Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Emma on the day poo poo hit the fan in NYC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Definitely how it happened, canon now.

Also kinda weird it has 3:00 and not 3 o'clock. Must be the Marvel style guide or something.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
pre:
Code Name: 
Height: 6'
Weight: 160 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black (feathers)
Skin: Dusky (and finely scaled)

Power Level: 9
Power Points: 135

Abilities:			46 points
STR 4		(+4)		8 points
CON 5		(+5)		10 points
AGL 7		(+7)		14 points
DEX 0 		(+0)		0 points
FGT 3		(+2)		6 points
INT 0		(+0)		0 points
AWE 1 		(+1)		2 points
PRE 3		(+3)		6 points

Saves:				20 points
Toughness     	5/9 = (con) + 0 + (Defensive Roll 4)
Fortitude	9 = (con) + 4		4 points
Dodge		9 = (agl) + 2		2 points
Will		9 = (awe) + 8		8 points
Parry		9 = (fgt) + 6		6 points

Combat:				6 points

Close-Combat (Hand to Hand):	9 = (Fgt) + 6
Close-Combat (Grab): = 9 = (Fgt) + 6
Attack: Hand to Hand, Tooth & Claw +9 			

Initiative:  
+11

Powers:				18 points	

Predator Senses		5 points
Total Cost: 1/Rank		Base Cost: 1/Rank
Action:	None		Save: None
Range: Permanent		Duration: Instant
Extras: Scent: (Acute, Extended 2, Tracking,) Low-light vision
Effects:
Regina possesses keen eyesight that well discerns detail even in 
areas of limited light.  More impressive, though, her sense of smell
is more animal than human, able to pick out fine details by her nose,
detect scents at long distances, and track by smell alone.

Tooth, Claw, and Sickle Talons		5 points
Action:	Standard		Save: None
Range:  Close		Duration: Instant
Effects: Damage
Modifiers:  Strength-Based
When threatened or hunting, Regina manifests the natural weapons of her 
primaeval ilk.  Tooth and claw, certainly, but most frightening of all, from 
her largest two toes sprout a pair of wickedly curved sickle-shaped talons 
fully four inches following the base along the curve to the tip of the blade.

Raptor Racing			5 points
Effects: Speed.
Regina's powerful legs, built with millions of years of predatory 
evolution and charged with mutant energies, carry her at speeds up
to sixty miles per hour.

Pouncing			3 points
Action:	Move			
Effects:  Leaping

Regina's springy, high tension leg muscles allow her to
cover sixty feet in a single leap. 

Advantages:				13 points

Accurate Attack
All-Out Attack
Defensive Roll x 4
Evasion
Fast Grab
Improved Initiative
Move By Attack
Power Attack
Uncanny Dodge
Tracking

Skills:		SKILL	MATH	31 points
Acrobatics		18	AGI + 11	5.5
Athletics		16	STR + 12	7
Deception		4	PRE + 1		.5
Expertise
 - Pop Culture		4	INT + 4		2
 - Music info		4	INT + 4		2
 - Science		1	INT + 1		.5
Intimidate		9	PRE + 6		3
Perform
 - Singing		10	PRE + 7		3.5
Perception		8	AWE + 7		3.5
Persuasion		8	PRE + 5		2.5
Stealth			11	AGL + 4		2

Totals:
Attributes: 46
Combat: 6
Saves: 20
Powers: 18
Feats: 13
Skills: 32
Total: 135

Complications: Obvious Mutant - Ever since “The Canine incident,” Regina's more primal DNA rests much closer to the surface than it used to do. Rather than hair, her dark mowhawk is composed of a crest of dark feathers. A close look at her dusky skin reveals a fine mesh of tan scales, her smile shows dentition which is rather more carnivorous than your average human, and there's something eerie about her eyes... almost reptilian and avian at the same time. What's more, Regina's appearance flows with her powers, such that she becomes visibly more saurian and less human the more she uses her deinonychus capabilities.

