Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

Yeah that was the only thing in the game that disappointed me.

I'm still reasonably undecided on what really happened. I'd say I'm certain it's meant to be ambiguous with no definitive answer though.

It seems equally implausible that Hannah and Eve are two different women as that they are the same woman. The tattoo is obviously a big point of contention; some people are saying that she got the tattoo during the questioning process, but she does mention that Simon guessed her name from it. As implausible as the whole "secretly living in an attic" thing is, I got the impression by the end that she was brilliant/insane enough to have actually lived that way. I'm also pretty sure that I don't remember anything contradicting her Glasgow alibi directly, only that the timeline of the death was fuzzy enough to go either way.

If possible I'd play this with someone else. I stayed up all night to finish it, but as soon as my girlfriend woke up we played it again together, with me letting her suggest words to search for. It was really neat to watch someone putting it together in real time. If you have a kid old enough to handle the subject matters, there's nothing really racy enough to make that awkward. There was only one clip that made me kinda :stonklol: which was the discussion of Eve taking Hannah's virginity with a hairbrush
Yeah, I agree that the twins are more likely. As the interrogations go on it feels like more like the cops are getting wise that there is probably a second person (The fingerprints, confronting Eve about how she's just rehearsing what Hannah said, how Eve gets super defensive about not having a bruise like Hannah and making a lame excuse) There's also the tattoo and the knock code and how they probably have been using it to talk to each other and trying to keep their stories straight among others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I like the twins explanation a lot more for multiple reasons but one of them is because it makes the game feel rather Gothic.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 27, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Devorum posted:

I just started this and was wondering if anyone has any tips on tagging the videos for easy reference later. Unless that's consider giving too much away, of course.

So far I've come up with a numeric code including the date and time for each clip, but I'm not sure how helpful that will be once i have loads of clips.
Some people have used X/Y coordinates by cross-referencing the video database with the current video you're on. (It's colored yellow)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

While I agree with your reading, to answer your question: Because she's craaaaaaazy
Though a really strong point is that the cops grill Hannah and Eve on whether they are twin sisters or not. They never question if Hannah has a split personality.

• Locked thread