Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

patentmagus posted:

Mike got arrested because there is a warrant due to an unpaid fine. Probably for an unpaid weed and litter type infraction because he chained his old bike somewhere and then just left it there.

No, it's because of Donna committing fraud when she convinced that one couple to have their wedding somewhere else by taking on a false identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

No, it's because of Donna committing fraud when she convinced that one couple to have their wedding somewhere else by taking on a false identity.

Ah yes. Donna is a fraud.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

patentmagus posted:

Ah yes. Donna is a fraud.

Donna Martin Graduate!

Oh, wait - wrong series.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'm catching up on season 5, and it's really fun to look at Harvey/Mike from the Rosencrantz and Guidenstern angle. Like I'm imagining some associate or paralegal at various meetings, they're sitting at a meeting, Harvey storms in yelling & screaming, and 15 minutes later they have a mountain of new paperwork on their desk that has to be done within an hour.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
I'm catching up, and watching Season 4 now, and decided to post in the most recent Suits thread: I'm watching episode 12, "Respect": Is it just me, or is the rooftop scene at the beginning some of the worst green-screening ever?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rohaq posted:

I'm catching up, and watching Season 4 now, and decided to post in the most recent Suits thread: I'm watching episode 12, "Respect": Is it just me, or is the rooftop scene at the beginning some of the worst green-screening ever?

Yeah, it was just shockingly bad.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Rohaq posted:

It was horrible.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Interns gotta get their feet wet at some point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC part of the problem is that they tried to do a fancy fake crane shot and they just didn't have the time/money/talent for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Show returns January 27th at 10/9.

The ad they aired last night definitely made it look like they're not going to do a cop out with this and Mike is actually being arrested/charged in regards to him not being a lawyer.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Show returns January 27th at 10/9.

The ad they aired last night definitely made it look like they're not going to do a cop out with this and Mike is actually being arrested/charged in regards to him not being a lawyer.

I'm sure after 1 episode it'll be resolved. :shrug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And that's how the series ends, with Mike murdered by Robert Zane. The end.

Edit: Hopefully Mike brings up the assault and intimidation because you can't physically beat up someone to try and intimidate them to make a deal.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 28, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly this Federal prosecutor lady seems like a real terrible person. I mean we know Mike is a fraud, but the evidence is not there, so the way she's handling this is just crazy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with this so far is that they're going a little too far with making the prosecutor a terrible person. Also I may not know much about law but I'm pretty sure everything involving this US Marshall guy has been illegal as hell.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Someone on twitter made this to make life easier. This was as it was before the episode, and I'd edit it to remove the people who would be eliminated but I'm too tired to find the Magnifying Glass emoji tonight.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The prosecutor is going to be to incompetent to actually win the case right? Maybe if she could invest a few days into finding actual evidence (which has to exist) instead of running around telling everyone to make a "deal", she would actually get people to make a "deal".

I'm pretty confident that Mike will get out of this through some technicality or shady play by the opposition, which is your typical Suits bullshit.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm glad that Mike's fraud status is finally out in the open and being prosecuted, seems like just the booster shot the show needed. This prosecutor is exactly as corrupt and shady as all the other prosecutors so far, I got a kick out of Mike using his memory twice in the same episode, complete with 1 time being him just being an rear end in a top hat.

I'd go all in on Bowden being the one who turned him in, with second most likely being Hardman. He's the most likely to tell the Feds by far, but also I can't recall him ever finding out about Mike, which is kind of a big issue there.

Okay, I just realized the best possible scenario: Hardman turned in Mike just making poo poo up (i.e. not knowing Mike's big secret) to try to get Harvey super-mega out of the firm, since he knew Harvey was about to resign and that would make him look guilty. The prosecutor is either an outright ally of Hardman or just being played by him. Mike and Harvey will run all over the place looking for who leaked the secret, but it turns out that no one did, someone "lied" about it though. Classic :russo:.

God this is so up Suits' alley that it's my new #1 theory.

Edit: Please keep passing along that image gallery with the latest updates Senerio, I dig stuff like that.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 28, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is there another season ordered? Could be a good series finale. Mike gets out of it but he still wants to resign and does and Harvey has his rep tarnished from the allegation and goes onto do his own thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Senerio posted:

Someone on twitter made this to make life easier. This was as it was before the episode, and I'd edit it to remove the people who would be eliminated but I'm too tired to find the Magnifying Glass emoji tonight.

Harold? loving Harold was a suspect? That's about as likely as it being the guy at the food truck they're always going to.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kwyndig posted:

Harold? loving Harold was a suspect? That's about as likely as it being the guy at the food truck they're always going to.

There are multiple people in that screenshot who have shared like one scene with Mike, if that, ever. I like how my #1 about-100%-unlikely-but-would-be-interesting guess Harvey is still a suspect.

NowonSA posted:

Edit: Please keep passing along that image gallery with the latest updates Senerio, I dig stuff like that.
If you go to the Who Sold Mike Out site and the Suits Instagram, you can knock a few more dudes out and I'll edit it into the thing. I've been having trouble finding the letters they want.
http://usanetwork.com/whosoldmikeout
https://www.instagram.com/suits_usa/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that Trevor is on there even after saying he didn't do it. Also this whole thing seems rather elaborate for something that's only going to last one week since they said they're revealing who did it next week.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kind of weird that Trevor is on there even after saying he didn't do it. Also this whole thing seems rather elaborate for something that's only going to last one week since they said they're revealing who did it next week.

