Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

gently caress asiina's sour grapes poo poo tho

It's not sour grapes, it's just trying to balance things out since if I didn't come up with a plan then you guys could have very easily rolled a vote against me today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote EXAKT Science

How EXAKT

:haw:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
whatever, good job town, you won thanks to a third party playing against their wincon, gj

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

whatever, good job town, you won thanks to a third party playing against their wincon, gj

EXAKT Science posted:

it's a sad day in Mayberry.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to turn myself into a death miller!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, that's :redhammer:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yeah whatever i suck at scum and thought one of my scumbuddies was actually around to loving hammer anyway day's over

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

SirSamVimes posted:

He was claiming to be scum and joining a scumrush to set me ablaze It's pretty damned suspicious if you joined in on that.

Sam,

So walk me through your reasoning on believing that was a serious scumclaim. Did you think I'm scum and Opop is scum and we were gonna just openly put three votes on you and then trust Asiina to switch over? Or did you think I'm town and put a mistaken vote on you and then scum Opop immediately scumclaimed and just assumed his two buddies could get on it before I unvoted?

(Or are you scum and you're trying to solidify the idea that any bandwagon on you at this point must be a "scumrush"? [It's this one.])

Sincerely,
Mornacale

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Oh, welp.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It was a scumrush because Ash was calling for a scumrush and then Pops said "yeah I'm scum" and voted for me. Your involvement in voting me isn't as bad because you voted before Pops scumclaimed and started voting on me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
THERE WAS A loving HAMMER STOP POSTING

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm SCUM I'm SCUM I'm SCUM he started screaming and hit himself over the head over and over. The others just helped him out of the door.

:s: Jim Sefelt (EXAKT Science) Staff-aligned Godfather has been lynched D4.

Night actions.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
"The secret of being a top-notch con man is being able to know what the mark wants, and how to make him think he's getting it."

:h: Opopanax (Dale Harding) - Town-aligned cop had his neck snapped by staff N4.

It is now D5.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
So the questions here, who are the other two scum? I'm not willing to throw Asiina being scum and making a gambit out the window; she could have tried that silliness pre-planned, knowing that she would definitely win off it today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Aww, I'm still alive. <3

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think MCED is probably scum based on this EXAKT comment.

EXAKT Science posted:

yeah whatever i suck at scum and thought one of my scumbuddies was actually around to loving hammer anyway day's over

Now either he meant neither of his scumbuddies was around which means it's you and MCED or it's Morn and MCED, since it's obviously not Vimes.

In any case, MCED I think is a pretty sure bet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It could be you and Morn but ehhhh, I dunno about that, not feeling it based on yesterday.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Not surprising that as soon as Pops confirmed his sanity, he went down in flames. If no scumbuddies were around to hammer, then that makes me inclined to believe that it's not Morning Scales because they voted for me before you set the trap.

On the other hand, Jojo actually dissuaded me from voting for Pops when I thought he might be scum. McEddie is likely a reasonably safe bet, but I do not know about the other two.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Not surprising that as soon as Pops confirmed his sanity, he went down in flames. If no scumbuddies were around to hammer, then that makes me inclined to believe that it's not Morning Scales because they voted for me before you set the trap.

On the other hand, Jojo actually dissuaded me from voting for Pops when I thought he might be scum. McEddie is likely a reasonably safe bet, but I do not know about the other two.

Do you think my Asiina is scum theory holds any water?

Also I just realized that, as of my last post, I turned off my PR but whatever, we all have by this point in the game and things have gotten FAR:

too INTERESTING.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ash being scum is possible, but canceling the vote on me at the last moment stopped them from an easy win considering there are only two town left. I'm inclined to believe that they're doing this because in the case of a tie with town, they win because they have the harder role. However, a likely loss is preferable to a definite loss to the staff, so I'm going to stick with them.

I would say the fact that I was jumped on by confirmed staff means that I am a pretty safe bet as town.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Ash being scum is possible, but canceling the vote on me at the last moment stopped them from an easy win considering there are only two town left. I'm inclined to believe that they're doing this because in the case of a tie with town, they win because they have the harder role. However, a likely loss is preferable to a definite loss to the staff, so I'm going to stick with them.

I would say the fact that I was jumped on by confirmed staff means that I am a pretty safe bet as town.

