Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Leather Bear posted:

All of the Xbox 360 Forza games (including Horizon) will be backwards compatible on the Xbone starting in November.

MAPLE VALLEY HASN'T DIED YET

Hey I might finally put some time into that copy of Horizon 1 I paid full price for three years ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

And the NB miata, and the first one in any forza that isnt a lame right hand drive version. :woop:

edit: 80s civic, early 70s mazda cosmo that hasnt been seen outside gran turismo, SC300, LM002. The race cars are meh but there are some golden nuggets.

Is it weird that I almost never give a poo poo about race cars?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Including makes with only one model is a great way to make your car select screen look bigger than it is.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Also make it so you can sort out the ones that are still PS2 cars oh wait that's the other one

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

gypsyshred posted:

Is there a reason they aren't doing the newer Beetles?

Apple Corp are dicks about licensing

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Leather Bear posted:

Only Ultimate Editions pre-loads play a week early.

Still grumpy about this.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Could it please be 9/15 tomorrow?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I can't even tell which ones are 360 era cars. The car models back then we're good enough that it's at least not a Every Gran Turismo Since 4 situation.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I have enough trouble justifying $60 for a copy of a game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

L_Harrison posted:

It won't. The servers required for it would be outrageous, since it's a free demo of a fairly popular franchise. Microsoft/T10 ain't got time for that.

Really doesn't seem that hard to take the servers already there for FM5/6 and use those. The demo population will drop pretty hard after the game comes out anyway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I just took the Audi S3 around Lime Rock way too many times. Best I could do was 1:09.274 or something like that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

deep impact on vhs posted:

i honestly feel like the rain effects in fm6 are better than project cars'

But it's not DYNAMIC! And that's important because reasons.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I think giving early copies to prominent streamers is a decent strategy for getting the hype train going, but good lord try and find one, maybe two of them who actually know how to drive virtual race cars.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Reviews are coming out and the consensus is clear: Forza 6 is a new mainline Forza game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

ethanol posted:

I'll be streaming as I play for a few hours if anybody is interested in seeing the game

http://www.twitch.tv/ethanol03

"Hey guys, there's potential a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up, if anyone's interested."

That's you.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Leather Bear posted:

I'm finding Forza 6 to be utterly difficult to drive well in compared to pcars. I wonder how much of that is due to the Xbox controller versus the ps4 one. Seriously. I can't keep a tidy line to save my life.

I said gently caress it and turned off simulation steering since I'm using a gamepad and always will be. Life got much better.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

Not going to be able to play much tomorrow because I'm granting a kid's Make A Wish thing.

Are you John Cena?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

1951-2001 LEGENDS NEVER DAAAAAAH

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GramCracker posted:

I'm sure this has been discussed - why did Turn10 not decide to actually make the AI less lovely? They have zero situational awareness (this is my biggest issue with them) and every single one drives the exact same drat line and rarely deviates from it.

AI:Forza::Sound:GT

It will never change.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Does this game still do that thing where all the AI drivers drive like poo poo except the top 3?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

comatose posted:

The dude in first place will turbo away from the pack while you're stuck fighting with the drivatards who brake in the strangest spots and hog the whole track when you're trying to pass them. When you do inevitably rear end one of them, they will brake hard and come to an almost complete stop.

God drat it, I walked away for a while because it was basically ruining my SP career thinking they'd fix something so obviously hosed in fairly short order. And, of course, you can't even advance without a podium finish, so hooray re-running races in a series you're just trying to get out of.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

It's not that great. The monza oval is narrow as hell and the transitions are not forgiving. It would be impossible to drive a car in traffic on that with a controller.

It's Forza, they'll just make it wider

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I got an Xbox One as a gift, this system is garbage but I couldn't resist getting the ultimate edition of Forza 6. :kiddo: my screen name is still the same as back in the Forza 4 days, omgitsbees.

It's okay, we know you're here because Gran Turismo has been a dumpster fire for a decade

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

You are a big meanie, but playing GT6 on PS3 was getting to be too much.

I just keep my 360 around for College Slave Labor Football 2014, I feel your pain on that one. God I hope they find a way to make that BC on the XBone.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

ISCI talks about GT a lot for sure and I'm not really sure what the moon stage is supposed to prove other than that Polyphony is terrible at allocating resources, but there's no need to gang up on him. GT Sport will be out soon enough and he'll go back to the GT hugbox, where GT Sport is totally a satisfying product that is exactly what they were hoping would be on PS4 by 2017.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Formula Mazda and Lykan Hypersport kind of make me want this, and I almost never buy DLC.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

L_Harrison posted:

The Lykan is neat, but it drives like a dump truck in the corners. Makes me think it was never truly track-tested, which is probably close to accurate.

Cars don't fly, Dom!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

track day bro! posted:

What the h*ck

What the gently caress

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

L_Harrison posted:

gently caress yeah, day one purchase. VIR is a really fun track.

Hooray, a track I've done the north course configuration of on a motorcycle!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Nah, iRacing still exists.

We all saw you backspace "Gran Turismo" and replace it with iRacing, ISCI

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Crossposting from GTCC, highlights from last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhDEIr7FR70

If you're not already racing with us, you should be.

That garbage car looks like the perfect multiplayer gimmick race car

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Putting VIP on sale last week and then not having the VIP discount apply to this DLC is pretty lovely. I want VIR but I'm not paying $20 for it, and I could give a gently caress about Porsche.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I am so loving sick of public lobby races. 12 people racing and all it takes is one rear end in a top hat to ruin it. I'm not particularly good at this game, but if anyone would like to race some normal-rear end production cars with someone who isn't playing demolition derby tonight, my gamertag is TheScott2K. Hit me up.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

That's where I was remembering it from.

Getting a chance to drive it around in Australia should be fun.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm home a little early tonight. Any interest out there for some laid-back production-car races? I'll join. I have several hours before I have to go.
N/M. Molghandi and I had some fun racing but no one else was available on short notice.

I'm sorry I missed this. If you're on in the evenings this week and want to race, send me a message on XBL. I've been trying to do just some light D and E class races but loving nobody in public is interested in clean racing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

We are doing B class VW busses in GRC tonight at 9. Its clean racing 66% of the time

That sounds awesome, if the baby's asleep and the wife is occupied by then I'm there.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GUYS THE BABY SLEEPIN' LETS RACE CARS

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

It's the same as my username. I can never run for office.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GutBomb posted:

Not exactly Forza 6 related, but Forza Horizon 1 was added to XBox One Backwards Compatibility (and games for gold in September) and good news, the XBone wheels work with it, which bodes well for the other Forza games if they ever make it in the backwards compatibility lineup. I may drive on maple valley with a wheel again someday!

I hope they end up shooting themselves in the foot and releasing Forza 4 on BC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cross-platform play is a pretty decent value-add for those of us who have both, too. I'm sure when I upgrade my PC sometime in the next year, my copy of Forza Horizon 3 will get a second life, which certainly makes me more likely to shell out for the inevitable Porsche and Rally DLC.

• Locked thread