Motivations: Get Her Act Together aka Learn to Live with the Lizard – Regina joined Ms Frost's program out of a desire to get her powers and the instincts underlying them under control. Her infraction was relatively minor, except to PETA, but it truly highlighted how dangerous she could become without self-discipline. Though she's loathe to admit it, Regina is just as afraid of her potential as anyone else, and joining the program was very voluntary. More than anything else, reaching an equilibrium where she can trust herself with the outside world is her goal. Unfortunately, sometimes it's hard to get that through the lizard's primaeval mindset. There's no doubt the feathered beast wants what's best for Regina and anyone she designates as “pack,” but its instincts sometimes run at odds with the reality of the monkey's world, and that is a complication in and of itself.

Complications/Motivations: Pack Loyalty – Some might blame it on primal pack instinct, while others might say she's just devoted; Regina is unflaggingly loyal to those dear to her. Right now, that consists of her punk queen cousin Kat, cuz's girlfriend Kelly (A bit of a girly girl and kind of dim, but too sweet for words,) and Rob Carlson, the lead guitar of Kat's band. Regina would put herself in dire danger for “her band,” and in fact, this protective urge is what put her in the slammer in the first place. Here in Ms Frost's rehab, if Regina makes friends, they too, can expect her loyalty... and could be used against her.

This is a sheet.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Sorry in advance for blowing everyone up! :ohdear:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
How Rickie's skill points are actually assigned.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna's solo book is canceled after three issues, due to her refusal to engage in traditional genre conventions.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Elly and Rickie:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Rinse and repeat until the villain gets bored and surrenders and nobody has to get hurt at all!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna approves.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay, this chapter is on the wind down. I've got big plans for the next chapter though!

First of all, everybody take 4pp and add it to your sheets or bank it or whatever. Good work from everybody considering the slop I gave you all to deal with.

But this next chapter, I'll fill you all in on when it get the photoshops done and all. But it is a Choose Your Own Adventure chapter! So if everybody could maybe start thinking about little vignettes or adventures you'd like your characters to do this chapter or other students you might want a scene with, it'd be solid prep!!!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
/me starts writing the Adventures of Lenore, Shelly and The Roborat.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So in terms of this CYOA chapter, one thing I personally would be interested in is discovering a few juicy background titbits about the teachers that haven't really spent much if any time in the spotlight yet (Lang, Lopez, Ycasiano). Finding out what exactly the deal is with Gloom and Gail would also be intriguing.

I can't really think of anything to do with Elly herself, although having her attend Art Club might be entertaining!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm rather at sea at the moment. There's nothing specific I really want to cover, but spending time with Michelle, Sam, and maybe Rosa is definitely on Rickie's list. As a player, I want to know more about how the Gloomdome operates and what other systems are in place at the school, but Rickie only cares about the mad science that actively impacts her life.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I know what Regina is getting for the giftgiving scene of the Holiday Special.

I like those ideas, too! Anna would probably add Jean to the list, even if the other bird gal does drag her from her comfort zones. Terrible influence.

Since we're getting into autumn, maybe something seasonal? A ghost story? An excuse to give the girls a crash course in costuming, in an environment where malfunctions won't be on Instagram in seconds?

My mind occasionally pops back to Anna's 'something wyrd' Complication, but at the same time I think that sphere of weirdness falls outside the campus's scope. Maybe the unpredictably hazardous electric athame, to delight and horrify her instead.

On a related note, I worry a bit that Anna's aggressive peacekeeping might be getting in the way of other people's fun... which might be a bit silly in the wake of the Gloomdome fracas, but worrying is one of those things I do. She's just got this (probably) irrational feeling that among other things, they're testing the students' ability to not throw down at a moment's notice, like supers often do.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Getting up to something seasonal in–game could be cool!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
As the prevailing winds seem to be in the direction of 'find out more about X teacher' and 'spend more time with Y student', a seasonal event thing would probably fit in with that well.

Wikipedia tells me, holiday wise, autumn gives us All Saints' Day/Día de Muertos/Halloween or Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur.

How Jewish you wanna get, Dareon?

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sounds good to me.

