Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

clown shoes posted:

Is Julia the new dumbest character? Where's Linda the Wondercop?

Linda got smashed by a car flying toward the magnetized dome last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
IT'S MAGNETIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-gEKhRlFI4

rip the worst cop

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I was going to say I don't think I saw Julia's husband's name on the memorial wall. But then I remembered that it was all a loving alternate reality bullshit thing.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Haha, the editing on this is worse than I remembered. She had like a solid couple seconds there to jump out of the way after pushing Barbie.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

So that is how magnets work! They have mind of their own.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Soft Shell Crab posted:

So that is how magnets work! They have mind of their own.
Yeah, they really like small things like handcuffs, nails or knives. And they have a real flair for drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmOatDLVaPo

Exposition Joe going WAIT A SECOND I THINK THE DOME'S PULLING THIS NAIL THROUGH MY HAND might be one of his finest moments.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 30, 2015

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Astro7x posted:

I was going to say I don't think I saw Julia's husband's name on the memorial wall. But then I remembered that it was all a loving alternate reality bullshit thing.

Julia's husband was killed before the dome came down, anyway.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Is CBS.com the only way to stream this hot garbage? I want to torture myself...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

Is CBS.com the only way to stream this hot garbage? I want to torture myself...

I also want to know this.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I also want to know this.

It's on Amazon instant also.

22 worst things about Under the Dome I'm sure we can add many more.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

ShakeZula posted:

Linda got smashed by a car flying toward the magnetized dome last season.

I completely forgot she was killed by MAGNETS.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

My God it has finally become Worse Than Dexter.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

My God it has finally become Worse Than Dexter.

Pft. Dexter was terrible because it fell so far. Under The Dome has been a joke its entire run.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kammat posted:

It just highlights how little anyone gives a gently caress. The props department completely fucks up a standard clock and no one notices or cares. It's bad enough the writing and acting is beyond horseshit, the technical people don't even care. I half expect future episodes to have timed sound effects a 1/2 second to early or late. Like a gunshot where the "shot" happens before the muzzle flash.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Kammat posted:

Ah yes, the priest starting the fire. That was truly amazing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

pentyne posted:

The props department completely fucks up a standard clock and no one notices or cares.

You could even fix the clock in post-production fairly easily, the props department is not the only one to blame

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Kammat posted:

lol I had forgotten about half those characters/events/plots already good lord

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Kammat posted:

You could make a whole other one of these with just Ma Rennie's Vision Paintings.

Also they somehow left out the bit where Lyle stabs Ma Rennie while she and Big Jim are kissing and Jim somehow doesn't notice it because DAMNIT WE HAVE THIS SWEET SHOT ALL STORYBOARDED OUT AND DON'T CARE WHETHER IT MAKES SENSE OR NOT JUST PRETEND LYLE IS A STRETCHY NINJA AND BIG JIM CAN'T TASTE A MOUTHFUL OF BLOOD

Or Lyle's arrival in town for that matter, where we cut from a scene where it's so cold that ambulance windows explode and people literally freeze to death to another scene of Lyle splashing around in the lake in a shirt and being completely fine.

Or Benny The Rad Skater wandering into the diner during a dust storm, putting down his backpack with his asthma inhaler in it, then leaving again, presumably to go pop some ollies in said dust storm. All for yet another turn from villain to hero for Big Jim.

Or DJ Cop's Crazy-rear end Arc, where he went from friendly freeform radio DJ, to clueless sheriff ("did Phil ID Angie's killer from the stuff we found under her fingernails yet?" NO HE DIDN'T BECAUSE WHY WOULD HE KNOW HOW YOU DO THAT THE loving BADGE DOESN'T COME WITH MATRIX KNOWLEDGE), to smugly evil psycho bomber in like a week of show-time.

Or pretty much anything Science Lady did or said last season.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 30, 2015

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I'm still a fan on the giant binder Joe found in the school that listed each individual locker and who had the locker every year.

Like if for some weird reason that were to exist - wouldn't it just be a list students and which locker they had rather than a list of lockers and all the students to have that individual locker?

Joose Caboose fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 30, 2015

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Joose Caboose posted:

I'm still a fan on the giant binder Joe found in the school that listed each individual locker and who had the locker every year.

Like if for some weird reason that were to exist - wouldn't it just be a list students and which locker they had rather than a list of lockers and all the students to have that individual locker?

Logic has no placer dunder.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Astro7x posted:

You could even fix the clock in post-production fairly easily, the props department is not the only one to blame

They seem to be doing the absolute bare minimum across all levels of production.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

A whole new level of bad had to be invented just for this show

Are we talking Late-Season Heroes or Dexter levels?

I am intrigued.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Blazing Ownager posted:

Are we talking Late-Season Heroes or Dexter levels?

I am intrigued.

