Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You're such a bastard Gaspy (but I was still being facetious about how angry I was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Thanks Bif, great game. The lack of roles was really interesting.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
That is to say, GG.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
This is good

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
so sphyxy

did you deliberately bus beets, or make the best of a bad situation? lemonade and lemons?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I feel like this thread is some sort of exaggerated 1950s PSA film about the dangers of lurking.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
speedwagon was rolling in his grave

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

gg gaspy, well played

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I can't believe I missed Gwyn's post about Gaspy; I think that was my undoing. Good job on the risky play, Gaspy, and almost pulling it off flawlessly.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

white mans burping posted:

so sphyxy

did you deliberately bus beets, or make the best of a bad situation? lemonade and lemons?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzcv_co8l44

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

bonus video that explains a PM bif got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8kCA8lzdw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aaaaaaahaha now I get it. Since the game had no jesters I never even thought of that, but that's great that I rolled Messina for Anidav's role.

BTW the extra role I had to stretch for was actually a generic "Nazi scientist", which Gwyn got. The squirrel survivor was always planned from the start. :3:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh wow! I just realised I was right about the survivor too!

Totally missed that when I read the flip.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Great game Bif. Really sorry for not getting more stuck in.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh wow! I just realised I was right about the survivor too!

Totally missed that when I read the flip.

Yeah it was hilarious how early you called the Beet/Gaspy theory. I thought Birb was gonna be as good as town when 2 scum fell that fast, but if he'd held out to the final 3 it could've been an interesting kingmaker scenario.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah it was hilarious how early you called the Beet/Gaspy theory. I thought Birb was gonna be as good as town when 2 scum fell that fast, but if he'd held out to the final 3 it could've been an interesting kingmaker scenario.

I had to kill Birb though because I doubt Gwyn would have voted for him. It had to be someone he wasn't buddy buddy with.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

I had to kill Birb though because I doubt Gwyn would have voted for him. It had to be someone he wasn't buddy buddy with.

yeah you totally rigged the deck there. as soon as i realised it was you and gwyn and someone else on the final day i knew (a) you were scum and (b) you had it in the bag

gg all

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah, probably. I was rooting for the squirrel but was also real happy with my tribute once he bit it. :3:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kat Delacour posted:

Haha you two finally got in the same scum team

This post basically made me poo poo my pants.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The thing that made me angry was that I knew it but I didn't trust it. Aside from the opening slap fight, I found all of your "BEET IS DOING THIS" fist shaking at the sky even more suspicious because you're rarely so transparent about your internal machinations. I blame Anidav though. Had he not stormed in with a tirade of stupidity I might have left my vote and pushed it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kat Delacour posted:

The thing that made me angry was that I knew it but I didn't trust it. Aside from the opening slap fight, I found all of your "BEET IS DOING THIS" fist shaking at the sky even more suspicious because you're rarely so transparent about your internal machinations. I blame Anidav though. Had he not stormed in with a tirade of stupidity I might have left my vote and pushed it.

The proper use and application of Anidav is an important factor in scum play. I kept drawing attention away from him to save him for a "rainy day".

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
That I know this and I still fall for it every time out of some combination of spite and fury is the reason why he's still my default vote every single time.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
what was anidav even on about with that

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And yet, somehow my play to vote him early last game was "the untowniest thing I ever said" :colbert:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

And yet, somehow my play to vote him early last game was "the untowniest thing I ever said" :colbert:

(that was a bullshit argument made against you)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw if I ever get around to my part 3 game (I think I could handle it with a slow 2-day pace) the fakeclaims are going to be very lovingly crafted, so watch out :getin:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
kill anidav night 1 to make town think there aren't any scum in a game imo

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Seagull posted:

kill anidav night 1 to make town think there aren't any scum in a game imo

in the mario mafia game i ran with sk, gough suppressant completely flipped his poo poo and argued that there were no scum and everyone needed to stop lynching each other

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

That's what I thought, but then the sensor said only 1 scum, so I was like whaaaaat :cheeky:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

anidav is about due to be actually lynched Day 1

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Seagull posted:

what was anidav even on about with that

You know how sometimes when people are drunk as hell they will be talking to you but then they get lost in thought and when they start talking again they're continuing the conversation from their own brain rather than what everyone was actually talking about? Yeah.

Those On My Left posted:

in the mario mafia game i ran with sk, gough suppressant completely flipped his poo poo and argued that there were no scum and everyone needed to stop lynching each other

I thought this too. I remember you commented that statistically we should have killed a scum by accident, we went on for so long I started to think the game was a weird metaphor for "restarts will fix everything" and the lynch cleared all corruption.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Yeah this. When Beet was like "whoa so scummy!" I was thinking no.. no she's right.. but it was your reaction to getting called out that made me suss. You were actually on the money.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah this. When Beet was like "whoa so scummy!" I was thinking no.. no she's right.. but it was your reaction to getting called out that made me suss. You were actually on the money.

I was kind of glad to go early though, can you imagine how much chaos there might have been if I got some night actions off? It was like a bus driver, which is bad enough, but even I wouldn't know who the hell they got bussed with

Not that I was going to let that stop me from trying it if I'd lived though, cause why spoil the fun? :buddy:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wooo scum.

Good work gaspy. Expertly played.

I thought you'd all call gaspy on his theatrics about still fighting beet through the scum doc. It was so painfully ham fisted.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Wooo scum.

Good work gaspy. Expertly played.

I thought you'd all call gaspy on his theatrics about still fighting beet through the scum doc. It was so painfully ham fisted.

I WAS fighting you in scumdoc! You're like "dial it back a bit bro" and I'm like "gently caress YOU DAD, PEDAL TO THE METAL!"

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Never lynch Bif day one.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

You know how sometimes when people are drunk as hell they will be talking to you but then they get lost in thought and when they start talking again they're continuing the conversation from their own brain rather than what everyone was actually talking about? Yeah.

I thought this too. I remember you commented that statistically we should have killed a scum by accident, we went on for so long I started to think the game was a weird metaphor for "restarts will fix everything" and the lynch cleared all corruption.

yeah the probabilities were that if you guys had been picking at random, the probabilities of consecutively lynching as many townies as you did was ~5%.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also full disclosure:

I was the rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i'm not mad about being killed

i'm mad that it was speedwagon

• Locked thread