Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I am actually just going to buy the legacy collection from amazon for 28 dollars and 40 cents, so that I can play Metal Gear 1 and 2 as well, all on the PS3.

those are on mgs3 on the hd collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

portable ops is barely canon but its still missing from the chronological timeline

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

you meet young colonel campbell and hes never mentioned again in peace walker

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I've never played portable ops. What was it on

psp, its like a shtity peace walker basicalyl

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

you didnt have the fulton so you had to lug every guy you wanted back to the start of the level i think

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

considering buying revengeance on ps3 also

dont consider it, do it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

On PC yeah. I think it costs on PS3 though?

you had to buy them at first but they made them free later

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

The mgs3 bosses are so good. Except for the Fury, he's just annoying

i couldnt beat him on hard so looked at youtube and just cheaped him with the knife

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

My most epic gaming session of all time was in high school when I stayed up and played through the entirety of MGS2 in one sitting... it was about 4AM when I got to Arsenal Gear and I actually thought I was going crazy

same and i had to go to school on two hours of sleep

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

Absolutely do not skip MGS2

yeah mgs2 is cool because its still classic mgs

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Deus ex actively hosed you over if you went pure stealth when you hit the bosses unless you had a taser or gas mines. I'm glad to see that they fixed this in the updated edition by giving the bosses bigger rooms with stealth options like activating turrets and stuff.

its a scam too, you can stealth perfectly fine without any of the augs which i did my last playthrough

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

not that id WANT them to make it so you couldnt stealth without that lovely invisibility cloak or something

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

hearing phantom pain would have fewer cutscenes was disappointing at first but then i remembered how sick all the cutscenes in peace walker were

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

as a youth I loved the long cut scenes and cinematic experience of older mgs games. now as a mature and discerning gam,er who values gameplay over all, I can fall in love with the mgs series all over again thanks to the finely tuned gameplay and mechanics of the more recent releases

thats basically what happened to me after i fell out of it for a couple years

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mgs3 probably has some of the best pacing ive seen in a game with how it slowly ramps up the difficulty and the levels just kepe getting cooler

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I loving hated cutscene in any game when I was a kid. I beat metal gear 1 and 2 without watching a single cutscene and skipping every codec convo.

thats more how i am now, i usually ignore a lot of cutscenes and dont really have much of an idea of whats going on. im playing dmc4 now though and skipping every cutscene

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

action games like that are usually the ones i wanna skip most, i dont care about bayonettas dad

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Yup, platinum cutscenes are dumb and way too long for how little I care. I started skipping them halfway through 1 and haven't gone back

i was cool with mgr cutscenes but that wasnt eve nwritten by platinum, it was a dude that helped write mgs4 and maybe 5?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you all for not watching teh bayonetta cutscenese

i watched them

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mg mk 2 was totally getting hosed up though wasnt it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i seem to remember him sparking a bit at least

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

i started 3 again ... hard mode this time since i got deece at GZ. i dont remmber normal mode being any easier though ?

hard mode is a bit of a breeze except for the fury, what a bastard

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

ive never been able to play these games on euro extreme because a lot of the fun of mgs comes from fighting my way out of my fuckups

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

i h8 to complain about a game i love, but i wish you could move while crouching in 3. unless you can and i just somehow dont know how to do it lol. am i really that much of a noob tho? well, maybe.

you can do this in the 3ds version but its pretty shoddy, also being able to shoot while moving breaks the game, i killed the fear in about 30 seconds without him even touching me

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Even though I have the Legacy collection, I will be playing emulated versions of MG1 and 2 I think, with a guide open in another window to assist my playthrough

they updated the portraits in the hd collection ones, also i think they made Holly hotter in it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

msx snake looks like a wiener in the original so thats pretty funny

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

oh yeah in metal gear 2 snake is mel gibson lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

hrees a bunch of new info like snake putting rats in his pockets http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=20422

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I still haven't watched any gameplay footage despite watching all of the E3 trailers like 20+ times each lol

The game will feature a great variety of wild animals. Small animals like rats won’t be fultonned, but Snake will put them in his pockets.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the 3DS version is actually the only one I played to completion because my PS2 disc broke halfway through. I don't really remember the original and the 3DS version's lag sucked but I feel like I'd get annoyed at the limitations of the PS3 version because of this. My life is a turd and is hard

itd probably feel like a dream since it never drops below 60 fps

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Im trying reallllllly hard to not start MGS3 tonight

lol same, i feel like i have a good excuse though because i start school on the 6th

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Instead I'm going to beat my second favorite game ever made, Super Metroid

i played through this again a few months ago because i bought an snes and a crt tv and ti was epic

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

CRT no lag gaming sounds like heaven. I'll be playing on VC again, but I will be very rusty. Hope to post my time completed tomorrow morning-ish, before CEO 2015 kicks off.

it was incredible, itd been so long since i played on a crt that it felt incredible having no input lag

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

id played through the game a dozen times since i last had a crt on emulator and vc and such so it was instnatly noticeable

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

metal gear rising is canon

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

portable ops is barely canon i think, since it has psychic not-paz and stuff.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Nice. I should have picked it up for PC during the Steam sale, it bet it looks great with maxed out settings compared to the PS3 version.

its a straight port i think so aside from the resolution not much is changed, you never have to worry about your framerate tanking though even though it was rare on ps3

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Don, hey Donald. Have a look outside your drive....There's fuckin maori running off with Metal Gear in the middle of Don's bloody driveway.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

maybe ill finally play them after tpp, but maybe the end of tpp will be a mg1 remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I AM BRAWW posted:

Im jusy saying its like a step back.. It'd be like if Dark Souls 2 decided to be more like Demon',s Souls, instead of improving on Dark Souls 1... No wonder I never played any of these MGS games lol

stfu

• Locked thread