Imagine Dexter as a lumberjack in the middle of whatever the gently caress season 3 of Heroes was.

Now imagine even stupider.

Now imagine a level beyond *that*

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I cannot convince myself to navigate to my DVRed episodes to watch. Can someone give a synopsis of everything after dumb cop lady gets smooshed?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

I cannot convince myself to navigate to my DVRed episodes to watch. Can someone give a synopsis of everything after dumb cop lady gets smooshed?

FYI anyone who attempts this is guaranteed to come out the other side brain damaged

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Maybe I'll just dig out the book.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

That will tell you nothing about this show

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Illinois Smith posted:

BIG JIM CAN'T TASTE A MOUTHFUL OF BLOOD

Maybe Ma Rennie has really bad gingivitis, so a little blood isn't out of the ordinary?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

The last time they even did a scene that happened in the book was more than a season ago.

Even the wiki page gave up on listing episode plots last season. AV Club has recaps though. Flipping through these I couldn't even remember half the CRISIS OF THE WEEK stuff, like the caterpillar plague or the poison blood rain.

I also kinda checked out for a few eps when they had the show split between UNDER THE DOME and MEANWHILE IN ZENITH (the nearest town where Barbie's dad and Jim's wife and a bunch of other stuff is), which are connected through a pit with spikes on the bottom that the Dome sometimes turns into a portal leading out of the Dome into a Zenith playground (they discover this through the aforementioned highly plausible locker register binder), and a red trapdoor that leads to whoever opens it splashing around in the middle of the lake but somehow can't be used the other way around.

Some other highlights I remember:

- There's a SERIOUS FOOD SHORTAGE that leads to the establishment of a food bank, which DJ Cop blows up about five minutes later as part of Big Jim's latest scheme. The crisis is solved when they find a random lady's late husband was a hoarder who stored enough food in his cellar to feed the entire town for the next few seasons.

- When the Dome suddenly turns cold Barbie and Julia decide to go on a supply run but crash their ambulance. Julia has her leg impaled by a metal rod. Barbie's solution is to let her slip into a hypothermic coma so he can pull out the rod without Julia bleeding out, then carrying her through the ice age climate outside back to the diner, where they revive her and everything's fine. Julia now has the slightest of limps and a bandage on the outside of her jeans, which are just too tight to ever take off. Shortly after that the Dome decides it's done being cold and starts shrinking.

- Also there's a new teenager who starts an epic love triangle with Joe and Norrie. But she's also a time traveller! And she originally found the egg in the 80s with Lyle, Ma Rennie and Uncle Sam! Who then accidentally murdered her and shoved her body into the lake! AND she's Barbie's half-sister!

This is like a spot on a flea on a bear that hangs on to the tip of the iceberg of dumbness.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 1, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Thanks for the thread. The show is my favourite unintentional comedy. Or maybe... it's ALTERNATE COMEDY.

One little thing that really ticked me off was the Checkoff's knife. Why was it so important to take Big Jim's knife when you can get a knife in any other place. Even in school. It was like a lovely adventure video game, where there is only one way to get a common object in a huge town.

I'm also not sure what exactly the whole matrix thing was supposed to accomplish. Ben's little investigation meant nothing, considering that by the end of episode 2 everyone escaped anyway? Huh? What's that? Those two episodes were written by two different writers? No, this cannot be, the narrative is so seamless, I simply refuse to believe that.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I feel like if they just put a camera in the writer's room and stopped actually making the show, it would be much more entertaining.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Joose Caboose posted:

Yeah, the list implied that they would need to print out a new list with each locker's history every single year. Rather than just print out few new pages for each year. Because why the gently caress would you ever need to reference who had a locker 30 years ago?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Also: Yes TV writers, I totally buy that these two people were high school classmates in the late 80s. No problem there at all.

Dwight Yoakam is 58, Cahill is more than 20 years younger.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 1, 2015

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I tapped out early in season 2, but this...

Mirage posted:

Okay, so far my favorite bit was Big Jim struttin' on down the street. "Yeah, this is MY town now! That's MY sign! Those are all MY cars! Get outta here, dog, that's MY trash!"

this...

violetdragon posted:

My favorite was the butterflies "viciously" attacking Junior and knocking him out.

and this...

make me think I should pick it back up.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

blue squares posted:

I feel like if they just put a camera in the writer's room and stopped actually making the show, it would be much more entertaining.

That would be genuinely amazing to watch.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
is there a gif of this viscious butterfly attack, or would i have to actually watch this terrible terrible show to see that?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

:getin:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ernie Muppari posted:

is there a gif of this viscious butterfly attack, or would i have to actually watch this terrible terrible show to see that?

http://gfycat.com/HonorableThickAndeancat

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

DEFINITELY jumping back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I cannot believe I am typing this, but the butterflies' motivations make no sense.

• Locked thread