Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doos
Jan 1, 2015

spanky the dolphin posted:

They're live streaming a Sex & the City 2 live commentary now if anyone is awake / interested.

They did two livestreams of it over the course of 5 hours - which made up the new episode. One in the roles of Michael and Patrick King, and another as themselves.

You could hear the despair as they reached the hour mark in the second viewing. :negative:

On the bright side, they'll end on 52 episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm almost done with the first season and this K-Mart episode is a hell of a thing

I'm thinking about watching the movie

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
don't.

move on to the next season instead

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

no, you really should watch the movie with the "director's commentary", it's pretty great

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

grown ups with the commentary is pretty amazing and I'd reccomend it once you've done the rest of the season, but you should absolutely not spend a subjective seven hours of your life watching sex and the city 2 even with the commentary

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've never watched either, nor will I ever watch Blart.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm on episode 12 right now, can't wait to listen to 40 more repeats of these dudes watching Grown-Ups 2 and never watching the movie. I'm not sure what exactly it's about.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Rodyle posted:

I've never watched either, nor will I ever watch Blart.

same

but i did listen to them watch it for four hours and boy did they seem loving exhausted at the end

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alcharagia posted:

I'm on episode 12 right now, can't wait to listen to 40 more repeats of these dudes watching Grown-Ups 2 and never watching the movie. I'm not sure what exactly it's about.

It's a podcast about finding meaning in despair, about the depths of madness, about the importance of fulfilling promises, about friendship.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's a podcast about finding meaning in despair, about the depths of madness, about the importance of fulfilling promises, about friendship.

No no, what Grown-Ups 2 is about.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

alcharagia posted:

The same.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

alcharagia posted:

Peter Dante has you covered mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wlzd5zliy4

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I liked coming up with a strange twisted version in my head of what Grown Ups 2 was like. After 52 episodes you'll have a pretty good idea, or a good enough idea.

I watched Sex and the City 2 about 10 episodes in to season 2. I think the run time made it very confusing to get a grasp on what it's about, like Tim and Guy can only focus on tiny portions of it each watch. Turns out it's pretty simple, just very long and aimless.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I wonder what the lads' opinion of B2 will be like next year, assuming they've kept their promise never to do this again.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

alcharagia posted:

It's about living every moment, and loving every day.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I'm on the 4th episode of the Grown Ups 2 run and this is really starting to get good, "Do they normally cut back and forth between people speaking in films?"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ariong posted:

I wonder what the lads' opinion of B2 will be like next year, assuming they've kept their promise never to do this again.

i can't wait for about a half century from now where tim and guy realise that theyve finally seen paul blart 2 as many times as theyve seen grown ups 2

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder how it'll feel if one year, TWIOAT picks a lovely movie I have actually seen.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Rodyle posted:

I wonder how it'll feel if one year, TWIOAT picks a lovely movie I have actually seen.

It's very liberating.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I told my father that I've been listening to this podcast recently, so of course he got me a copy of Grown Ups 2 to watch for myself alongside the podcast for Christmas. :getin:

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 26, 2015

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Raxivace posted:

I told my father that I've been listening to this podcast recently, so of course he got me a copy of Grown Ups 2 to watch for myself alongside the podcast for Christmas. :getin:

Growns Ups 2 is the new coal.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Most-Watched-Movie-Netflix-History-According-Netflix-104377.html

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
What does Netflix count as "watched"? Because that poo poo would auto-load after any movie or TV episode without a follow up the whole month it came out, so if you went to the bathroom when the credits started oh poo poo Netflix thinks you started watching that.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kneecaps posted:

Growns Ups 2 is the new coal.

I got my friend Saving Christmas for the holidays this year.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh man, the two episodes on Tim's birthday were incredible.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Congrats to WIoAT, RedLetterMedia, etc. for making hatewatching into a viable market for films.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Well, Sex and the City 2 is done and dusted. However, Guy and Tim have committed to one final season of the show. Prepare for a year of watching We Are Your Friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZzAeYWXFpk

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Well, Sex and the City 2 is done and dusted. However, Guy and Tim have committed to one final season of the show. Prepare for a year of watching We Are Your Friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZzAeYWXFpk

i would really prefer if they continued to do this and did not hang up their hats because of one miserable season

e: wioat 8 seasons and a movie

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think if they do season 4 PFT will stage an intervention next podfest.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

hubris.height posted:

i would really prefer if they continued to do this and did not hang up their hats because of one miserable season

e: wioat 8 seasons and a movie

WAYF should be a lot more fun for them to do than Sex and the City. Mostly since unlike the first two seasons, they're dealing with a film that's not really trying to be funny. Will give them a slightly different dimension.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
Why is that trailer so long???

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

WAYF should be a lot more fun for them to do than Sex and the City. Mostly since unlike the first two seasons, they're dealing with a film that's not really trying to be funny. Will give them a slightly different dimension.

'ugggh wow, you're out of you mind with talent, dj' seems like it could not have been pitched seriously

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was really expecting Paul Blart 2 next. It seemed like a trend they were gonna keep doing where they'd watch a sequel to a movie they had never seen and theorize why the gently caress a second even got made.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Tracula posted:

I was really expecting Paul Blart 2 next. It seemed like a trend they were gonna keep doing where they'd watch a sequel to a movie they had never seen and theorize why the gently caress a second even got made.

They're already doing Paul Blart 2 in their annual podcast with the McElroy brothers "Til Death do us Blart"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

till the end of linear time, even

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Their live read of Grown Ups 2: Remembered is pretty great!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

New season has started. Only listened to the first episode but I'm enjoying their optimism at how this seems to be an alright movie. Wonder how many episodes it will take them to change their minds.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh god Tim's story of taking a vial of GHB in a nightclub just because it was labeled "party juice" had me laughing my head off at work

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
how's season 2 compared to season 1? I loved season 1 but didn't listen to a single episode of the second season, and I'm thinking about skipping to season 3 now that it's started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

how's season 2 compared to season 1? I loved season 1 but didn't listen to a single episode of the second season, and I'm thinking about skipping to season 3 now that it's started

Sex and the City 2 makes them much more miserable than Grown Ups 2 ever did. If you're in it for hearing them torture themselves it gets pretty extreme. They also talk about the movie less since the material isn't there and it becomes more about the weird mythological narrative they construct around it. So if you liked Season 1 for the weird theories like "Is this character a warlock" and segments like the Steve Buscemi thing, season 2 has way more of that.

I'd say they're worth listening to, but near the later-middle there's nothing wrong with skipping an episode if they sound like they're just going to be bitchy for 40 minutes. Also don't watch the movie. Grown Ups 2 is stupid enough that, after listening to a year's worth of podcasts about it, it's fun to see in the flesh. This is not true with Sex and the City 2 at all.

• Locked thread