Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Honestly it's pounding in my head that it's Mith but I'm so tangled up now I don't want to gently caress it up I can see it all happening again. This is just gaspy versus anidav round two. I can catch a scum but I can't win a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

No gently caress it. There is no way Mith would be alive by now with Beet on the scum team, and her posting has been way off all game. I think this is it.

##vote Mithranderp

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm not quite feeling Mith yet. If she is scum here it also means that she might win this game but her entire "never lying" meta is shot.

I have some theories based on who will show up alive tomorrow but I'm not sure we're ready for that level of WIFOM yet.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Birdstrike posted:

The rush on Anidav yesterday obviously makes me suss on MaliciousOnion, who may have seen an opportunity to pop in, guarantee Anidav's lynch if perhaps not that quickly, move quickly into the night phase. I know MO has professed to be suss on Anidav the whole game but the vote without discussion looks a little like a last surviving scum trying to take what they can get.

I didn't bother giving a reason with my vote because I'd already given a reason earlier. Besides, others have voted without giving reasons.

I'm still not convinced of Birdstrike and am a little suss on Gwyn. Mith is a blank, and Gaspy seems town. Gonna re-read the thread and see if anything stands out.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I guess I'm slightly less suss on Gwyn because there's a fair bit of data there.

Argh the rush last night is pinging me though.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

I guess I'm slightly less suss on Gwyn because there's a fair bit of data there.

Argh the rush last night is pinging me though.

What's the data on Gwyn? I'm happy with anything that removes him from my suspicions.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

What's the data on Gwyn? I'm happy with anything that removes him from my suspicions.

Ehh maybe not "data" but at least posts compared to MO and Mith.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

Ehh maybe not "data" but at least posts compared to MO and Mith.

Oh right.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm honestly finding you a little hard to follow at the moment birdstrike. Your elimination brings it down to MO but I thought earlier you said it couldn't be MO as "scum wouldn't be lurking" but now you're holding his lurking against him as a scum move?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That sAid I'm glad you're saying SOMETHING.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think it was Anidav who said that scum wouldn't be lurking.
On more than one occasion I suggested that scum wouldn't be engaging with the game too much and at no point have I ruled out MO.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

I think it was Anidav who said that scum wouldn't be lurking.
On more than one occasion I suggested that scum wouldn't be engaging with the game too much and at no point have I ruled out MO.

Hmm

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

I think Onion is far too lurky to be the last remaining scum. Mithranderp, Gwynplaine or Birdstrike. In my honest opinion, Mithranderp does usually die early and despite having exam commitments essentially over is still posting infrequently.

Ofcourse I do note that scum are keeping me alive again and usually have the tactic of hoping I get lynched on the final day so I do also advise to lynch me now and pray someone less lynchable ends up in my place if this game does last that long.

Therefore, I do not wish to be the lynch puppet of Matthew Beet and wholly recommend you lynch me if you have no better options.

First sentence.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I went over your posts looking for a SCUM SLIP

Birdstrike posted:

I can go into more detail on the Beet thing if needed and I actually went back from the hiip/beet wagon theory. I keep saying I think the scum are quiet because in my experience that's how one survives as scum.

but it turns out yeah, that's actually what you said. My bad.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Do you or anyone else who's here have any thoughts on last night's vote?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Bit of a goof

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Bit of a goof

This really isn't the time for goofs.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

It never is.

Gonna try the time tested back to the beginning approach. See if anything becomes clearer.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I love that there's so much dedicated lurking this game scum can ride it out right to the very end. Top work. Just great.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Sorry. Wasn't really feeling it.

Mith, i guess.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I too apologise, I haven't had a whole lot of new insights this afternoon.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:ghost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGj6N7hQjt4 :ghost:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'll do one of those little rundowns everyone loves doing and bounce some ideas around, from most scummy to least scummy.

Mith: way, way, WAY quieter this game, even after saying she'd be able to contribute more this game. She's done one tiny little effort post compared to her normal analysis. Yes she's been hammering the scum, but only after they were done deals, I could buy that as an attempt to win town points, given "who didn't vote" tends to be where people look first. Also this is VERY doublethink but Mith tends to be very tricksy in her approach whereas this time she's just very standard town.

Gwyn: simplest explanation for why I'm still alive, none of his normal big rambling effort posts; could be trying to keep his head down.

