Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is literally my favorite movie and would appreciate being let in on it. Only in one smallish game right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My favorite was in clue mafia where I had to post entirely as a narrator describing events in 3rd person.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK start the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Listen sailor, we're all crazy on this ship.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

I think the only solution here is to burn the whole place down.

Only if I have a seat on the lifeboat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't have to let anyone do anything.

But I will allow you to draw my portrait.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

No matter what happens, My Heart Will Go On.

I think you are mistaken about who I am in this fantasy of yours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My ship doesn't sink.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You better hope this ship doesn't sink.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, I think it's time for me to steer this ship back on course.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

*hits self on the top of the head* IDIOT!! how are they supposed to infer sarcasm from ~that~

If you're going to hit yourself on your head, you're gonna suffer a head wound, and bleed everywhere. I cannot abide blood, it's disgusting.

##vote MC Eating Disorder

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Eggs might give you salmonella, what is he thinking?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

it is worth noting that i am
code:

s
              t
              a
              f
              f

but my mind is still a little less than c̞̺̲̣̀l̷͈ea̺͈̫̩̦r̸͉͎̼̥̘̬

you may be concerned
as i was too, before i was warned
'roles are random!'

Smash the staff.

##vote Somberbrero

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

it's a little hard to

re
re
respond

like this butt

i understand my flavor is .concerning. but i

f like we should
e get this out
e in the open
l sooner rather than later

Matey, are you telling me that you used to work at a mill?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

code:
there aren't that manymanymanymanymanymanymany characters in

-> one flew ->

over the cuckoo's nest

it makes sense some r
                  o   s
                   l e

would be dezirdomnar

Matey, on this ship, staff isn't a role, it's an alignment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If we are stagnant, then there is a higher chance of developing diseases and germs out here on the water, and THAT CANNOT HAPPEN.

But just saying things are stagnant doesn't really add much to this already festering discussion merk.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk, I know you like to stay silent on my ship and just do your job. That's usually fine, but could you explain to our crew why you don't have a problem with Somb's staff claim?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not a killer.
I am not a miller.

##vote kleedrac

There goes the miller theory, Mr. merk.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mornacale posted:

07/01/2015

Missed a day, but everyone knows that family visitation day is more important than even these events. There wasn't much to say, anyway, only 33 posts since my last writing. I kept trying to convince everyone that Kleedrac was 1 of 3.5 and we had to vote for them, and at least merk eventually listened. Though apparently he thought Somber was a miller, and that wasn't so at all, haha.

Honestly, I didn't like EXAKT's vote on that bandwagon either. It seemed time to resurrect momentum toward him with a deadline impending, and added a really bad reasoning for it. I told the group I'd be happy voting him as well as Kleedrac.

Mr Morn, your case on Kleedrac consists of a numbers game, and not much else, unless my spyglass is too fogged up. The wind is pointing me towards Somber, but please offer a nice blow towards Kleedrac that consists of something other than "I used numbers" and I'll consider turning this ship in that direction.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

Somb, were you forced to claim staff due to your PR?

Why would we believe anything he says?

Why do you believe him?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I captained another ship where one of our mutineers did that exact thing, having not realized that he had a job that didn't mesh with the rest of the crew, and claimed it.

Someone claims staff in a game where staff are explicitly the mutineers in this go around. Why do you not have a problem with that?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Haven't you ever heard of a staph infection? That poo poo can cause some major problems if you don't take care of it quickly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr Somb, staff's not a role, it's an alignment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

you have that turned around
there's only scum and town
i agree it's confusing
but on dbd, musing
i can only guess
that in his wording he made a mess

In DBD's charter, on the first page, it pretty explicitly states that we win when staff and 3p are eliminated.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Correction: apparently the charter says staff OR 3p. I guess there's room for there not to be 3P? Either way, staff clearly = mutiny in this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

Ok, welp, ##vote somb

What changed your heading?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Somb, this isn't about me finding your speech impediment suspicious. We come from all walks of life onto this ship.

You claimed something that is clearly stated to be an alignment in our charter. Explain to me why I should just let that go.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't agree and now we're just yakking in circles. Claiming to be a nurse that isn't miller and staff earlier on in a game where staff is literally the name of the scum . . . like, no, I'm not seeing it, and I feel there isn't much more for me to do here than to say that I want to maroon you on an island.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

knock at a floor tile
a hollow echo sounds
much like max's head

That's unnecessary.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, calling me an idiot and empty-headed for thinking the suspicious thing you did is suspicious isn't really going to suddenly make me realize I've been wrong all along.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I cannot fathom the deep, and I cannot fathom what JJ sees that I don't.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I still don't know what's going on with shipman Somber, so I'm going to stick with my vote to maroon him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Shoutout to the people that sign up for a PR game and actually can do two things at once

:ghost:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Congrats to Asiina, that's an amazing ending.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, JFC town, it's: You win when all Staff OR 3p are eliminated.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, that was a fun game to watch. I haven't been NK'd night 1 in a while, so I could just enjoy it as a spectator.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

jon joe posted:

Or did you expect me to somehow get out that 3-player fiasco with a town-victory?

That is an incredibly delayed response to everyone yelling about how the win conditions were: town wins when staff AND 3p are eliminated. I saw that and wanted to scream so hard that town could still win with Asiina. You played correctly, I'm not criticizing you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm. The OP says "Or"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

When did it change? I guess I never saw the and in the OP. My PR was pretty easy so I didn't really read it over after initially receiving it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was a germaphobe and also was convinced I was still the captain of a ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I was planning on not really investing too much in my investigation results because given the flavor of the game, I thought there was a good chance I wasn't going to be a sane cop.

• Locked thread