Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I am not like other patriotic kiwis and steal entertainment from torrenting websites. no I have Netflix and pay for my entertainment so that those involved in giving me pleasure get rewarded

so I have USA Netflix. my ISp is open DNS or some nerd poo poo so it works

but I read that Hulu has signed San exclusive thing to stream the most very popular hilarious Brooklyn nine nine

yet this show is available on NZ nutflux

so if I was in USA and I wantedto watch this amazing show for example I have to do an echipenis and commit a crime

I am not going to download a car or steal a movie. I will never know how good these lovely loving poo poo ball of American yank poo poo shows are

it's the warm 20th century embrace to intellectual property that is sure to succeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

glorious bump

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i don't steal but i do use a vpn to get something that isn't mine which isn't stealing because,

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i don't steal but i do use a vpn to get something that isn't mine which isn't stealing because,

you wouldn't go to france to buy an LV handbag at a cheaper price :smug:

but seriously though someone needs to make a website that lists which regional netflix site particular shows are on cause im too lazy to vpn into different countries to look for one show

e: and super seriously though gently caress geo restrictions and trying to foist annoying barriers onto the internet

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
happy streaming, i hope you enjoy they fruits of your labour

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I don't like that show because Andy samberg stole my waifu

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i love brooklyn 9 9 but i have real nz netflix so i can only watch season one. just fukin treat me like shoit trying to do teh right thing. if its on hulu i have a vps in canada i can vpn sum poo poo thru ohohho

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bobbilljim posted:

i love brooklyn 9 9 but i have real nz netflix so i can only watch season one. just fukin treat me like shoit trying to do teh right thing. if its on hulu i have a vps in canada i can vpn sum poo poo thru ohohho

same but vikings on netflix

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

bobbilljim posted:

install the hola vpn chrome extension and you get a popup to change the country for netflix which is all preset and working out of the box

gently caress region locks anyway, they exists only for the sake of lovely business decisions

like before netflix was able to offer their services in france (because our rear end in a top hat tv networks lobby managed to get the government to prevent it in the pretense of defending ~the french culture~ against evil capitalism) they signed an exclusivity deal for the first 3 seasons of house of cards to a french network
so now netflix is unable to broadcast their own tv series in france and the way im supposed to watch it is to subscribe for the entirety of the garbage broadcast by a tv network just to watch the one or two shows i wan. its 2015, why does broadcast still even exist anyway

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

reminder

Only registered members can see post attachments!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
isn't hola the one that is total spyware/malware?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

isn't hola the one that is total spyware/malware?
no idea tbh

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Zlodo posted:

install the hola vpn chrome extension and you get a popup to change the country for netflix which is all preset and working out of the box

gently caress region locks anyway, they exists only for the sake of lovely business decisions

like before netflix was able to offer their services in france (because our rear end in a top hat tv networks lobby managed to get the government to prevent it in the pretense of defending ~the french culture~ against evil capitalism) they signed an exclusivity deal for the first 3 seasons of house of cards to a french network
so now netflix is unable to broadcast their own tv series in france and the way im supposed to watch it is to subscribe for the entirety of the garbage broadcast by a tv network just to watch the one or two shows i wan. its 2015, why does broadcast still even exist anyway

yeah, just let me install a program that lets kiddy fiddlers use my pc as a proxy, good poo poo op

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
if you pay for netflix you're allowed to torrent the shows it doesn't have. it's in a law signed by bill clinton, look it up

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
television is mind poison, hth op

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

jony ive aces posted:

if you pay for netflix you're allowed to torrent the shows it doesn't have. it's in a law signed by bill clinton, look it up

Just buy a hard drive in Canada then you can pirate whatever you want. It's true, look it up.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pirate everything death to traditional media

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

cause if you steal someone's bike they don't have it anymore but if you download game of thrones everyone still has all the stuff they had in the first place.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

paying for content is for idiots, and i'd rather be a thief-as-defined-by-corporate-stooges than an idiot

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

horse mans posted:

television is mind poison, hth op

Sweevo posted:

pirate everything death to traditional media

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
just use one of the million dns services you can pay $1 a month for to access the netflix territory you want.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i had a dream last night that i was on holiday in america, staying with echi!!! he looked exactly like the jesus from his av, and it was defo usa and not nz, weird

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I don't like that show because Andy samberg stole my waifu

samberg stole my waifu IRL tho

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bobbilljim posted:

only one season lol haha @ business people

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i don't feel bad about "stealing" anything that is broadcasted

ILLEGAL: downloading every episode of brooklyn 9 9
LEGAL: making a huge linux dvr and recording every episode of brooklyn 9 9

Perplx fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 23, 2015

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Zlodo posted:

lol as a netflix subscriber i can say that house of cards is totally not worth paying for

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
its really really bad op. worse than my posts even

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
b99 is a little bit silly. perhaps just a bit too much for me

how do I know? because I watched it.

how was I able to watch it?

I infringed copyright. I saturated my fibre pipe with the highest of quality mkvs. if I was vaping, it would have been jerky flavoured with pcp
nothing was stolen, however.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
it's pretty consistently 7.5/10 which is an accomplishment for a TV show

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

andre braugher owns

detective frank pembleton owns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i find the show entertaining and funny, but certainly not laugh out loud funny, and too often its a bit embarrasingly weird

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

i find the show entertaining and funny, but certainly not laugh out loud funny, and too often its a bit embarrasingly weird

much like your posting

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I am not like other patriotic kiwis and steal entertainment from torrenting websites. no I have Netflix and pay for my entertainment so that those involved in giving me pleasure get rewarded

so I have USA Netflix. my ISp is open DNS or some nerd poo poo so it works

but I read that Hulu has signed San exclusive thing to stream the most very popular hilarious Brooklyn nine nine

yet this show is available on NZ nutflux

so if I was in USA and I wantedto watch this amazing show for example I have to do an echipenis and commit a crime

I am not going to download a car or steal a movie. I will never know how good these lovely loving poo poo ball of American yank poo poo shows are

it's the warm 20th century embrace to intellectual property that is sure to succeed

same but australia. even worse now that the Australian Government has now put through laws to block the poo poo out of torrent sites and kowtow to movie/tv/music companies

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how long till abbot blocks wikileaks etc

lol you cant even study encryption unless its some kind of special school

it hate to say it mate but the current direction your govt is taking your country aint too flash

not that ours is either, its just bad in different ways

neither gives a flying gently caress at all about anything environmental

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
time for the funny computer people to revolt imo

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 24, 2015

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
is this the thread where we can talk about netflix poo poo? cause i just saw orange is the new black season 3, and holy poo poo wtf is this horseshit gently caress u jenji kohan this is weeds all over again

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
loving callplus shouldn't have folded

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I recommend piracy op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET