Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Returning at 9PM EDT on CBS, it's TVIV's favorite summer show to hate, Under the Dome! Adapted from Stephen King's best seller, the premise of the series is that the town of Chester's Mill has been cut off from the rest of civilization by a transparent dome that suddenly formed around the town. While the residents try to cope with dwindling supplies and morale, one town council member, Big Jim Rennie, tries to take control of the survivors. However, his sanity is also becoming more questionable as he killed several people in last season's finale.

When we last left our ragged band of heroes chumps, almost everyone had fled to the mysterious crater as the dome continued to contract. Junior shot his father in the shoulder to prevent him from following, then met up with Julia who was stuck in front of a bottomless crevice. Barbie, who had stayed with the main group who had managed to cross the crevice, came to a blank wall. Touching it, it crumbled away to reveal Melanie, a resident who had disappeared the previous episode in mysterious circumstances.

Where the show is going from here is anyone's guess. Join the fun, join the hate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I sighed so angrily when I heard this was coming back on tonight. I've been watching so much good TV and now I have to ruin that streak by watching this god awful show that I can't not watch AND I DON'T KNOW WHY

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thank you for making this thread. I love how this show is the worst show I've ever seen

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

A whole new level of bad had to be invented just for this show

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Oh yeah, two hours tonight. Strap in!!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
This has been getting downright weird so far.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

It's a LOSTesque alternate timeline.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I gave it a shot, but I'm throwing in the towel for this season.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
What the flying dick?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Okay, so far my favorite bit was Big Jim struttin' on down the street. "Yeah, this is MY town now! That's MY sign! Those are all MY cars! Get outta here, dog, that's MY trash!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh I didn't even know it was starting up tonight. I haven't seen a single commercial.

So what stupid poo poo happened now? All I remember is that they ended last season walking through a vortex.

And is the 100% meat cow still in the opening?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh I didn't even know it was starting up tonight. I haven't seen a single commercial.

So what stupid poo poo happened now? All I remember is that they ended last season walking through a vortex.

And is the 100% meat cow still in the opening?

We still have meat cow!

Everyone but Big Jim, Julia, and "Melanie" are in some kind of orgganic VR deal. "Melanie" strangled Ben when he was about to start breaking the illusion, but Barbie is becoming suspicious himself. Big Jim is going stone cold bonkers.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Awww, everyone's back under the dome. Can't wait for the explanation for the new people.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I love how the "Previously On" voiceover ended by suggesting the vortex would lead them to an alternate reality, an idea that had never once previously been suggested but of course turned out to be the case. Way to keep us guessing, show!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Man what a poo poo show, as expected.

I loved how everyone got all these big meaningful life moments before being sucked back to reality, Barbie and his new chick, Joe reaching out to the bad guy, etc. And sorority chick (I swear I never remember anyone's name in this show) was just about to have some slutty sex lol

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Under the loving dome? How is this show still on is the only interesting thing about it. I guess it's time again to read the thread but not watch a single episode.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Why is Big Jim shooting everything?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Mirage posted:

Okay, so far my favorite bit was Big Jim struttin' on down the street. "Yeah, this is MY town now! That's MY sign! Those are all MY cars! Get outta here, dog, that's MY trash!"

This really was the best.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm 17 minutes in and nothing makes sense and Jim hipshot Junior and he acted like Jim slapped him and I just don't know if I can keep going... I gotta take a break.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Its like a movie with the budget of a commercial.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

How does this show continue to exist. There really is no god.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Every new season of this show feels like fanfiction of the previous ones, which is cool cause already at the first season it felt like fanfiction of the novel. Fanfiction that completely misses the point of the novel, which wasn't such a deep point really.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Chester's mill exists only on a space ship orbiting Jupiter.

Rick and Morty: Season 1, Episode 4 M. Night Shaym-Aliens!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdCKSl8BgI

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
AHAHAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT THE STUPID loving TRAP DOOR INTO THE DOME

ShakeZula posted:

I love how the "Previously On" voiceover ended by suggesting the vortex would lead them to an alternate reality, an idea that had never once previously been suggested but of course turned out to be the case. Way to keep us guessing, show!

Yeah, this was my favorite because it effectively rendered the two episodes that came after it useless. Why would you put that in there? It's just another example of the show feeling like it needs to spell EVERYTHING out for it's dumbass audience.

I also enjoyed "like the aptly-named Steven Seagal classic from 1999, you sir are Hard To Kill". And Black Ops Barbie in general.

RIP Benny The Rad Skater Dude. You sure were a plot device.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 27, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What a great loving show, how is this actually on ABC.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Has Exposition Joe made an appearance yet?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has Exposition Joe made an appearance yet?
Alternate Reality Joe's story was mostly about grieving for Angie and being pissed his girlfriend broke up with him and went to college so he didn't really have a chance to narrate current events.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also Joe grew like a foot, which they handwaved away saying it was a year later but uh it was just like a few days.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

GreenNight posted:

Also Joe grew like a foot, which they handwaved away saying it was a year later but uh it was just like a few days.

They'll have found that they were actually trapped for a year in an alternate dimension, even though it's just been a few days in the DOME. :lost:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Medullah posted:

They'll have found that they were actually trapped for a year in an alternate dimension, even though it's just been a few days in the DOME. :lost:

This will really disturb them for a day or two, at which point it will be forgotten and never mentioned again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

This will really disturb them for a day or two, at which point it will be forgotten and never mentioned again.

Just like those of us who torture ourselves watching the show. Watch it, hate it, forget about it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Medullah posted:

Just like those of us who torture ourselves watching the show. Watch it, hate it, forget about it.

Truly it is we who are the Under the Dome.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

The dome pods ~changes people for the better~, remember.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Mirage posted:

My favorite was the butterflies "viciously" attacking Junior and knocking him out.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Seriously dude, they're loving butterflies. There's zero need for flailing around with a flare in your hand and knocking yourself out after tripping over a rock.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GreenNight posted:

What a great loving show, how is this actually on ABC.
It's not?

It's on CBS

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
So the once dead girl is a straight up alien?

So a bunch of hired thugs of Evil Corp are going to pop out of the lake?

Has Big Jim totally lost it?

Is the dog alien, or the smartest cast member?

Turn in next time, on UNDER THE DOME!

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

GreenNight posted:

Joe's alternate dimension is height.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My favorite moment was Junior getting knocked unconscious by butterflies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJdCrHyut6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Is Julia the new dumbest character? Where's Linda the Wondercop?

• Locked thread