"In the next very special episode of "Ms. Frost's Home for Wayward Girls", Professor Gloom helps teach Blue House about the true meaning of Judaism."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Or a December christmas thing to fit in with the time of year, you know, whatever. If anybody has preferences it'd be nice to hear them.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I do kind of prefer the idea of a December event because it matches the dreaded Real Life time of year. On the other hand, a Halloween costume party would also be fun.

For December there could perhaps be a Secret Santa thing going? Of course no one can really buy anything at the school, so I'm not really sure how that'd work in terms of gifts.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Gifts would probably be something something robots.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"Are we supposed to wear... costume-costumes, or work-costumes?"

I don't have any strong preferences on events. I'm sure we can hit on something entertaining, be it autumn or midwinter.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
I'm liking the idea of Christmas season, if only because it fits the season and therefore, my own head-space.

I'm sorry that I've been having trouble getting myself in the right frame of brain lately, and that might help.

Also, despite being a were-creature with a nice coat of insulating feathers, the Mesozoic environment was pretty warm. It might be fun, getting her feather's ruffled a bit.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay let's get these details hammered out. Vote for either:

HALLOWEEN including costume making and eating pumpkin and pumpkin related foods

NON-DENOMINATIONAL DECEMBER FESTIVITIES including gift-giving and snow(?)

Other than that everybody seems set on chitter chatter so along with a vote post a couple names of students/teachers/x-men/pets/robots/aliens you'd like to spend time with and get to know better. Or a holiday adventure totally unrelated to that! Also still good with those.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
In keeping with the Pastafarians, let us celebrate Holiday.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Probably not a carol to sing in front of Professor Gloom, this one. She probably finds it... triggering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NXY89WsxY

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Sorry for not posting, the holidays slammed me unexpectedly and I only had little bits of time here and there, not enough to devote to being Rickie.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
In a christmas miracle, you are forgiven for being busy with real life stuff over the holidays!! It's a busy time for most people, games usually slow down a lot. No biggie.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Regina posted:

Please, Anna, could you help me workshop a song for Maddy? I promise I'm doing the actual humiliating part. I'll be the one who's singing!
Oh, this should be good. :allears:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
o/~ Black, black emptiness, the longest nights before the birth of a new sun... o/~

I've been looking for an excuse to give Regina a plush velociraptor, so I think Anna's going to be using the sewing machines too.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Actually, Elly is going to want to talk to Anna about Jean, so that'd work out pretty well if they got together/met in the art room for sewing-related purposes at some point!

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Hey y'all, I think I'm going to have to bow out. Sorry! Real life is getting a lot busier and I've realised that I've been behind most of the recent delays, posting-wise. I can't commit to updates and I don't want to hold the rest of you back.

It's been a lot of fun so far, so thank you Robodog (and everyone else).

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
That's okay, real life comes first. I'm glad you had fun with it and three (!) years is nothing to sneeze at! Thanks for sticking with it, Staggy.

For everybody else, can I get a show of hands for who is still in?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
It always feels weird when somebody has to drop out of a game. RL does what it does, but I'll miss your voice in the game, Staggy. You take care of yourself out there.

*raises hand* I'm still game. I'll chat with Drakli in IRC or something about helping Regina. I don't think she'll mind that going a bit atemporal so things can keep moving.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
There goes the Blues' enfant terrible. :ohdear: But though I haven't been in this game for very long it's been a pleasure all the same, Staggy!

Robodog posted:

For everybody else, can I get a show of hands for who is still in?
You know it.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Sorry to see you go, Staggy, I know what you mean.

I have a hand! I'm trying to do anyway.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Real life kicked me in the nuts repeatedly over the last month, but I'm still in. Might need something of a prompt for how to proceed with the gifting thing.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Groovy. You'll get a right kick in short order.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Blarg. You have my sympathies, Dareon. Glad you're still with us though!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna will not be making one of these. http://www.stuffedscarfs.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Hey, guys, I'm sorry.

I've been dealing with a lot of Life stuff and it's not gelling well with the games. I'm sorry, I'm going to have to withdraw from Frost-Game. I'm not sure what to say, but you guys are great and it has nothing to do with you or Robodog's cool game-running skills. I've just got some seams I need to mend in my life.

• Locked thread