Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wow...wonderful OP. What a great tribute to Metal Gear. This Month of MGS July Simulplay has begun! Only one question, though.. can we please give at least a weeks probation to the Games GBS Cum-sucking Piece of Retarded poo poo known as FuriousGeorge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just so you know guys I had a lot of trouble emulating MGS2 and MGS3 is apparently even less cooperative with PSCX2 or whatever it's called. I think 2 was running fine until right before the Fatman fight and it glitched out in a way that made it impossible to continue.. as a side note, these are the best games of all time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just wanted to extend my sincere thanks to In Training for this awesome thread once again. In the words of Ocelot. You're pretty good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

MGS2 best story, MGS3 best gameplay.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Until MGSV comes out, at least, trumping both in each regard.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Solid Snake and Pre-Cyborg Raiden should never kill.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

For a series with such a focus on stealth mechanics they've added neat ways to not be stealthy and murder the poo poo out of everyone. That's really cool and I wish more games would do that instead of having a crappy mixed bag (payday cough cough).

Most Modern stealth games are like this - in Dishonored you get chastised for utilizing your huge arsenal of gruesome weaponry and powers, and in the new Deus Ex you have like exploding wrist blades and homing cluster bombs in your eyes and stuff.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think there exists on these forums a more YOSPOS name than that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish we could fulton some more posters into the Imp Zone, maybe some of the really funny YOSPOS regulars and a few more people from FYAD with good stats.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The only yospos guy that should post here is that dude that keeps getting banned from adtrw for pissing off zorak.

I don't know that guy but he's welcome to post here.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

He's banned because he said an anime girl with big hooters was sexy.

My god, give me the man's name already.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ew.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I told that guy I'd cut his head off, but I'm going to let him play MGSV first.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just used epic mental fuckery to get my friend to give me his PS3, along with a copy of MGS HD Collection, MGS4, Demon's Souls, and Dragon's Dogma. I'm feeling so FTW right now it hurts. All I have to do now is buy MGS1 on his Playstation account.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What the heck happened here, lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm going to be playing an adjusted release order, starting with

Metal Gear 1
Metal Gear 2
MGS1
MGS2

then switching to Big Boss' story with

MGS3
Peace Walker
Unfinished Ground Zeroes content (side ops, extracting all the unique characters for TPP)

And then I'll play MGS4 and possibly Portable Ops if it emulates well. Not interested in non-canon games or Twin Snakes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think it's the end of the world if I don't finish MGS4 before MGSV comes out, though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I played Rising on Steam, pretty recently.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm going to play them in order of release since the evolution of the games mechanics is more important than the chronology I think.

Yes, and everyone knows the chronology mostly already.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's not going to be easy going from MGS3 to MGS1, for example, much less the MSX Metal Gears.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't really think it's a big deal, I thought the edit was you posting my iPhone metadata or something, which would of been funny.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Eh, Aboriginals nicked me discies mate

Lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Don, hey Donald. Have a look outside your drive....There's fuckin maori running off with Metal Gear in the middle of Don's bloody driveway.

You're name is Jake.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh gently caress. This guy has God Hand already downloaded onto his system. And Shadow of the Colossus, but I already played that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What makes it a poo poo opinion, besides that it's different from yours.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm jumping the gun and starting Metal Gear 1 today, since I probably won't be able to play much the first week of July. I've never played the MSX Metal Gears, so I hope they're tolerable. I also haven't played MGS1 or Peace Walker.. yikes!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish I had that GameFAQS app.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Metal Gear 1 is pretty good for some old grandpa poo poo. I'll save my commentary for July 1st, though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm playing this on a couch bed and the sneaking music is making me really drowsy.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

a resounding meh. lol how could you enjoy that after u got to play as the mech-ninja and slice poo poo up..

There's room for both in many of our hearts, Nite Crew Retard.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

When interviewed by Steven Kent in 1999, Kojima stated that he enjoyed Snake's Revenge and that he thought it was "faithful to the Metal Gear concept".[2] While Kojima once jokingly stated that Snake's Revenge was a "somewhat of a crappy game" during the 2009's Game Developers Conference,[3][4] he later stated in an interview with Nintendo Power that he doesn't consider it to be a "bad game".[5]

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

Im jusy saying its like a step back.. It'd be like if Dark Souls 2 decided to be more like Demon',s Souls, instead of improving on Dark Souls 1... No wonder I never played any of these MGS games lol

You should step back, into a pit of venomous snakes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I accidentally killed a POW.. I'm a POS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

(Japanese voice) Hey, don't worry so much. I restarted, so it's ok.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do I kill this tank?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Grenades and plastic explosives don't seem to be working on this drat tank. Mines, then.. but I only have five.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I thought it was possible to tranq people in this game but MSX Snake uses only lethal force.. I must of killed hundreds of men and dozens of dogs by now. Doesn't seem right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

gently caress these gas rooms

• Locked thread