It's been up since winter, and also I don't think we'll actually find out next week.
I found the code: subpoena. This eliminates: Cameron, Tanner, Father Walker, Woodall and Katrina

This leaves the following still as suspects:
Forstman
Claire
Hardman
Dr. Agard
Harvey
Malone
Jimmy
Sidwell
Professor Gerard
Rachel
Cahill
Sheila
Tony Gionopoulus
Trevor

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

What was their reasoning versus yours?
Most of the people they were thinking handed him in ultimately did it for some self-serving purpose. I wanted the person to hand him in because it was the right thing to do.

From the ew.com interview with the showrunner http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/27/suits-season-5-winter-premiere-spoilers

Eliminates all the "previous adversaries" in the list of potential suspects leaving us with

Claire
Dr. Agard
Harvey
Jimmy
Sidwell
Professor Gerard
Rachel
Sheila
Trevor

My guess is that it's Claire, because that is the most obvious "good person" to do it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hey look it's Patty.

Anyway I'm really surprised they are going through with this, but at least it's gonna be interesting how they somehow resolve this scenario. Mike is still an idiot, and if he goes to jail Rachel won't be waiting for him I don't care what she says.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Hey look it's Patty.

They should being Shantel VanSanten in as Evil Rachel in some competing Law Firm next season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fact that Trevor wasn't eliminated after saying he didn't (and other people who said the same thing are) means he did it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The fact that Trevor wasn't eliminated after saying he didn't (and other people who said the same thing are) means he did it.

He's definitely up there since there would be no other reason to bring him back. Come to Jesus and repent Mike!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Would Sheila also have a Harvard faculty email address?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Gerard didn't do it but he's still going to be in the episode?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I mean I know I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief, but really? Investigate a lawyer based on an anonymous e-mail about a lawyer being a "potential fraud" and automatically jumping to the conclusion he didn't go to law school, despite Harvard and the state bar having official records of him attending and graduating from law school and passing the bar?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Oh hey, Donna is working for Harvey again. Totally didn't see that coming.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Louis screws things up yet again (presumably Sheila wouldn't have come forward if he hadn't provoked her like that), what a surprise. She still has no proof though beyond "I remember everything" anyway - although claiming that has worked for Mike in the past I guess. I think this is going to be another case of Harvey+Mike digging up enough dirt on the prosecutor to get her to drop it or get arrested herself, like if they can prove that the marshal tried to rough Mike up to coerce a confession. Either that or they go the sappy route and get Sheila and Louis back together and she retracts the letter.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

gret posted:

I mean I know I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief, but really? Investigate a lawyer based on an anonymous e-mail about a lawyer being a "potential fraud" and automatically jumping to the conclusion he didn't go to law school, despite Harvard and the state bar having official records of him attending and graduating from law school and passing the bar?

I thought my theory was dead after seeing Sheila appear to be the source for the investigation, but this gives me hope that Hardman's behind everything after all. Sheila sent an anonymous email saying that someone may not have gone to Harvard, they aren't in the file book, okay great, but it's a long leap from that to making a full-on arrest convinced you have the evidence to win the case. Like, there's a 0% chance she wins that case based just on that letter, at a minimum she would want to have Sheila on the record and then start the subpoena train, and then move on to arrests after the subpoena train finds something.

I do find it hilarious that because one lawyer might be a fraud and some people at a firm knew about it she gets to subpoena literally all files in a giant New York law firm, that seems like it would violate all kinds of client privacy rights. PSL wishes it could get bullshit like "give me literally all your documents" to fly, must be nice to be in the DA's office.

Since all the DA's moves seem to be attempts to trap somebody, I think that Louis led them straight to Sheila, because if you're going after ALL FILES then you may as well put a tail on ALL MANAGING PARTNERS. Or yeah, we can chalk it up to round 50 of Louis screws everything up again

Unless they're ending the show or greatly mixing it up with a timeskip or something I expect Mike to completely beat these charges somehow, it's going to be a hell of a ride seeing how they get there though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Show has already been picked up for another season so they are going to move past this one way or another.

My biggest issue is that other grudges on this show are generally explained, yet this woman seems to have nothing besides Harvey's reputation. Seems like a lot to hang a firm on, unless I missed a motive in there somewhere.

As for how they get out of it, I'm betting they illegally tracked Louis somehow and the ex gave it up when confronted. Harvey and Mike figure it out, case goes away, Louis is the whipping boy once again.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

The problem with your theories is that the show is completely arbitrary when it decides what is and isn't a big deal in terms of the law. The case is just as likely to be solved with a boxing match between the Evil Opposing Lawyer #42414 and Donna as it is with actual logic or law. At least this time there's kind of almost real stakes involved and this will presumably finally put an end to the whole Mike drama once and for all. They're going to have to figure out a new go-to problem for next season's finales. Or they'll just have someone come after The Firm or Jessica again. Hey as long as it stays fun...

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yeah I know, it's basically just a fun theme park ride at this point.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I stopped looking for legitimate legal things in Suits once I saw "USA Network presents"

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Catching up on Season 5. Boy do I love watching Louis get poo poo on :allears:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Wouldn't a lawyer possibly being a fake be a big deal though? An then if he's found out to be fake all his cases are tainted and can be thrown out or over turned no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Wouldn't a lawyer possibly being a fake be a big deal though? An then if he's found out to be fake all his cases are tainted and can be thrown out or over turned no?

Giovanni di Stefano got 14 years in jail but I think he was corrupt as gently caress do it's hard to tell how much of that is just from pretending to be a lawyer.

• Locked thread