Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I think I know what I'm doing this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Just want to say I approve of your avatar.

Also Friday's good for me.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Got mine. I have no loving idea what any of the flavour means.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

What the hell is a Ripple user?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

A wagon of cattes sounds quite awesome.

ftfy

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

you know, the problem with what happened last game was that everyone always votes every game anidav to the point where it's lost all meaning regardless of if he's scum or not. you just never know if it's a policy vote.

Matthew Beet posted:

gotta protect your scum pals huh?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I agree that lynching Anidav D1 indoor because he's Anidav is a dumb play. OTOH, asking to be lynched is an even more dumb play. There's no data to be gleaned from it. Leaning toward Anidav because of this but it's still early.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

MaliciousOnion posted:

I agree that lynching Anidav D1 indoor because he's Anidav is a dumb play. OTOH, asking to be lynched is an even more dumb play. There's no data to be gleaned from it. Leaning toward Anidav because of this but it's still early.

-indoor

Don't even know how that got in there.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Anidav posted:

Look at this fence sitting scum move.

I'm not fence sitting. I'll vote for you if nothing else becomes apparent.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Anidav posted:

But in Auspol. "Maybe I will just vote Anidav" is a very in-house grown form of fence sitting.

I don't give a single gently caress what happens to me but I will absolutely point out when I feel I'm being used for scum narrative pushing and dumb lazy boy snowball maintenance.

I don't get it. You tell us to lynch you (an anti-town move), I indicate that I'd probably vote to lynch you because of said anti-town move (not at all "maybe I'll just vote Anidav") and you call me out on it? I don't care if voting you is policy, I care about making a pro-town play.

If people are half-joking about policy lynching you, don't agree with them. Just say that policy lynches are bad and move on. Telling us to lynch you is a lovely gambit at best and doesn't help anyone but scum.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Well i'd try to trot out examples of you being right but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:vince:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Your new playstyle is really working for you. Either this was a sweet town pick or your scum bussing knows no bounds.

Interestingly, TOML was the only player that HiipFire voted for.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

It's not completely vanilla. I'm an even night poison doctor.

Dropping a roleclaim this early seems a bit suspicious.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Sorry, been busy prepping for my daughter's birthday party tomorrow.

Birdstrike posted:

lol

##vote Anidav

Birdstrike, why have you taken your vote off a near-lynch to target Anidav?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah I haven't posted much but that's pretty normal for me.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Hi, super busy today (daughter's birthday party). If there is also a scum, surely they'd have to have alternating night kills?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Edit: scum=sk

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

OK, today's party is over and I've caught up on the thread properly.

I was thinking Anidav was scummy D1 and nothing has changed that feeling

##vote Anidav

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Anidav posted:

I am who I am.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zetsubou-san posted:

hmm. no, you weren't. at most you were saying anidav was a bad player

##vote MaliciousOnion

Uh...

MaliciousOnion posted:

MaliciousOnion posted:

I'm not fence sitting. I'll vote for you if nothing else becomes apparent.

I might not have voted for him in the end but the intent was there.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Another birthday party today (kill my are self) but I should be able to check in more often.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

OK birthday parties are loving done. I've re-read the thread and my biggest scum picks are Anidav (still) and Birdstrike. I'm fairly certain Gaspy is Town. Not feeling strongly enough on anyone at this stage of today though.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also I feel like Kat is town and am not sure why Gaspy is voting for her?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

I think we're all kind of floundering at least a little bit at this point...

:agreed:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Gwynplaine posted:

Strike/ Anidav is today's coin.

Do we just pick one and see which way the chips fall? For me, Anidav has been doing dumb poo poo since D1 and hasn't done much to redeem himself, although from what I understand that could be situation normal for Anidav. Birdstrike, on the other hand, hasn't been as overt as Anidav but a few small things have made me suspicious, which honestly seems more like scum to me.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Phone posting atm, I'll give more info soon.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also I can understand people being wary of me, what with my absences. I didn't realise I'd be as busy as I was, and if I knew I was I wouldn't have joined the game. I have a lot more time now though.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

I'm all for people being suss on me, especially at this stage of the game where we need to be mindful of everyone.