Woah woah, you need to dismantle this please, and really think about what you're saying. I want you to proceed on the assumption that Asiina is scum and that you are (of course) town. You can also touch on the assumption that you're both scum if you want.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Right, if Ash is scum who just set their chances to win ablaze, that would mean there is a reasonable chance of me being the scumbuddy. Assuming Ash as scum would demonstrate a willingness to throw an ally to the wolves to seem more likely. This would leave a 3P role still un-accounted for. Can't be Serial Killer because there has only been one death per night every night. Can't be Cult, because there hasn't been a single cultist dead and if there was a cult then they would have a majority by now.

If Ash were definitely scum and I were (as I am) town, I would probably consider you to be the most likely candidate for remaining town player or 3P given the fact that you are fixing on Ash as the scum and Ash with after selling their case has been fixing on you as a target and Morning Scales as safe.

Also I am sad that you turned off your PR because it's one of the more entertaining ones to read.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
He's right though, he was at -1 and if I was scum I would have just hammered.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Unless we were both scum, though throwing away an easy opportunity for a scum majority would have been an incredibly self-inflammatory move.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

He's right though, he was at -1 and if I was scum I would have just hammered.

Vimes was at -2.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What has me especially suspicious is this little 3rd party "confirmation" came immediately after Asiina was confirmed scum (if you believe Opop). This game isn't required to have a third party, it's just likely to.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The only thing that is absolutely certain to me is that Asiina has a messenger power.

Asiina, how have you been using that power up until now?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pops, Ash, Morning Scale and X all had votes on me. Pretty sure that's -1. In fact, shouldn't that be the hammer?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No, I explained my powers in my big explanation post.

Asiina posted:

I'm really am a 3P survivor, but not in the traditional sense. I'm more like an SK without a kill in that I only win if I'm the only one left alive. It's a crazy impossible role, but there it is. I have 4 abilities to help me.

1) I can make someone have a 50% chance that their power won't work for 2 nights (used this on Morn N1).
2) I can send a message to 2 people and fake who it is from if I want (used last night on Morn and Vimes)
3) I can turn someone into a death miller (or reverse death miller, I guess) where they will flip wrong until the next night. I refuse to use this ability on principle.
4) I can turn 2 people into a lynchbomb the next day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Pops, Ash, Morning Scale and X all had votes on me. Pretty sure that's -1. In fact, shouldn't that be the hammer?

I never voted for you.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I missed Opop's vote.

Okay, I think that puzzled out to Asiina being confirmed 3rd party, and Vimes being town.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote MC Eating Disorder

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to hear from MCED and Morn before I vote.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I'd like to hear from MCED and Morn before I vote.

That's fine, I just know they're the two scum from where I'm sitting, unless Vimes did some very impressive play in which case good job Vimes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sadly, I am just a bad townie and not an incredibly cunning scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Sadly, I am just a bad townie and not an incredibly cunning scum.

Well the game will likely be left in your hands, assuming MCED is actually scum, which is good. I'll probably die tonight but that leaves you as a confirmed town and then you'll have to choose between JJ and Morn.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Do you think that mafia will kill you? I would think they'd go for a townie instead of the 3p.

Although I suppose there's a fair chance that in a tie with mafia, they will be the ones who burn in which case there would be incentive to take you out. Do you know anything about what happens in a tie? I'm not asking you to say what happens, just whether or not it was listed in your role PM.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I dunno. I asked a few days ago but got a non-answer from DBD.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going to leave my vote until we get more information too. On the chances that McEddie isn't scum, putting him at -1 would make it incredibly easy for a scum player to snap him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
(Sorry folks, had job interviews yesterday that I needed to prep for/recover from.)

07/16/2015

Well, it was obvious it couldn't be Vimes, and I imagined it couldn't be Asiina, so I figured "it must be Jon Joe and MCED, I'll go see where MC goes". But then it turned out he spent last night in Jon Joe's room, and JJ survived, so now I'm starting to wonder if it actually is Asiina, probably with MCED as well. MCED, what were you doing to Jon Joe last night?

Anyway, yeah, I'm a tracker. I was roleblocked, presumably by Asiina, n1; n2, I tracked Somber to Sam, hence why I was trying to keep us from killing him; n3, I tracked EXAKT to myself; n4, MCED to Jon Joe. My n3 result is pretty weird, since I wouldn't expect a GF to be visiting someone other than the nightkill; I wonder if there's a busdriver.

Anyway, we're in a good position if we can hit scum today. If Asiina's claim is honest, then neither scum nor town can win if she survives the night, so her survival means she's definitely scum. If she gets killed, then I survive and I can confirm the last scum.

• Locked thread