Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

I also would like to make excuses far ahead of time as to why I will not be here for lynch.

Ok. Let's hear them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I plan to be here. Merry Christmas

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was so looking forward to your creative writing, but instead I have received coal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

King Burgundy posted:

I was so looking forward to your creative writing, but instead I have received coal.
Coal keeps your house warm, though.

And burns scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Poison Mushroom posted:

Coal keeps your house warm, though.

And burns scum.

PM is an arsonist that fills everyone's stockings* with coal

nice slip 3Plord

##vote Poison Mushroom

*(the stockings are being worn, DUH)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm here and ready to find some scum...

Ok, I'm going to bed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mithross posted:

I'm here and ready to find some scum...

Ok, I'm going to bed.

##vote Mithross i'll help you out~

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidnose posted:

##vote Mithross i'll help you out~

That wasn't helpful! I hope you end up on the naughty list.

Side note, I really hope the Santa in this game is a 3p serial killer a la Futurama. That would be awesome.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
confirmed

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Mithross posted:

That wasn't helpful! I hope you end up on the naughty list.

Side note, I really hope the Santa in this game is a 3p serial killer a la Futurama. That would be awesome.

So you're scum AND a serial killer at the same time?

What a setup.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The gift I want more than anything from Santa is for my job interview at Waffle House to go well.

:negative: Oh God, I'm so hosed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Poison Mushroom posted:

The gift I want more than anything from Santa is for my job interview at Waffle House to go well.

:negative: Oh God, I'm so hosed.

I hope Summer Santa brings you your wish.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've never had a good waffle

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bowmore posted:

I've never had a good waffle
Spoiler: The best thing at Waffle House is actually the hashbrowns.

"World's Leading Server of REAL Hashbrowns", says the menu in front of me. And they're right across the street from the McDonald's I work at, so the shade is extra funny.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Confirming into the game - last night was RPG night sorry. I'm not a fan of Waffles myself preferring eggs and bacon. Though I do love hashbrowns :)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Waffles are great but the best waffles ate those square crunchy ones from like late 80s waffle irons. I haven't had one like that in probably ten years.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Look Under The Rock posted:

Waffles are great but the best waffles ate those square crunchy ones from like late 80s waffle irons. I haven't had one like that in probably ten years.

My parents waffle iron that they got as a wedding present in 1985 died when I was in high school, so for fathers day 2011 we got this, the exact same model, just new. Best waffles ever! Good pancakes too.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

I'm not a fan of Waffles myself

##vote Kleedrac

Rainy 4th of July weekends should be illegal IMO

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I love waffles. We have a place in town called La Waffleria that I am really looking forward to trying.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
[Mafia] Waffles in July

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

You wouldn't think it, but IHOP has some good waffles.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

They have lovely cheese sticks though. I'm not a big fan of ihop lately.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mithross posted:

They have lovely cheese sticks though. I'm not a big fan of ihop lately.

They don't even use mozzarella. They literally call it "moz," whatever the gently caress that is.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

One of my best friends in college had a wedding where the reception was brunch-based, which included waffles. It was... incroyable! Highly recommended.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Fair warning, tomorrow is my birthday, the 4th of July, and I got called into work 3 hours early. Do not expect me to be around.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mithross posted:

Fair warning, tomorrow is my birthday, the 4th of July, and I got called into work 3 hours early. Do not expect me to be around.

One of my best bud's birthdays is tomorrow too! But he did not get called in to work.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Theirs are the "Belgian" kind that is mostly air and gets soggy really easily. Waffles should be crisp, not chewy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I wanted to show off the candy canes.

Votecount for Day 1

Mithross (1): Quidnose
Poison Mushroom (1): Epsilon Plus
Kleedrac (1): chaoslord

Not Voting (12): Amnistar, AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, bowmore, Ghastly Gangsta, Hazdoc, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Little Mac, Look Under The Rock, Mithross, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Met posted:

I wanted to show off the candy canes.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (12): Amnistar, AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, bowmore, Ghastly Gangsta, Hazdoc, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Little Mac, Look Under The Rock, Mithross, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days.

Those are some badass candy Canes

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My entire life was leading up to seeing that. :golfclap:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will be around tomorrow

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

bowmore posted:

i will be around tomorrow

I'll be around this evening and tomorrow but not much of today as it's our monthly gamer guild meet. Sorry guys

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

##vote epsilon plus for funsies

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm gonna tell my scumbros on you and you'll be sorry

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm gonna tell my scumbros on you and you'll be sorry

Bring it, been a while since someone night killed me

Here is a recipe:

FAT SANTA'S HOT COCOA
Start with a bar of good quality dark chocolate (or good dark chips -- ghiradelli chips are great, or whatever kind of bar that looks expensive and nice, as long as it's dark chocolate). Break it all up and put it in a heavy bottomed saucepan with a little butter (pro tip, use cannabutter. The reindeer know where to go and it's not like a cop is gonna pull you over) and melt slowly. LOW HEAT Y'ALL. WHISK CONSTANTLY cuz if this poo poo scorches you will be very sad indeed.

When that's melted, slowly add some heavy cream (if you really don't want to get on the Fat Santa train I guess you can use half and half but if you use skim or 2 percent you should ask yourself why you wanted to make a recipe with "fat" in the title). Basically you're using cream to temper the chocolate. Your mixture should now be thinner but not yet drinkable viscosity.

To make it drinkable you'll add a good bit of liquor. I recommend marshmallow vodka for maximum sugar intake, but given the next step, you might wanna use something cinnamon related like Hot drat or Fireball. Don't use the expensive stuff. This recipe will mellow out cheap liquor like you wouldn't believe.

Finally, add the following spices to taste:
Sea salt
Ginger
Chili powder (do not skip this one or I will find you and kick you, Santa's gotta stay warm tonight)
Cinnamon
Vanilla extract

Whisk the poo poo out of it until everything's combined, then whisk it some more because those flavors need a little time to develop.

Drink out of mugs, with friends, or alone while staring at an empty parking lot listening to talk radio.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Epsilon Plus (1): Look Under The Rock

Not Voting (11): Amnistar, AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, bowmore, Ghastly Gangsta, Hazdoc, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Little Mac, Mithross, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar and AnonNarc both only have two posts

just sayin' bros

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Good morning everyone. I have come here to do work and hunt scum, and I'm all out of... well, actually, I have plenty of work to do, too. Multitasking!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'd be fine with voting out lurkers tbh. It's been a very uneventful d1 and people who come in and say 'just kidding guys I'm just SO busy' aren't gonna cut it IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah. I guess we could always vote for the person who has posted the least, which is... *checks notes* votefinder. It's been 3.5 days votefinder and you've only managed one post. What's up with that?

I mean, look at this post history

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Epsilon Plus (1): Look Under The Rock

Not Voting (11): Amnistar, AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, bowmore, Ghastly Gangsta, Hazdoc, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Little Mac, Mithross, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day.

A single summary post that tells us a whole bunch of nothing. Thanks.

Clearly lurker scum imo

• Locked thread