Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smurple Purple
Jun 25, 2015
All on Facebook I have been seeing posts about racism from both whites and blacks. My view point has always been simple: Treat others how you would like to be treated. Color of someone's skin doesn't make them any less human than anyone else. My questions are: Is 2015 the year of racism or has this problem been growing to this point? Why now? Is the media pushing towards a race war or trying to help? I would love to hear anyone's opinion on the matter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
No, the UN has declared this year the Year of the Soils OP

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
OP is right, there was never racism before 2015.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
every year is a year of racism OP. this just happens to be a year where more people are willing to admit it.

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
This might help you find your answer OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rC3l3niTaE

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Smurple Purple posted:

Is the media pushing towards a race war or trying to help?

Um, what?

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
OP how dry is your powder?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

A prophecy foretells of the one true year of the racism but it is not this year

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll agree it has been a pretty racist year so far, OP, but then again so was 2014 and 2013 before that. 2012 too maybe? Makes you think.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Smurple Purple posted:

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

See, the problem is that this is actually super dumb and wrong. Different people have different lives and circumstances, and something that you might not personally find insulting might be hurtful to someone else.

"Treat others how they've expressed they want to be treated" is probably much better and more useful.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Statistically, black men kill more black men than any other race. This is where we must address the problem.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Wait, I thought I understood the Chinese calendar. This can't be right.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spun Dog posted:

Wait, I thought I understood the Chinese calendar. This can't be right.

Yeah, year of the monkey is next year.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

See, the problem is that this is actually super dumb and wrong. Different people have different lives and circumstances, and something that you might not personally find insulting might be hurtful to someone else.

"Treat others how they've expressed they want to be treated" is probably much better and more useful.

"Treat others the better of how they've expressed they want to be treated or how you would want to be treated if you were experiencing their circumstances."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bel Shazar posted:

"Treat others the better of how they've expressed they want to be treated or how you would want to be treated if you were experiencing their circumstances."
"Unless you have mutually agreed a safeword in advance."

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

computer parts posted:

Yeah, year of the monkey is next year.

Uncool, dude

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Bel Shazar posted:

"However don't assume gender orientation by outward appearances alone."

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Man, Nintendo's followup to the Year of Luigi is really lame so far

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you got it op. this is the year of racism and all the races are bringing their best stereotypes and epithets out of the closet. racism is cool again and I for one am over the moon about this

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

tbp posted:

Statistically, white men kill more white men than any other race. This is where we must address the problem.

I agree that the media is instigating a rahowa OP

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
It's the popular thing on social media right now to cry about how something is/isn't racist. Give it time, it'll blow over and people will go back to their cats and their 420s and pictures of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

1944 was the year of racism.

• Locked thread