Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brexit the Frog

I realized today when visiting the recently-cleaned bathroom here at work that I really like the smell of chlorine, like how pools smell? It's oddly comforting.

I did a temp gig once where the entire floor I worked on had a slight "there's a pool nearby!" aroma. It was calming.

Does anyone else feel this way?
/Can someone recommend cleaning products (or maybe an air freshener..?) that can bring about this smell more in my day-to-day life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
u should inhale chlorine gas

kedo

Rusty Staub posted:

/Can someone recommend cleaning products (or maybe an air freshener..?) that can bring about this smell more in my day-to-day life?

Here you go, some knowledge to fuel your chlorine fetish.

devtesla

Do NOT drink chlorine water.
Do NOT put chlorine water in mouth or eyes.

Maggie Fletcher
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Smells are strongly associated with memories. Did you go to the pool a lot as a kid? We did, and that pool smell always reminds me of summertime when I was a kid.

I don't get off on it or anything, though, it just brings back memories. I wouldn't suggest a chlorine air freshener or anything.

Brexit the Frog

Pools were a pretty rare occurrence as a kid, so maybe that's it, I see it as a fun treat that reminds me of vacations past.

Bip Roberts

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Smells are strongly associated with memories. Did you go to the pool a lot as a kid? We did, and that pool smell always reminds me of summertime when I was a kid.

I don't get off on it or anything, though, it just brings back memories. I wouldn't suggest a chlorine air freshener or anything.

Same but for my memories at Ypres. What a wonderful time to be a lad in spring back in 1915.

Parity warning

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I've seen some poo poo in E/N but this is beyond the pale. You're one sick gently caress OP.

sexy tiger boobs

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Its reminiscent of cum, you love cum OP.

christmas boots

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
I like the smell of gasoline.

The hell does that mean?

stringball

Geniasis posted:

The hell does that mean?

You're pregnant, its really common to hear that apparently

christmas boots

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out

stringball posted:

You're pregnant, its really common to hear that apparently

Childbirth is going to present some complications on account of my penis.

Should I see an OB/GYN or a Dick Doctor, d'you think?

defectivemonkey
hi byob! this thread made me think of you. please share your thoughts re: chlorine here.

City of Glompton

it's the clean smell!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
i also like a lot of smells

treasure bear

if you do a pee on bleach the chlorine comes out ifls!

dogcrash truther
I saw this thread in E/N and said to myself "I wish Rusty Staub would post more in BYOB" and well, here we are

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
another smell i like is food smell but only if its good. if its bad, get it the heck away from me!

treasure bear

how can we better integrate chlorine into our lives?

dogcrash truther
when I was a kid I bought this thing at the monterey bay aquarium that was a telescope, but it was small and made of plastic, and it had a clip on it like apen clip, and it had two parts, the lens part, and then the rest of the shaft of the telescope, and you could slide them apart, and the sliding part was lubricated with this gel that made me feel funny every time I smelled it and i used to smell that dang pen-telescope all the time and get a little bit high off of it

Brexit the Frog

dogcrash truther posted:

I saw this thread in E/N and said to myself "I wish Rusty Staub would post more in BYOB" and well, here we are

aw, you guys!

:3:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Rusty Staub posted:

I realized today when visiting the recently-cleaned bathroom here at work that I really like the smell of chlorine, like how pools smell? It's oddly comforting.

I did a temp gig once where the entire floor I worked on had a slight "there's a pool nearby!" aroma. It was calming.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Serious post: olfactory senses are some of the most powerful and strongly tied to memories. So if you had a lot of good vibe memories at the pool it is understandable.

I like the smell of gasoline because it reminds me of tractor rides I got as a kid.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i don't even go to the combination salon dentist anymore, i just rub bleach in my hair and gums. i'm losing weight as a bonus

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I don't like butt smells, but sometimes crotch smells are ok?

joke_explainer

why not keep a little tub of chlorine in your bedroom. is that safe? can we do that? its like eternal summer in there. nostalgia overload.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

joke_explainer posted:

why not keep a little tub of chlorine in your bedroom. is that safe? can we do that? its like eternal summer in there. nostalgia overload.

i make sure to keep mine under my mirror, which i clean with windex daily. my lungs have never been clearer

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Geniasis posted:

The hell does that mean?

You've got the lyrics to a bush song mixed up?

Brexit the Frog

joke_explainer posted:

i want it to be possible

Piso Mojado

Rusty Staub posted:

i want it to be possible

it is! just mix a little bleach with some household ammonia, take a whiff, and prepre for the nostalia train!

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

[Rusty staub @ the pool collecting the water in a tiny jar] Now I'll always be near the pool...

Brexit the Frog

maybe i'd need to pee a few drops of pee into the chlorine to replicate the pool smell perfectly? this is getting complicated

thewireguy
If you mix some ammonia in with the chlorine, it smells like potpourri.

bog pixie

i like the smell of bouncy balls

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i really like the smell of acetylcholine

Mapparu

i used be obsessed with sniffing gasoline when i was a kid. when ever i would be on a boat i'd sit in the back inhaling it just because, i liked the smell. i didn't realize what i was doing till i was like 12 and i had this extreme obsession with gasoline.

Mapparu

i'll bump this thread when i get diagnosed with lung cancer or something

treasure bear

i used do electrolysis of brine and make a little bit of chlorine as a treat

Brexit the Frog

Mapparu posted:

i used be obsessed with sniffing gasoline when i was a kid. when ever i would be on a boat i'd sit in the back inhaling it just because, i liked the smell. i didn't realize what i was doing till i was like 12 and i had this extreme obsession with gasoline.

there's a depressing movie called Love Liza (directed by the bald nerd from High Fidelity) where Philip Seymour Hoffman start huffing model airplane fuel and that's basically the whole movie, him inhaling it and being sad and making cover stories for it

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rusty Staub posted:

there's a depressing movie called Love Liza (directed by the bald nerd from High Fidelity) where Philip Seymour Hoffman start huffing model airplane fuel and that's basically the whole movie, him inhaling it and being sad and making cover stories for it

How the gently caress does a kid get airplane fuel anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear

model airplane fuel

• Locked thread