Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

BottleKnight posted:

I'll still vote AN quid. I agree with clearing half the town and I think she is probably 3p anyways.

I really want to hear from more people because I really feel like most people really aren't trying to understand or take this seriously. I'm frustrated that I've been doing what I feel like is a lot of legwork and people have been in my opinion hand waving the entirety of my (LONGWINDED) points away every time I make them.

I apologize for getting all Emotional Serious chart on you. Your "you're too emotional and therefore can't see straight brah" comment when I feel I'm making pretty rational sense made me lose it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Quick emotional turnover is my specialty. I was frustrated but you're playing a good game and I do agree with you.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Quidnose posted:

What is this? Nobody is voting you except MMM who half the thread is ok with dunking. Why are you acting like you are at -1?

Because you've been advocating for my lynch all day, and so far in this game you've gotten what you've pushed for.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Ah, I think I've engaged at this point. I think the disengaged part is what happened before not what's true now

I will agree - you are now engaged (thank-you) - but my point was that you kept saying you weren't really into this game - to the point you've only used your night action once all game - and the second there was talk about your name as a lurker lynch you appeared - it seemed convenient and if you were telling the truth about being disengaged one would think it may have taken you longer to notice that a thread you aren't checking had talked about you.

------------------------------------------------

I really dislike this AN lynch discussion - the fact that BK is still way into it is mildly disturbing - did I not make the point well enough we're in charge right now? Confirmed town majority means we can dictate the game - lynching one of said town majority is bad.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think there's a healthy middleground we can agree on here

##vote Aminstar

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Amnistar is at -2

I'd like to see Met prod/kill him so we don't have to waste today's lynch if possible but hey thems the breaks.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes, you're right, and PMush has asked me to stop too for reasons. I will, we can wait on AN. I'll trust her for now.

Of the three lurkers, assuming a modkill on Amni, I'd still rather vote Run, I think the post I voted with was hella hedgey and Run has not returned to discuss it all. Thoughts, Kleedrac?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

to the point you've only used your night action once all game

You realize the only reason to use my role was executed day 2 right?

Anyway I've been following the thread and kept meaning to engage myself but was having trouble for a while. ANarc was sort of the spark that set me off there.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Quidnose posted:

Yes, you're right, and PMush has asked me to stop too for reasons. I will, we can wait on AN. I'll trust her for now.

Of the three lurkers, assuming a modkill on Amni, I'd still rather vote Run, I think the post I voted with was hella hedgey and Run has not returned to discuss it all. Thoughts, Kleedrac?

Yes, I think for a couple of reasons Runa is a better lynch than MMM.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You realize the only reason to use my role was executed day 2 right?

Anyway I've been following the thread and kept meaning to engage myself but was having trouble for a while. ANarc was sort of the spark that set me off there.

As far as we know - unless you got a mod PM I wouldn't put it past Met to have a backup arson or something equally nutty - perhaps he made your ability interact with a toy or scum-toy! Seriously I love playing Mafia on Somethingawful but Met's games always seem to blow my mind when you see the doc afterwards :)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM what's your flavor for being a snuggler?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Without no counterclaim, I agree we should back off MMM for now. Of Runaktla or Amni, I would prefer Amni, as he is so completely disengaged that removing him will hurt very little even if he is town.

That said, I would happily vote Runaktla if that is the way the rest of you want to go.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Kleedrac posted:

Amnistar is at -2

I'd like to see Met prod/kill him so we don't have to waste today's lynch if possible but hey thems the breaks.

Just putting out there that mmm is also at -2 so we could make it go either way.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AN, what do you think of my points on Run, separate from your very strong feelings that MMM is scum?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

I really dislike this AN lynch discussion - the fact that BK is still way into it is mildly disturbing - did I not make the point well enough we're in charge right now? Confirmed town majority means we can dictate the game - lynching one of said town majority is bad.

But what if we're, like, not really in control of the game, man? *puts on sunglasses. What if everything is actually... out of order? There's only one way to solve this conundrum, and it's with a fistful of candycane. *cocks candycane shotgun*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BottleKnight posted:

But what if we're, like, not really in control of the game, man? *puts on sunglasses. What if everything is actually... out of order? There's only one way to solve this conundrum, and it's with a fistful of candycane. *cocks candycane shotgun*

VIG CLAIM! :byodood:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm alright with popping Amnistar. Still wouldn't vote ANarc or Quid. I'm actually less enthusiastic now about dunking MMM since he's actually somewhat involved. Would still go through with it, but I definitely agree that I've got no love lost for Amni this game, so it's a decent dunk choice today.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm fine with this. Amni has been scummy since the beginning and absent most of the time aside of that.

Night actions will tell us most stuff anyways.

##vote amni

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I want my question to MMM answered first.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
For what it's worth, from an objective standpoint, Quid's plan to lynch AN is legitimately a strong plan.

I don't know why Quid would be adverse to the plan as town, he's likely third party.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

That said, I'm also third party. I'm the Naughty Kid. My goal is to successfully steal 4 presents from people.

Fully expect to get lynched today anyway.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Amnistar posted:

That said, I'm also third party. I'm the Naughty Kid. My goal is to successfully steal 4 presents from people.

Fully expect to get lynched today anyway.

