Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

my hardcover copy of volume 3 of phantom blood came in the mail yesterday. i read a chapter while i waited for the truck to carry me out of the mission zone so i could escape in ground zeroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Soral posted:

my hardcover copy of volume 3 of phantom blood came in the mail yesterday. i read a chapter while i waited for the truck to carry me out of the mission zone so i could escape in ground zeroes

good hustle! /sports rear end slap

Soral
May 30, 2009

it was the chapter where jonathan breaths an air bubble to power his abilities while underwater, and it was the mission where you have to meet up with the undercover agent and locate the casette

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Soral posted:

i still need to pick up jojonium, it looks so loving good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

it was the chapter where jonathan breaths an air bubble to power his abilities while underwater, and it was the mission where you have to meet up with the undercover agent and locate the casette

I steal all my manga online

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fungah! posted:

i still need to pick up jojonium, it looks so loving good

the 1 volume every 3 months or w/e release schedule is driving me insane. next one is in loving november

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I steal all my manga online

me too but jojonium's cool, it's a really nice-lookign book

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i pay for digital manga

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i pay for digital manga

:staredog:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i read it at lunch every single day

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i pay for digital manga

:captainpop:

Soral
May 30, 2009

elf help book posted:

i pay for digital manga

wtf....

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

elf help book posted:

i pay for digital manga

someone's gotta do it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

piracy is officially uncool now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for the manga derail.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Sorry for the manga derail.

manga's cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

get this thread back on track of crying that you may have been spoiled by reading a thread in games

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I get it from the library ... i also torrent it + read it on a kindle.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Fungah! posted:

manga's cool

I wish I had scans of not-manga comic King City so I could post the panel that says "Marmoset there'd be days like this."

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
id like to buy it one day , once im living somewhre with enough space for it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

pages 148 and 149 of the MGSV: The Phantom Pain Countdown Thread will be remembered fondly for daring to be different

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

id like to buy it one day , once im living somewhre with enough space for it.

I bought all of flowers of evil because I really like the art and keep a few select volumes bedside for viewing when I'm in the mood. that's the only stuff I've bought but I could see collections getting out of hand trying to buy longer series

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm going to buy all 17 volumes of jojoniums and display them on my mantlepiece. they will finish being translated in 2026

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yea.. i mean i wanna buy all of one piece + dbz and dorohedoro and stuff ... but i move around a lot and live in temporary places cos of my career so i live light.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whoch sux cos A: selling most games after done with them B: consoles too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

I wish I had scans of not-manga comic King City so I could post the panel that says "Marmoset there'd be days like this."
That comic is great, I bought the TPB a couple months ago

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

get this thread back on track of crying that you may have been spoiled by reading a thread in games

Excuse me.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I got seen going into the area before the ocelot fight so i shot and killed everyone and slit some guys throat and then quit, restart, and sneaked through with no alerts

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Anyway i got lost in the cave yesterday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Anyway i got lost in the cave yesterday

Let your eyes adjust to the light so you can see better

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
or use the cigar to get a little bit of light until you find a better light source

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Pablo Gigante posted:

That comic is great, I bought the TPB a couple months ago

Glad you liked it! I have a copy in my library, so I'll be fine once I get home and can take a good long look at it.

I recommend Queen & Country too, which is more like Metal Gear in that it involves espionage (no mecha to my knowledge)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hahaha

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Been 100%ing Ground Zeroes in preparation for this, and I'm almost done. Doing hard mode S ranks with just the starting equipment makes you feel like a big boss.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

It doesn't help that most of the unlocked weapons are loud and lethal, making them bad choices for most missions. Maybe they're good for the trails, idk. Good luck on getting those last percentage points, D-Nanomashoes.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

It doesn't help that most of the unlocked weapons are loud and lethal, making them bad choices for most missions. Maybe they're good for the trails, idk. Good luck on getting those last percentage points, D-Nanomashoes.

Renegade is pretty hard to S rank without sniping both targets from the first watch tower.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Yeah, but it feels good when you don't. I couldn't shave off enough seconds with the sniper method so I opted to turn off reflex and bum rush baldy and carry him to his buddy before driving them both outside the base. I want to go back and master the sniper method though.

S Ranking the AA emplacements without the rocket launcher at the beginning is more tricky, but also not impossible.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Here's my schedule:

My twitch is black_baby_goku

The order I will be playing the games is chronological, so that means

Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Portable Ops (and +)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

If I have time I will play the non canon games

metal gear (nes)
Snakes revenge
Metal gear solid: Ghost babel

I'll keep this post updated with what I beat, and when I'm currently playing

Liar

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

another young mind destroyed by dota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he gets probbied or banned whenever he posts in d&d.

• Locked thread