But you'll want to spell it out because there were hours today where I was talking to myself so I'm not taking any poo poo, especially from people who haven't engaged with the game because that is what scum do.

OK, getting back to this post. D1 you started RPing a squirrel, which seems far-fetched as a flavour, considering there's plenty of actual characters {pretty weak, expecially considering Bif said flavour won't help, but it just doesn't seem to fit). Also the whole RP thing strikes me as a diversionary tactic. On D2 you took your vote off Beet when his lynch was gaining momentum the first time but then re-voted later in the day when he started gaining momentum a second time, being second last to the hammer. Decided to get on the inevitable lynch and bus Beet after all? D3 you suggest that, while scum may have bussed HiipFire, surely they wouldn't bus Beet too! which incidentally just happens to clear yourself. You also mention scum will probably be quiet - another attempt to throw suspicion off yourself?

Like I said, not a lot but I just get a feeling.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also please bear in mind I don't really know anyone's play styles that well yet.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

##vote Anidav

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

The rush on Anidav yesterday obviously makes me suss on MaliciousOnion, who may have seen an opportunity to pop in, guarantee Anidav's lynch if perhaps not that quickly, move quickly into the night phase. I know MO has professed to be suss on Anidav the whole game but the vote without discussion looks a little like a last surviving scum trying to take what they can get.

I didn't bother giving a reason with my vote because I'd already given a reason earlier. Besides, others have voted without giving reasons.

I'm still not convinced of Birdstrike and am a little suss on Gwyn. Mith is a blank, and Gaspy seems town. Gonna re-read the thread and see if anything stands out.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I have a theory. Bear with me while i write it up on my phone.

Also tomorrow is probably lylo, assuming there's only one scum left.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

First of all, it's important to remember there are no roles. Everyone's vanilla, so scum don't need to worry about cops or other investigators. This is a big plus to the scum, because all they need to do is keep their heads down and not draw attention.

Gaspy was on to Beet from day 1 and seemed certain that he was scum, going so far as to vote for him two days in a row, at which point Beet was lynched. Now, if there's no investigative roles, who else could be certain that Beet was scum? Only another scum. I believe Gaspy conspired to set himself up as a pro-town goody two-shoes player from day 1. A bold move, sure, but it worked for me until today.

Now it's entirely possible Gaspy just happened to finger Beet as scum but to me it seems to have happened far too quickly.

After Beet left, Happy became a lot less focused. This seems like a sensible move for a scum: set yourself up as pro-town early on, then back off and avoid drawing too much attention. As the days progress and the numbers dwindle, this becomes increasingly important. Despite taking a less confronting role, however, Gaspy has still tried to influence the narrative - an odd comment here or there in an attempt to set up others for future lynchings.

A clever, gutsy play, and one I fell for at the start; however, I'm pretty confident in this.

##vote Asphyxious

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Sorry, had to eat dinner too

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Gaspy needs a phone with better battery.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I'm here.

This is a tough lylo. Mith has given pretty much zero data, while Gaspy went pro-town early on.

My theory is that Gaspy elected to keep the two lurkiest townies in the hope that one of us would vote for the other and then he can hammer. Keeping Birdstrike instead of one of us would've been a risk, especially after he seemed on board with my theory from yesterday.

##vote Asphyxious

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

##unvote

Care to make a case then?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

No, I thought it up all by myself. I didn't even see Gwyn's post. Interesting that he came to the same conclusion as me, though.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

And now that you're so close to the win your tactic is to target me in the hope that Gwyn thinks I'm the scum.

Out of you and Gwyn, I still think you're the scum.

##vote Asphyxious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

gg

• Locked thread