MO: super lurky

Birdstrike: just seems to be playing exactly the same as always, very scattergun and playful, big claims and bold, but underneath it it all rings true. I'm not sure Bird is clever enough to completely mask himself as scum, think he'd have slipped at some point.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
:ghost: p rude 2 squirrel imo :ghost:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I think Birdstrike is INCREDIBLY clever, it's no slight against him that I don't think he can completely mask himself to an extent never seen before in mafia.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zetsubou-san is awarded 10 bonus JoJo points* for pointing out one of its abundant musical references!

*JoJo points have no in-game value and can only be redeemed for immaterial feelings of fabulousness

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

I think Birdstrike is INCREDIBLY clever, it's no slight against him that I don't think he can completely mask himself to an extent never seen before in mafia.

hahaha

*squirrel cuddle*

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Soo... I'm not quite sold on Mith but she isn't really helping here.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm almost out of battery on my phone, if you all get a better idea than mith please coordinate around that, I may not be able to move my vote even in the light of new data.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

irl problems are clouding Gwynstinct. I've had too much Camus.

##vote Mithranderp

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I understand the votes but would prefer to talk this through before hammering, or at least hear from the others.

It's what Bif would want.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Oh yeah, mafia is a thing that still exists.

I'ma stick with my Birdstrike theory today.

Birdstrike or Anidav.

Or Gwyn.

Or Gaspy

anyway

##vote Birdstrike

I'm town tho :v:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

The only other possibility that's occurred to me is that this is some sort of Gaspy masterstroke. The likes of which could play out if him and Beet were team mates. His early deductions and eliminations of the other team members would be the perfect cover, and would remove all suspicion of him, allowing him to remove everyone else until it's just me and him, and then he'd win anyway.

Sounds ridiculous when I say it, though. And honestly, if that IS what's happening, I wouldn't wanna interfere with it. It's loving genius.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

The only other possibility that's occurred to me is that this is some sort of Gaspy masterstroke. The likes of which could play out if him and Beet were team mates. His early deductions and eliminations of the other team members would be the perfect cover, and would remove all suspicion of him, allowing him to remove everyone else until it's just me and him, and then he'd win anyway.

Sounds ridiculous when I say it, though. And honestly, if that IS what's happening, I wouldn't wanna interfere with it. It's loving genius.

It occurred to me too and I don't think it's ridiculous, it's something you have to keep in mind at this stage.

I can't really see it though through D2. Maybe in D1 when he seemed to be onto him from the start.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mithranderp posted:

Oh yeah, mafia is a thing that still exists.

I'ma stick with my Birdstrike theory today.

Birdstrike or Anidav.

Or Gwyn.

Or Gaspy

anyway

##vote Birdstrike

I'm town tho :v:

Anidav? It's like you want to get lynched :cheeky:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I have a theory. Bear with me while i write it up on my phone.

Also tomorrow is probably lylo, assuming there's only one scum left.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I hope this is the best theory ever.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Birdstrike posted:

Anidav? It's like you want to get lynched :cheeky:

oh lol

yeah I was at a family dinner last night and forgot who got lynched :v:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

First of all, it's important to remember there are no roles. Everyone's vanilla, so scum don't need to worry about cops or other investigators. This is a big plus to the scum, because all they need to do is keep their heads down and not draw attention.

Gaspy was on to Beet from day 1 and seemed certain that he was scum, going so far as to vote for him two days in a row, at which point Beet was lynched. Now, if there's no investigative roles, who else could be certain that Beet was scum? Only another scum. I believe Gaspy conspired to set himself up as a pro-town goody two-shoes player from day 1. A bold move, sure, but it worked for me until today.

Now it's entirely possible Gaspy just happened to finger Beet as scum but to me it seems to have happened far too quickly.

After Beet left, Happy became a lot less focused. This seems like a sensible move for a scum: set yourself up as pro-town early on, then back off and avoid drawing too much attention. As the days progress and the numbers dwindle, this becomes increasingly important. Despite taking a less confronting role, however, Gaspy has still tried to influence the narrative - an odd comment here or there in an attempt to set up others for future lynchings.

A clever, gutsy play, and one I fell for at the start; however, I'm pretty confident in this.

##vote Asphyxious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
That's a pretty good theory, I will consider it.

• Locked thread