Did you succeed?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I want my question to MMM answered first.
I'm an Elf Snuggler and met gave me a smilie to represent my role

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Quid you post this...

Quidnose posted:

I'm at work and there's nothing "hedgey."

... this is the post you voted with...

Quidnose posted:

I don't like this post. Panders to both AN and PMush while still being spurrious about Mithross who is a dubious entity, and outright ignores Kleedrac's statement about why claiming is a good idea.

I am leaning Runa over MMM now.

##vote Runalktla

... and this is my post...

Runaktla posted:

Reading the posts you quoted (which stood out as WTF moments according to you):

1. The first one from AN considering Mithross/Me are town and Amni/MMM are scum... I get it. I cared/attempted to prevent a claimed cop-ish role from being lynched, so if AN is town of course AN would say I'm being town-ish. I dunno about Mithross but I was generally ok with Mithross' play, and AN said its a guess anyways. I don't see what's so WTF about that.

2. The second one from PMush, I agree with it. Quid's complete shift in play threw me for a loop too. I ultimately don't think Quid's scummy but you never know. I just don't see what's so WTF about that either.

What am I missing?
This post was in response to Kleedrac seeing a post by AN and PMush that he called WTF moments. In the first one, I explained AN thought I was town and that Amni/MMM are a better lynch. I explained that I completely understood why AN would feel that way. I defended AN. If AN is town, and the cop-style role that I think she is, then having some scum randomly try to take the heat off of her doesn't make sense. Scum would want the very-powerful cop-type role to be killed.

As for Mithross I already posted earlier what made me feel ok about Mithross.

As for PMush's comment re: Quid, Quid shifted gears dramatically. That seems scummy. I think its safe to say though that because Quid has led the charge against scum the entire game its hard to see him as scum. This is what PMush says, and I agree. You can never rule it out because some scum bus their scummates hard, but it is unlikely.

The point of both of my posts is I don't see how these are WTF moments for Kleedrac.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Did you succeed?

I've gotten 2 so far, I can only steal once a night and one night I didn't get one.

I don't get to keep the presents, them and any presents gifted to me get hoarded.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Well good try buddy.

##vote amni

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:redhammer: I think but I'm phone posting

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I just had an idea that makes me feel better about Anon. I suspect that she compares naughty/nice, not town/scum. So Amni and GG would have worked, despite being on different teams.

This means Quid could, in fact, be a "nice" 3p, instead of town (not that I necessarily think that, but it's something people have brought up). It also explains why Anon's role would be useful even with a cop.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Oh, my bad. Didn't see the hammer.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Most people playing were personally invited because I enjoy their presence in my games for their good-will personalities or intelligent play. Let's keep it friendly guys, it's Christmas!

Amnistar was tied up to a bumper of a bus heading Phoenix, Arizona for his summer vacation. He was the Grinch, a member of the Naughty Fellows.

quote:

~Grinch (Naughty-Aligned)
-If your target receives an item that night, you steal it. Ignores Fake Items.

It is now Night 4.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
AnonymousNarcotics has achieved her self-aligned win condition and has been removed from the game. Her role will be revealed at the end of the game.

Bottleknight's home was discovered to be ransacked in the morning and he was nowhere to be found. He was an Innovative Toymaker.

quote:

~Innovative Toymaker (Nice-Aligned)
-You innovate a new unique toy each day you're alive. Santa you will distribute your innovation to one of the good boys and girls each night.
-You can suggest items that may be added to a pool of premade innovations.

Remaining Players (6)
Kleedrac
Mithross
MMM Whatchya Say
Poison Mushroom
Quidnose
Runaktla

It is now Day 5.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Huh

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Upside is of course lots of scum death, downside is well AN was 3P and we don't know for sure that her role was what we thought it was. Guess Quid was right there.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well then.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
PMush got a result from whatever that thing it is you are doing? Also did anything happen to you due to your mistletoe buddy BK getting NK'd?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Runaktla, MMM, are you willing to claim today? We are probably down to one last threat to town, with 3 scum and 2 3p gone.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Idk thinking about it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mithross posted:

Runaktla, MMM, are you willing to claim today? We are probably down to one last threat to town, with 3 scum and 2 3p gone.

Well I already claimed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gently caress.

Okay, time to come clean. My talking up my toy last night was a gambit- it was a Magic 8 Ball that let me ask the mod any yes/no question. I was hoping by being vague, I could dissuade usage of the nightkill on me.

The question I ended up asking was "Do all of Runaktla, Quidnose, and ANarc win with town?" And the answer was "No".

Which would have been much more useful information if ANarc hadn't just self-won and buggered off. :cripes:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Poison Mushroom posted:

gently caress.

Okay, time to come clean. My talking up my toy last night was a gambit- it was a Magic 8 Ball that let me ask the mod any yes/no question. I was hoping by being vague, I could dissuade usage of the nightkill on me.

The question I ended up asking was "Do all of Runaktla, Quidnose, and ANarc win with town?" And the answer was "No".

Which would have been much more useful information if ANarc hadn't just self-won and buggered off. :cripes:

Anything happen to you since BK your mistletoe buddy died?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Runaktla posted:

Anything happen to you since BK your mistletoe buddy died?
Not that I've noticed. I don't think it made us lovers or anything, though if I keel over tonight, then you'll know why.

• Locked thread