Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

comment on how bitterly cold it is to the Phalloknight. Encourage shrinkage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yknow, we aren't that far from home, are we? Get the Phalloknight high as a loving kite, then when he's good and paranoid, tell him about Jeff.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

"Look dude, I need you to rape my mom's boyfriend. And then kill him. Actually, I'm not worried about the order here, just as long as you check both items off the list."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Main Quest
- wear the helmet.
- save the testicle for later

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sure
+1 to stealth feeding them pixie giblets

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Main Quest
- Fight the guard (kick him in the dick, because our helmet should give us True Cock Sight)
- poison the food.
- Steal whatever looks the most like a priceless family heirloom, and some nice clothes.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Keep the armor for now.
See if the elves will pay in advance. If they will, take whatever they're stupid enough to give us, then pretend like we're going to the Wizard Tower, but actually ditching the quest once we're out of sight of the elves.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gilganixon posted:

1) Terminate the elves with [maximum] prejudice
gently caress you, Jeff! You're all Jeff and you're all dead!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Help Mr. Skeltal get spoopy on some elves.
Dootdoot.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MainQuest
- Loot the elves, ask Thighbone for help since he DID try to axe us.
- Then go see the Wizard. Be chill, he seems like a good guy. Plus, my phone automatically capitalized Wizard when I typed it in, so that's a good sign.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. Nah, I don't see us getting anywhere with that line of inquiry.
2. loving Yes we want in on caravan duty. Why? Because Aggie seems like the sort of person who will back the folks on her side, and more importantly, it's a chance to beat the everfucking hell out of some elves.
I think Elf Hunter should be our calling in life. We travel the countryside knocking the granola out of these fucks, and get paid to do it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

She might be a cool boss, but she is not waifu material for our half Elf hero.
Also, I think she would snap us like kindling whether we were successful or not in our attempts, the only difference would be in what context she does it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. No, stick with Defense
2. The Thermos of Endless (Scalding) Hot Soup?
3. Hell yes, equip skeleton friend.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. Warn the skeletons and prepare to fight.
2. Put our new boots to use. By stomping on elves.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Use the condiment packets

Elves are a bunch of worthless stoners anyways, the pixie bits would probably do nothing they haven't already done to themselves.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Head to the caravan

I think we'll be glad that we saved the pixie bits for later.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Attempt to sneak into the fray and backstab a few Jeffselves

This reminds me: did this book have the item combination mechanic? Or was that in later books? I could have sworn I read something about combining a knife with boots if you had the item cards.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hm, I'm not seeing anything. I know there was something cool with the soup, the oyster and the codpiece, but it was literally only useful for one obscure option.
I thought we had a dagger for some reason, that's why I was thinking about knifeboots.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Outrail posted:

combine the Dapper Clothes and Codpiece

+1 to this.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. Kick his rear end
2. Kick their rear end
3. Yes. Yes. Equip it now.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I am Against combining the Armor and Outfit. I'm pretty sure it leads to losing both cards and getting nothing.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

There's not room in this book for two Elf bastards. Take this gently caress down.
use our violence.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Maybe we should combine the testicle with ourself, and see if we don't get a new form.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

combine the swords
Approach casual. We are legit and delivering goods. Let's not fuckup a good thing.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

+1 to informing these slackfucks that we're here to get paid.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

- Find string, Combine teeth and string into a necklace.
- Find Ted's house. Look for an Insignia Ring of some sort.
- Bequeath the house and everything therein to ourself.

I can't remember how much of that is doable, but, I'm voting for as much of that as I can.

Edit: gently caress, looks like we already have a signet ring. Assuming it's Ted's, skip the second item and get straight to having "Ted" give "Us" the house and posessions.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gilganixon posted:

That ring belongs to Count Hugues "The Mark" of Bilgeton but since he's Tedbald's liege it's probably just as good.

All I'm seeing is a perfect opportunity to impersonate a dead man and will all of his hard earned belongings to ourself before any of his family/loved ones/legal beneficiaries realize he's dead and try to collect their inheritance.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The problem with stealing Ted's life is that people might expect us to do...Ted things.

Whereas, if "Ted" just so happens to leave everything to "Whatever our real name is", then we're free to continue being a lazy piece of poo poo with no marketable skills outside of Elvish Persecution while living high off of Ted's wealth. Plus no needing to cover our tracks when people who know him show up and want to talk or prove we're a fake.

All the good stuff, no chance of responsibility.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Voting to find Karol and then hit on some hens.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Impersonate Ted and sign over all of his property to ourself.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bravely run away - Page 205

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fire the guard. We're Ted now, and we're sick of this oaf lazing about on our coin. He wants to roll dice, send him back to his mama's basement.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Humiliate him. And then lock him in our dungeons. Forever.
Actually, go with Plan Modus Pwnens

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"Foul elf, I have no idea what you are talking about - I am Sir Tedbald of Bilgeton! Begone from my sight!"

Don't even give him the dignity of recognizing him. Besides, if we admit that he raised us than any witnesses will know that we are not, in fact, Sir Tedbald.

Oh poo poo. That WOULD be like Jeff, getting us to indirectly admit that we're a fraud so he can steal our stuff.

Changing my vote to: Throw his rear end in the dungeons for besmirching our good name.
Formerly: The UltraHappyBastard Ending

Edit:
I'll spoil this since it's speculation and probably wrong:

If I recall correctly, and there's a very good chance I'm not (I read this off the Two Fist wiki, which has virtually no content, and looks like it was run through Babelfish more than a few times)

Mom actually kicks Jeff out not long after we get kicked out. See, she knew all along that he was a massive prick, but she was hoping that he would be enough of a father figure to us that we'd straighten up and be a respectable member of elf society with enough tough love. But, without us in the house for them to focus their mutual disappointment on, mom realized just how incompatible they really were and how much of a dick he is to everybody, not just us.

Now, like I said, the wiki for this is beyond unreliable, so it's possible none of this is remotely true, or it references a different book (It actually does list different character names, though I think that's just a language thing), so take it with as much salt as you can safely consume in any given moment of skepticism, but, there you go.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 29, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

To all of you voting for Ironic Justice, remember that Jeff is an elf.
His idea of being productive would be duping us out of our own ill-gotten gains.

We're only a halfbreed, which gives us some advantages, but ultimately, we shouldn't be trying to out-elf an elf.

The longer he isn't dead or locked up and forgotten about, the more likely we are to lose everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hell yes, this was a fun game. Makes me wish I had gotten into them when I was younger.
I may have been too young though. I did like the other, more traditional CYOA books growing up, but I think I'd have had a blast with these more in-depth ones.

• Locked thread