Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay!

Here is the OOC thread for the sheet collection stuff.

Everybody, post your sheets in here and we can bring them up to date.

If you already have your updates ready, just add them and get the sheet up to date and we'll be good. If you need to add some level up stuff to it, then post the sheet you got and we can work together to figure this all out.

Also, any fun pictures will be welcome. Like this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Bieeardo posted:

---

I've been through the thread a few times, checking under the cushions for loose PP and HP, so it looks like Anna's at 140 PP, including a dozen unspent ones.

Current plans include bumping Force Field, Probability Control (and its offshoots) and fiddling the Snare so that it looks coincidental, rather than reality melting like an overheated film reel. Also, picking up Sense Powers as an increasingly educated guess from the configuration of probability threads. And probably bumping INT or AWE if I've points left, because I think I'm playing Anna as being a bit sharper than her stats might suggest.

And something I threw together for another thread, I think:

There's no real point increasing flying too much at all, so increasing her other powers and senses makes sense. It will give her some further combat options. And yes, I have everybody at 135pp or high at this point so if you added up to that then it sounds right by me.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Could always add another set of wings.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I'm pretty sure spiderbot would let you uploading it to instagram

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Dareon posted:

PL 8: Illusion +1 rank +Independent (11) (APs boosted to PL8), STA +1 (2), Ranged Attack 1 (1), Move Object rank 1 (2)

PL 9: Illusion +1 rank (4) (APs boosted to PL9), STA +1 (2), Ranged Attack 1 (1), Insight +6 (3), Deception +2 (1), Persuasion +2 (1), added Precise to Chameleon, added Reversible to Eyeshadow, changed Environment (Vision) to Area Concealment and made it an AP of Illusion, slightly raised Move Object's RP weight limit, new power: Napalm Overcoat (1).

- - -

I had an idea for Rickie's costume. She basically needs a high-tech fabric that's inherently deodorizing, stain-resistant, and easy to clean. And the actual suit itself needs enough material and pleating tricks that she could adjust its cut and shape with telekinesis. Granted, this is perhaps for after school life.

Changes seem solid to me! You're all good to go. I look forward to Rickie setting everybody on fire. Because that wasn't a big enough risk before.

Hey, we have an arts class already. No reason we can be making costumes too! I'm sure Emma can have a batch of unstable molecules shipped in, or whatever the X-Men use for their stuff. Especially for Rickie, what with the sweating through her clothes every day and all. It's just a quality of life thing if nothing else.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Staggy posted:

I'm going to pump some into basic hand-to-hand self-defense then start going into gadgetry/crazy secondary mutations. Thematically, pushing towards iron man-ish, without the whole:

You've got the points for it!! Variable would probably be the easiest way to go for gadgets. Just make the flaw 'gotta have a pocket full of junk' or something. Commandeer a roborat maybe. I don't know. But all sounds good.

Also by the by, I'd imagine Sarah actually hating arch capitalist Tony Stark!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Keep it at 137.

Spend one point on power feature: the fluffiest wings.

Spend one point on advantage sidekick so you can buff Lenore into the meanest kitty in school.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
:D

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ask Gloom about it.

Don't be surprised when the dorm explodes, though.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Hey, it takes a lot of skill to fight hand-to-hand with a bomb.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 11, 2015

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Staggy posted:

Ok, (finally) got an idea for using my banked PP.
  • Forced Shutdown +1 (2)
  • Technology +4 (2)
  • Parry +2 (2)
  • Will +2 (2)
  • Dodge +1 (1)
  • Fighting +1 (2)
  • Close Combat: Unarmed +4 (2)
That uses 13 of the 19 PP I had banked. I can fluff it as general study and the self-defense classes starting to kick in.

I finally remembered that I already have Variable (Technological Mimicry) on there and just never got round to using it. Not sure whether to keep the limit as requiring study of the target tech or, like you said, having a pocketful of spare parts on hand. Maybe keep it as is.

Anyway, assuming that's all ok I'll update my sheet and then post in the main thread. The current plan is to spend a HP to have Sarah's current fear trigger mimicry of the SciGun:
SciGun - 8/10 PP
Damage (Ranged) = 1pp/r x 2
Weaken (Broad: Power Sources, Ranged) = 3pp/r x 2
Standard, Instant

Points expenditure looks good to me! Yeah, everybody has been at school long enough for lessons and private learning to have kicked in by now.

The variable flaw can be however you like it, if you prefer Sarah having to study tech first then that's fine by me. Or you could slap both flaws on it to get enough points back to shoot up up one or two more levels. It's all good, whichever way.

