Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I can vouch for this

it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaABZqW4DNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Big Boss canonically believes in Santa Claus.

that's because santa is real

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Kotaku has an article full of recommended Peace Walker tapes to listen to before The Phantom Pain. Lots of backstory and character development, some fun things too. Some of them were posted here before, but this is a little more comprehensive..

http://tay.kinja.com/the-most-important-peace-walker-tapes-to-listen-to-befo-1727106067

I already listened to all of them and even made MP3s out of them so i couldl isten to them while training :-)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the new Games thread is even worse than I expected.

There a bunch of fricking dummies, they're not funny, they all sound like each other, they say the same things over and over, they like to pretend to be gay in a way that I'm sure would be insulting to any decent gay man. They eat their boogers. They can't ride a bike.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can ride a bike.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I can ride a bike.

i can't

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

In Training posted:

I can ride a bike.

Biking is pretty fun, and I would not eat my boogers.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

There's time to learn

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

There a bunch of fricking dummies, they're not funny, they all sound like each other, they say the same things over and over, they like to pretend to be gay in a way that I'm sure would be insulting to any decent gay man. They eat their boogers. They can't ride a bike.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Eating your boogers helps build a strong immune system. Don't eat other people's boogers, and polite society looks down on the practice, but I won't judge you for noshing on some nuggets.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Ok I read the Polygon review and IMO it's a bit of a travesty that Phantom Pain lost only one point for sexy stuff but Bayonetta 2 lost 2.5 points for sexy stuff.

Bayonetta 2 is not, by any metric, sexier than TPP, imho

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bedlamdan posted:

Ok I read the Polygon review and iIMO it's a bit of a travesty that Phantom Pain lost only one point for sexy stuff but Bayonetta 2 lost 2.5 points for sexy stuff.

Bayonetta 2 is not, by any metric, sexier than TPP, imho

Ok I read the Polygon review and

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Quiet is sexier than Bayonetta, but Rainbow Mika is even sexier than Quiet.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Quiet is sexier than Bayonetta, but Rainbow Mika is even sexier than Quiet.

If Polygon doesn't take off at least three points for the double rear end attack Mika does with Nadeshiko then we know something is hosed up here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bedlamdan posted:

If Polygon doesn't take off at least three points for the double rear end attack Mika does with Nadeshiko then we know something is hosed up here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Bayonetta is sexier than Quiet. R. Mika had a really nice rear end but her breasts are too cartoonish for me to get horny, I think her design is just stylish and cool.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Polygon gave Madden 16 a 9 as well. Exhibit A in the case against scoring games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I think Bayonetta is sexier than Quiet. R. Mika had a really nice rear end but her breasts are too cartoonish for me to get horny, I think her design is just stylish and cool.

I watched the r mika trailer at .25 speed

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I ran around in a circle planting claymores and Vulcan Raven ran into all of them

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
He's taking point off because looking at a sexy lady makes him uncomfortable? That doesn't affect the gameplay.
Games reviewers are retarded get a real job.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quiet is treated differently than other characters by the direction of the game's camera, too. During cutscenes, the camera sometimes pauses for a beat to focus — or straight up lingers — on Quiet's breasts. In one shot, we see it slide down the barrel of her sniper rifle, take measure of her cleavage before slowly rising up to her face. The camera framing puts her exposed body on display unnecessarily more often than not, whether we're looking down at Quiet's chest or gazing up at her bottom. Worse, a game event that hints at her being sexually assaulted felt more like a hamfisted plan to remove Quiet's pants just before she metes out gory revenge against her attackers. The Phantom Pain treats its few other female characters in a similar way, zeroing in on their jiggling breasts and panning across their asses in a silly, oversexualized way. It's distracting. It's annoying. It's tiresome.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gazing up at her bottom.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I hope I can give Quiet some cool and funny outfits but I also appreciate Kojima's vision re: her boobs and butt

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was spoiled on one of Quiet's secret outfits. There's going to be some extremely good stuff in regards to buddy costumes based on what I saw.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I bet that reviewer is not ashamed of his words and deeds. I bet he got more than one boner playing the game and felt that there weren't enough cutscenes to allow him to rub his cheeto to completion. -1 point.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dispatched ... looks like ill get it 1-2 days early :-)

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Turns out the secret reason for Quiet's exposure was that she was fully dressed the whole time but only the pure of heart could see her clothes.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kojima is god...Kojima is god...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I posted:

Grats

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

I bet that reviewer is not ashamed of his words and deeds. I bet he got more than one boner playing the game and felt that there weren't enough cutscenes to allow him to rub his cheeto to completion. -1 point.

are you ashamed of this post

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

elf help book posted:

are you ashamed of this post

No more than you are ashamed of your av

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

No more than you are ashamed of your av

jesus

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
There's no point in talking about Polygon writing something stupid because that's all they ever do, so let's talk about something else now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hello, Games.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
leave polygon discussion at the door, folks

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
why did they decide video games come out on tuesdays? what were they thinking?!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

*sighs and reminisces about pages 1 through 90*

Soral
May 30, 2009

i don't loving give a poo poo what some retard who works at polygon thinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Turn your monitor on.