opportunistic and lazy. it's not a lot but players like derp are literally impossible to read since they are usually so :effort:

quote:

Because earlier you said he was less scummy and more weird.
nah that was MMM

quote:

Most of your argument around lynching him today is around him being hard to read -- which is actually a really scummy reason.
it's actually not.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
derp: "third vote scum!"
somber: "that's kinda scummy"
derp: "I AM SCUM lol jk JK!!"

it just feels off, like he was caught making a dumb joke and then decided to double-down on it because he realized he made a mistake by "joke" scumclaiming.

it's not 100% obviously but it's enough for a day 1 case unless someone has something better.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think I have something better. Your push on derp is scummy. It goes from "he's weird" to "he's hard to read" to "he feels forced"

##vote Ecco

Your first quote, again, refers to MMM not derp. I even say MMM in the post. I have never called derp's posting weird, I've consistently said it pings my gut. Somber did some legwork and I agreed with it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
see:

EccoRaven posted:

But the thing is [MMM] himself participated in it like Somber said, it'd be really weird if MMM as town or scum then chided the town for not being the Best We Can Be. Which he did! Which is why it's weird.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

ok, I misread that, but you do mention derp in that sentence.

Upon rereading it I could see how it could be confusing out of context, but at the time I was talking to and about MMM and later asked him if he was being sincere (since like I said in the post he was being very weird).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

zzyzx posted:

I was thinking the same, watching Ecco latch onto Somber's case - which, IIRC, is basically just derp having the third vote on MMM - in a way that Somber's case really didn't warrant. Of everyone around I'd probably be most comfortable voting Ecco or Asiina.

Nah, Somber did some legwork and I agreed with it. I've never overstated the case beyond "my gut + somber's stuff + hard to read."

This opinion of yours feels really fake cyberdemon.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

zzyzx posted:

I'm sure it does, it's about you.
No, it feels fake because it reads like you glanced at the thread without reading closely and then decided to post an opinion because you felt like you had to.

And you're latching onto fiery's case when she already admitted it was largely based off a misunderstanding :guyeatingcereal:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

:guyeatingcereal:
:yum:

Somber's legwork

My full and unchanging opinion about derp

Fiery admitting her case was mostly (entirely?) based off a misreading

Your posts really read like you weren't paying close attention to the game, but then decided you had to put an opinion down anyway, with a bit of "might as well vote for ecco since they have a lot of votes already." And that's scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Those votes are all dumb dummmmmmmbb.

MMM voted me for "etiquette." derp for "lol." fv for misreading my posts. and zzyzx for "latching onto a case that didn't deserve it" (which turned out to be pure puffery).

I'm fine leaving my vote on derp but I am just as happy voting for zzyzx.

• Locked thread