Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

this guy deserves a one month probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

walking out of eb games on launch day with the collector's edition of mgs4. best night of my gamer life. purestrain win beamed directly into my honed tactical espionage senses.

Soral
May 30, 2009

im just gonna come right out and say it: i dont like this av.

Soral
May 30, 2009

nice!!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 28, 2015

Soral
May 30, 2009

i quoted the full size image. and then some piss baby loser mod edited my post. because i made them use a scroll wheel.

Soral
May 30, 2009

no but thank you for confirming my suspicions that the mod who edited my post was a piss baby loser :twisted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

its not a big deal. im just hassling my good friend zdr, who is someone i respect for managing to be both an SA forums moderator and not a complete loving lunatic psychopath

Soral
May 30, 2009

ok. whatever

Soral
May 30, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm really interested about what this guy thinks about the mods, Knuc. I'm on the edge of my seat over here.

Larry Parrish posted:

This won't work because they keep picking the same sadbrained losers who make GBS awful to read as the mods.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Soral
May 30, 2009

I found my copy of mgs4. i'm ready for metal gear july

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have the collector's edition of mgs4. the box is really great, as is the game inside

Soral
May 30, 2009

im going to order a copy of mgs legacy collection on amazon, today

Soral
May 30, 2009

happy canada day everyone, and also good luck to everyone celebrating metal gear july

Soral
May 30, 2009

the copy of metal gear legacy collection that i ordered 18 days ago has still not arrived in the mail. there is no tracking number. please pray for me.

Soral
May 30, 2009

my copy of mgs legacy finally came in. i've made it to the foot of the communications tower already. in battle, and gaming, i am as if possessed by a demon

Soral
May 30, 2009

i finished mgs1. liquid kicked my rear end but otherwise i think i did ok. slept through all the other bosses. it was my first time playing it to completion. tomorrow, i will finish the tanker chapter of mgs2. please enhance my gaming power with your prayers.

Soral
May 30, 2009

someone tell me how to choke a guy out in mgs2 without snapping his neck. i did it once and now every time i try it again i just murder the guy even if i press square very sparingly

Soral
May 30, 2009

i had to register my hands as lethal weapons with the government,

Soral
May 30, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

It's exactly like in mgs1 where using square 11 times snaps his neck. Just count your taps and stop at hold/let go at 8-9 and the guy will pass out. This is changed from mgs3 onward iirc where your guy will pass out based on how long you've been holding him.

In mgs3 and onward you can hold a man up, go into first person and punch him in the balls to 1 hit KO him so you should start doing that in this poster's humble 'pinion (itphp for short).

thank you for unravelling this mistery for me

Soral
May 30, 2009

fortune's theme is epic

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

She was originally supposed to carry around a saxophone and be playing the song herself, lol. But that got scrapped pretty early on.

lmao awesome.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i love this series

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Can anyone thats extremely well versed in Metal Gear lore tell me where all the history between BB and Zero in the Patriots came from? Like what game or book or whatever they explain all that in? Like how all the MGS3 support team became the Patriots, how Zero started the Les Enfants Terribles business and how Big Boss found out and split up with the Patriots before any of the Peace Walker stuff even started. Is that all MGS4 stuff?

it's covered in mgs4 and i think also briefly touched on in pw?

Soral
May 30, 2009

you did not gloss over it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

pressure sensitivity was really cool in mgs2 but i keep accidentally slitting throats in mgs3 which sucks

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually slitting throats owns but the accidental part sucks

Soral
May 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hello Imp Zone I am about to start my pre-TPP playthrough of all the MGSes in order of release even though I totally missed this whole Metal Gear July thing and anyway that's my story, wish me luck.

it is still metal gear july today, and your playthrough is in the spirit of the holiday. godspeed, gamer. :patriot:

Soral
May 30, 2009

Campbell: Snake, you'll be infiltrating the infiltrating the Chippewa National Forest Campground, off the US-2 E.
Snake: Chippewa?!
Mei Ling: Minnesotan autumns are very chilly, Snake.

Soral
May 30, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

This is an extremely good post dude, lol.

my posting is white noise at best and annoying at worst. please do not misrepresent my brand.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the phantom pain

Soral
May 30, 2009

i will not retaliate on others if they steal my soldiers from my FOBs. to continue the cycle of aggression is to play directly into the hands of the patriots. i will stand resolute and i will expect my soldiers to remain strong and loyal

Soral
May 30, 2009

toss a stun G through the door as soon as it opens, cqc slam any of those 4 guys who didn't get instantly knocked out before they get out of the stunned animation

Soral
May 30, 2009

i only recently uncovered the mysteries of releasing men from a cqc hold in such a way that they do not immediately retaliate. the secret is to tap the button again

Soral
May 30, 2009

cqc is cool

Soral
May 30, 2009

finished mgs4... getting the rank for finishing with low kills low alerts low deaths is extremely lenient in 4. i had nearly 100 kills and over 30 alerts and i still got it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/greenwaterpmc

request to join. i'll make imp zone regs officers.

ok i clicked join on this page much like every other gay steam group related to this subforum

Soral
May 30, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Can you imagine playing Metal Gear Solid 4 without knowing anything about the series?

mgs4 was the first metal gear game i ever played, and the only console metal gear game i ever played until 2 months ago

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually more like less than 1 month now that i think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

i was less confused by the mgs4 plot dumps having had no knowledge of the series than i was by the ending of mgs2 after i had already bathed myself in the waters of metal gear lore

• Locked thread