And that SciGun is half wasted since Blunt Trauma already has her powers nullified! Hah!

Staggy posted:

Also I'm pretty sure Sarah's current opinion of Tony Stark is a massive rear end in a top hat who needs someone with actual morals to show him how it should be done.
I think that's what Pepper is for? She sucks at it though, not tough enough on Tony.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I was thinking more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZpsbGr7s8

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Everything is fine, FYI, just waiting for Reggie and Anna to post. I need to keep all the players even/equal for the totally normal and not at all nefarious GloomTraps that lay ahead in the not death maze.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
That's okay! This is an easy going game. No pressure until exams are on.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Robot Chicken did some parodies too.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I try to write the update in my browser, it crashes twice.

I try to write it in my word processor, it kernel panics my lappy.

Somebody doesn't want this update written! Is it Gloom? Arcade?

Sarah??

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
My 'net hasn't been great either, so don't sweat it Bie.

And if this were Trespasser then Tess would have a super long noodle arm and Reggie would kill herself on her own teeth.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
And for the official record Bie, Anna rolled a 22 on that precog perception roll.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Definitely how it happened, canon now.

Also kinda weird it has 3:00 and not 3 o'clock. Must be the Marvel style guide or something.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay, this chapter is on the wind down. I've got big plans for the next chapter though!

First of all, everybody take 4pp and add it to your sheets or bank it or whatever. Good work from everybody considering the slop I gave you all to deal with.

But this next chapter, I'll fill you all in on when it get the photoshops done and all. But it is a Choose Your Own Adventure chapter! So if everybody could maybe start thinking about little vignettes or adventures you'd like your characters to do this chapter or other students you might want a scene with, it'd be solid prep!!!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
As the prevailing winds seem to be in the direction of 'find out more about X teacher' and 'spend more time with Y student', a seasonal event thing would probably fit in with that well.

Wikipedia tells me, holiday wise, autumn gives us All Saints' Day/Día de Muertos/Halloween or Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur.

How Jewish you wanna get, Dareon?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Or a December christmas thing to fit in with the time of year, you know, whatever. If anybody has preferences it'd be nice to hear them.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Gifts would probably be something something robots.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay let's get these details hammered out. Vote for either:

HALLOWEEN including costume making and eating pumpkin and pumpkin related foods

NON-DENOMINATIONAL DECEMBER FESTIVITIES including gift-giving and snow(?)

Other than that everybody seems set on chitter chatter so along with a vote post a couple names of students/teachers/x-men/pets/robots/aliens you'd like to spend time with and get to know better. Or a holiday adventure totally unrelated to that! Also still good with those.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
In a christmas miracle, you are forgiven for being busy with real life stuff over the holidays!! It's a busy time for most people, games usually slow down a lot. No biggie.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
That's okay, real life comes first. I'm glad you had fun with it and three (!) years is nothing to sneeze at! Thanks for sticking with it, Staggy.

For everybody else, can I get a show of hands for who is still in?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Groovy. You'll get a right kick in short order.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I talked to Drakli privately about this and this seemed like the best way for things to go. Real life stuff is more important than keeping up with online games.

But this leaves Frosts with three players total. So Bie, MMA, Dareon; I think we should have a bit of a talk about the game. How do people feel about the game and how it's going? For my mind, it's been going slow for a while now and losing another player isn't going to help that at all. Are people still interested in keeping Frosts going?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Hmm. Okay. So this might be a little tricky. I'm going to have to do a bit of thinking about how things can go from here, I think. But for now, I can at least get to the end of the christmas episode. I'll get a post done so you three can get to the business of handing the gifts over to the secret santas.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay, so I wrapped up the christmas episode. With Dareon not having posted in game for a month now it's just been some back and forth with Bie and MMA in the meanwhile, so I don't think anything was hugely lost cutting it there. Everybody had a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

So I was thinking about it last time I OOC thread posted, and now things have crystallised a bit. Partly because of my increasingly time poor RL sitch. Given how things have been the last month to six weeks, I think I'm going to have to call the game here. Losing the couple of players has hurt, and it's pretty clear things have run out of steam. Two active players with the third throwing a post out occasionally isn't terribly sustainable in the long term, and the last few months has really hammered that home. Stringing things out further just to see it stall again isn't something I'm too keen to see. And barring me managing to introduce three or four new players just for the denouement, I can't see things picking up much.

Are people still in the same mind on this as a couple months ago? Tie a bow at the holiday session here?

• Locked thread