Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Repost from the other thread:

Oh hi. I played Forza 6 a bunch of times at Gamescom. Was absolutely gorgeous. The Rio track is insane with so much poo poo going on.

Cars seemed good, although I don't think they got the sounds quite right yet.

What edition are you all buying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, there's really no reason not to get The Version That Costs The Most because it gives you the game a week early and gently caress waiting for things you want now.

Whoa a week early? Really?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Thank god I finally fixed my sound crackling/stuttering issue. Now my only problem is my wife keeps trying to steal the controller from me. BACK OFF LADY.

EDIT: I just won the Veyron in my first spin.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 4, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

BMB5150 posted:

Why I asked if we keep our prizes since I did that too. Unfortunately gently caress your dreams you aren't getting a veyron to start.

Also I haven't done any forza online stuff but a ton of gran turismo online which I was near the top every race it seems. I think I can do well to start and improve.

Oh well, according to the Forza Hub I'm going to unlock a metric shitton of stuff anyways.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I never knew how badly I wanted puddles in a racing game before now.

Oddly I did a track day yesterday in the pouring rain and it was a ton of fun. Except for puddles. Those aren't fun at 120.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Son of a whore I wish I knew about the MS employee discount. Oh well.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

Wish I knew a ms employee

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one living in Seattle. I probably know a dozen people I'd feel comfortable texting for a discount.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

The guy I bought my M3 from was a senior program manager in the Xbox division who also happened to be the main guy responsible (guilty?) for bringing Party Chat to the Live service in 2008 (I like to think, on my many, MANY suggestions to do so) but alas he no longer works there so I was forced to pay FULL PRICE!!! Man. Now I'm sad, I used to get all sorts of free Xbox & 360 stuff (they called the first Xbox the Xbox)

Also, I tell people I work at a bank so they don't text me for discounts on what my company actually sells. Although rides in Lambos would make me more amenable to sorting out hookups. :v:

Thanks buddy! I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it again in the ridiculous rats-nest of terrible microsoft/xbox websites that barely function at the best of times and all try to funnel a signed-in user (Me) towards buying a product (the pre-order) that I already own and paid for.

Wait what would you trade for Lambo rides?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So when does the Ultimate unlock? Tomorrow?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

My wife called me an idiot when I told her I was just going to buy the vanilla edition.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Can't find some of you. Try adding my GT: Comrade Flynn

EDIT: I wish there was some way to mass add all the free cars. Jesus there's a lot.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 10, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What kind of sick gently caress would change the design on the Fast & Furious Supra?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

Ha there's an E class now, didn't even realize that. Looks like I have a new favorite class :getin:

I just made an E Class GMC Vandura with an Iron Maiden paint job.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The Top Gear Truck challenge is probably the best thing ever put in a video game.

EDIT: I'm a bit confused at the Career mode...I have to do FIFTEEN series of races before I move on??

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 11, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

There was nothing passive about my aggression in that post.

You. You are a oval office. Ok? We straight, oval office? oval office.

Gettin' mad at videogame racin'.

EDIT: It seems my Kinect mic isn't working. I can hear you idiots though.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 11, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Sorry, you missed the time when I took these pictures for Ether Frenzy. I'm not mad that you're a stupid rear end oval office face. I'm angry that you don't know how much I love Ether Frenzy for being a good racer and an overall good man.

02/11/2014: GRC racing at Catalunta School. Not something you'd know about, without me telling you.

Excuse me I'll have you know I drive a Lamborghini. When it's not broken.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Nurburgring in the rain is enormous fun. I'll be back when I get my mic working.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

GutBomb said a lot. It's relevant and important. Read it. Get it. I am trying to communicate to you what he said, because it's not about a console or a game. It's about helping people.

EDIT:
GutBomb is trying to help, and I am merely trying to assist him in helping others. Like, for example, yourself.

Take it, leave it, it's your call.

Are your posts serious or are you roleplaying someone with severe asperger's? I honestly can't tell. I thought you were joking at first.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Not going to be able to play much tomorrow because I'm granting a kid's Make A Wish thing.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You have a Lamborghini :o?

Murcielago.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Not impressed yet, is it Automatic or Stick shift?

Shopped for 6 months to find this one in stick. One of the last 6-speeds ever made.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Err, can you only use the rewind a certain number of times in a race? Halfway through an enduro and it stopped working.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

im trying out the nurburgring 125, it seems like the drivatars are harder in showcase events. kicking my rear end on pro

That's the one I'm doing now. Once I got past the crowd I'm leaving them behind pretty quick.

EDIT: The only Jackpot I've EVER won was for the BT24 which...I'm cool with.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Speaking of real life videos, finally found a sound clip of my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjsl1IXA3Xo&t=2s

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

How come only certain tracks have rain? I really wanted a wet corkscrew.

That sounds like a sex act.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

It was me and i'm just weird and dont learn to not share my lovely opinions.

Over 3000 pounds, no third pedal, and it makes you look like you've done well in life. I have a personal distaste for comfort and prestige. Maybe if it was a kia or something i'd lust after it more. More power to you and i hope you get one and enjoy the hell out of it.

You'd get along well with this chick: http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/13713677.Joys_of_pootling_along_in_the_car/

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

two_beer_bishes posted:

Excuse the lovely pic, but there was no way to lose this spin!

I got the 100k...

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

1951-2001 LEGENDS NEVER DAAAAAAH

*slams into wall*

*game deletes itself*

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Took a few weeks off due to work. Holy poo poo the new car pack is amazing. A wide variety of really well done cars. Can't wait to race the limo.

Is there a way to default the color/livery section to go to factory colors first? I'm really tired of having to wait for it to load up a bunch of really lovely liveries and batman cars.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

By the way - does anyone have a good list of cars/tunes for each class? I feel so behind, and I joined a multiplayer lobby and half the people had a 97 Civic so I assume that car is doing well for C class.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Sorry, what were the glitches? Are there any other ones? I am loving horrible at the level up spins and it makes me sad that's the main progression thing now.

Also: what's the highest boost you guys have seen? This racing 300ZX is putting out 45 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

You could buy any car for free if you just 'quit' the game from the dashboard after purchasing it but before the 'saving' screen finished.

drat. That would have been useful. I'm almost level 40 and only have a little over a million credits. Kind of sucks.

• Locked thread