Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

L_Harrison posted:

24 cars in multiplayer hoppers is going to be nothing short of catastrophic, and it'll be hilarious to watch.

24 cars in the rain going into turn 1 on week 1 of release day... no room to drive through the wreck until everyone ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Man that first puddle on Sebring off the start line is going to cause some serious problems for the multiplayer lobbies :D

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This exclusive 3-4 lap race entitlement by members of the community is forzas greatest drawback.

Not many people are going to run a 10-20 lap race after lap 5 and they are 2 laps down.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So, I don't know if my interest will last long enough for me to do it, but someone should get us a solid thread in Private Game Servers so we don't have to wade through pubbies trying to friend us :D

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm, my uncle works for microsoft as a lead developer.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm off Thursday and Friday... going to buy a bunch of beer and snacks tomorrow to ready myself for a weekend of fun.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Forza is the best casual racing game out there tbh. Just but the $100 version and get all the cars and you get to play it on Thursday!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I noticed the lack of sticky grass as well, i certainly didnt like it, but does this mean everyone online will just cut corners? Certain tracks were like that already. (I'm looking at you, Yas marina's turn that goes under the big white hotel)

I can't imagine it being completely gone, it was just really god awful on indy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

Yeah it was nice effect and I think hydro planing is going to make races that much more interesting.

I'll be on around 5 eastern tomorrow as well for a couple hours before the game, so I'll be down for some racing.

It will make 24 car multiplayer starts absolutely amazing. Especially on Sebring like the first straight has a giant puddle on the right side so everyone is going to try to crunch into the left lane... and it will end very predictably :D

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cant loving sleep... god drat it Microsoft, just flip the loving switch early.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm too lazy to look up what time it is in GMT, but it's 2 hours from now!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Faustus posted:

We have at least twenty minutes.
What beginner car do you prefer? Anyone?

Who cares, you'll drive it for maybe 10 races at most :D

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Its... loading up!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Now lets customize your car to truly make it yours. Here pick from a design made by our community of player designs"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

It's time right? My game won't start up.

What version did you buy? Only Ultimate is live.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Well I didn't spend a hundred bucks for anything else... The game says it's ready to go but the DLC still says preordered.

I dunno, the game and all the dlc preloaded for me and game went live and started on time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ethanol posted:

forza loving 6 boys

If Forza the new Jared?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tupacalypse posted:

First impressions are good so far, cars feel much better than 5. I got lucky and won the million credits on the second spin.

My gt: CaptainSpeed999
Not sure if I'll be on tonight

It's so much better than 5! You can take a car over the limit of control but actually rescue yourself from completely losing control like seems to happen too often in Forza 5.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've never raced with you guys (maybe back in Forza 4 I don't remember) and I can't find my microphone cable for my headset. But I would be down for some dice racing tonight. Gamertag - WisePrey

Also I got one of the rare dare packs and the Setback card, starting in 22nd position is pretty fun, the starts with drivatars are somehow worse than multiplayer.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I've never raced with you guys (maybe back in Forza 4 I don't remember) and I can't find my microphone cable for my headset. But I would be down for some dice racing tonight. Gamertag - WisePrey

Also I got one of the rare dare packs and the Setback card, starting in 22nd position is pretty fun, the starts with drivatars are somehow worse than multiplayer.

gently caress I'm an idiot my gamertag is wise prey. Space is important lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who is running a lobby at the moment? Want some fun dice racing. Messed up my gamer tag last page. It's Wise Prey.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nurburgring in the dark, sweet jesus

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LOL, you can download someones tune/paint job straight from a hopper lobby or you can download a tune right from the rival leaderboards!

Also, if someone isn't ready at start in the hoppers, they can be driven through like they are ghosted!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sadly I dont remember the first cars I bought.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Should run a night race series with the brake line off lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Got a few good races in with you guys there (Wise Prey), was reasonably fun. Hopefully I can either find my drat cable for my headset mic or I will just have to find one on Amazon.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

cb rocks posted:

What on earth is going on in here? 200 new posts of assholes arguing about some bullshit. Jesus.

Go race or post some loving pics or something

Some goons seem to be in danger of taking Forza WAY to seriously.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I think this is similar to how they removed browsing by manufacuter in Forza 5 to conceal the limited car selection. If they have too many hopper options, they're less likely to fill up their shiny new 24 car rooms :rolleyes:

I think this might change a little bit on Tuesday when the game is fully released and there's more people playing than the few that paid $100 for the ultimate edition.

Also I can't wait for the people that have never played a Forza game to join the multiplayer hoppers on Tuesday and end up driving Nurburgring or La Mans at night...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Faustus posted:

These pics are from a history. I have many, many more; going back to this old thread
I took them because I enjoyed racing and the company of the community. I present it in this format just so you may realize that I saved the replays, scoured them for good moments, and then gave every person a moment in the sun. I did it to be kind and to give my fellow racers recognition.

I invite you to mock me for it, that's fair game.

You should post more pics instead of arguing over the differences of driving fast cars and slow cars.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here's a shot from a quality race on Daytona in a hopper lobby.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Leather Bear posted:

Hellcat seating position needs some work. Someone at Turn 10 biffed it on that POV.

You also can't put decals on the doors for some reason lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cubey posted:

I wish they had forgone Daytona for Sunset Peninsula. I know, history and prestige and whatever, but man that Daytona road course is poo poo. And I can only imagine how awful turn 1 is online, jeez.

Sunset Peninsula was fun but I do actually enjoy the Daytona courses. The whole first lap is a little chaotic in the hoppers with how narrow the road course section is, but it's pretty fun to drive.

Although if I can figure out how to upload a video, I have a great replay of me going down the back straight away in a race... spinning in circles half way down the straight as people keep hitting me lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Did a little A class racing this morning... was a little out classed...

It handles reasonably when it's on all 4 wheels, sadly it likes to go on two wheels often and then it's near impossible to control :D

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Comrade Flynn posted:

Err, can you only use the rewind a certain number of times in a race? Halfway through an enduro and it stopped working.

It stopped working for me around the start/finish line on lap 3 I think on the Nurdburg 125, but then it started working again, however it no longer "rewinds" it just goes to loading screen and comes back with you a little farther back.

Also, I didn't turn on realistic tire and fuel for the race yet the AI still pits as if it's on...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ethanol posted:

I must be losing it because I swear I saw Mini Cooper 65 in the results and then the lobby and that's what made me post

Unless they fixed it tonight, I ran the 65 mini in the d league this afternoon. Its a horribly OP car and likely the reason they removed d class from the hoppers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So todays the day where everyone gets this game... Hopefully Turn 10 gives us more hopper options!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Faustus posted:

Laguna: Now with way more blowing sand and dust, and also cool new barriers to keep ya honest.

Not all that different, but still an improvement.

Barriers to keep ya honest is the new sticky grass for Forza 6 :).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The lap count for the s class lobbies is all over the place! You'll fet 3 laps on a Daytona course then get 6 laps in a short batch hat track. Then get 2 LAPS around nurburgring or 3 laps on spa.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 16, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SmokeyXIII posted:

You're all wrong. The worst part is actually that you have to finish in the top 3 to progress in career mode.

Like just about every other racing game in existence? Could go back to older style games where it's win or lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well, seems people haven't figured out how to drive straight yet in Forza 6. Here's 2 fun pics from the start line off of Bernese Alps...

I thought I was managing to squeeze through the nonsense and was going to be free and clear until the first turn... but...

Rear ended by someone and there I go up on my front bumper... At least my car was still facing in the right direction I guess...

• Locked thread