Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hey fellas, phone posting, poking my head in, headed to work, see that day ends in 12 hrs I'll do a read through during lunch time (5ish hours).

Let's hang us some naughty hoes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Screwing around at work (fml) did a readthrough still don't know poo poo. Guess I'm feeling BK out of those two. Will be around for lynch/will read-through again later.

I have a couple other opinions but I'm holding them back for the moment, and for good reason.

Btw everybody bowmore (and now me) is town/Nice-Aligned, in case one of the toys is a lie detector there you go.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Would vote Epsilon, here's to me loving off while at work...

Quoting the below for context i.e. what Epsilon responded to:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is a bad post. It is super self conscious that he's telling us why it's a short post.

The bolded part is where he basically called quid scummy... But then back tracked on it later in this post.

If he didn't think quid was scummy, just posting shittily, A. Why would we care and B. Why would he bother showing us "rad examples"

This whole thing is really weird and he's been pinging me since day 1.

##vote epsilon

... and his post...

Epsilon Plus posted:

a. if I don't tell people why I'm barely posting people assume it's because I'm intentionally lurking, which is not the case

b. if I wanted to call Quidnose scummy, I would - my number one Mafia pet peeve is one player dictating the flow of the entire game and bossing people around. Quidnose has more than a fifth of the total posts this game and a significant number of them are him trying to dictate the flow of the game. I don't think he's scummy. I think scum daykilling a godfather would be a ballsy move, yes, but I don't think it would be effective in the long run. What I am thinking is that Quidnose is driving the discussion so hard that anyone that disagrees with him is going to get flattened, and if he's wrong and we keep following him, welp
The response re: (a) is super self-conscious.

As for (b), Its like the response I wanna make to this is sorry that Quid is pushing hard, generating content that your scum heart can't retort to? Better responses to AN's criticism of your posting would be:

- gently caress off.
- I'm busy give me time I can't show you rad stuff cause I do more than play mafia.
- Quid made a lovely post I'm just not ready to drop the hammer on him.

Instead, the response is kind of a "I just don't like how this player makes me feel he's like the type of big meany in mafia that I don't like and that bugs me" post.

I should be around for the hammer.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Baller 1 mafia and 1 3p dead on D3 watching UFC will post later.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Are you the eggman?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Been subbed in for like 36 hrs I think give me some time got places to be things to do but I'll be contributing... already did two read throughs just trying to get my bearings on people.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Plus I missed jokephase and I feel empty without a few jabs.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Meta read on Kleedrac, he cares too much this game usually this guy gets lynched as town and goes ah shucks well I guess my lynch can help you all blah blah. I just see an :effort: here and critical posting that I'm not used to from him.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
In short I think this may be a scum Kleedrac.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Oh also we know his role now so that post was pointless. Whatever.

Are you saying the 93% chance kleedrac is town is no longer valid?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I liked BottleKnight's interaction with GG; I'm hesitant to vote him because I think that somewhat clears him.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to vote Kleedrac, his play is so abnormal for him, AN's vague-ish comment that she is 93% sure that Kleedrac is town is the one thing making me hesitant pushing him.

And what happened between here...

Kleedrac posted:

To be fair I don't normally make it this late in the game. I agreed with your case on BK. I still think it's a better lynch but I seem to be on my own. Plus BK's last plea hit me as very genuine and your logic behind a late-game-lurker-lynch to get rid of the deadweight also made a ton of sense. So I switched to Amnistar. Do you have any other questions about my behaviour?

... and here...

Kleedrac posted:

I'm not kidding there are a few posts I've made this game where I was unsure and refused to use gendered pronouns (I'm sure there's a post where I say "Anon" like 4 times in a sentence).

That said I've just spent 20 minutes reading over LutR's post history and I can't find any posts which I find suspicious enough to quote. I'll vote LutR to get work done but currently I'm sitting at;

1) BK

2) Amnistar

3) Other lurker

4) LutR I guess?

With Quid having moved on I'll move back to
##Vote BottleKnight

--Previewed here--

The problem I have with this is that the other toymaker flip and Quidnose's description of his role seem to fly in the face of your claim. Why would 2/3 of the toymakers make one toy while you get to make up poo poo? That seems counterintuitive and unbalanced.

After the comment about BK's posting being genuine, him being able to just switch back to him so easily concerns me.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Quidnose posted:

Why didn't you comment on my LutR case?

Cause a separate LutR analysis megapost from me is incoming...

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is a bad bad post, you're defending yourself for a seriously inconsequential scum tell before anyone else has a chance to. It's really self conscious.

GG started getting defensive before anyone called him scummy.

##vote hazdoc though, because that post was rotten all through.

The famous "three picks for scum" which has to include one scum...

This close to deadline your energies are better spent polling people who, you know, have actually had time to read the thread so it makes zero sense to focus in on someone who pretty much can't be an active part of the game until tomorrow.

as far as my scum picks, you, GG, posssssibly King Burgundy.

A little bit of pandering towards Quidnose (was directed to him), the most vocal (probably town) player...

Yeah I cannot figure that bit out either, I hadn't mentioned you at all and he asked if I thought y'all were scum together.

Somewhat mafia dadding... to be fair, the post this replied to was asking for an explanation but LUTR seemed to invest more time than I believe a town would...

There are more possibilities than "you are a scum team together"

such as

"I think you are probably scum, but that other guy was scummy as well, but I think you are scummier, so I will vote you now and focus on that guy later"

or

"You are the scummiest player in the thread, but if you flip town, based on your interactions with this player, I think they would probably flip scum"

or

"I find both of you equally scummy, but I believe your flip will give us the most information"

or
or
or
or

Light pandering to Quidnose again...

Haz creating false logic of you and him being scum together if he's scum or something idk I still don't really get that one

... joke post kinda funny, makes sense, but goes overboard with disclaimer, appears overly self conscious...

MAYBE IT JUST SAYS COAL DOES NOTHING, MAYBE THERE IS ACTUALLY AN ARSONIST IN THIS GAME*

*disclaimer: this sentence is a joke based on several games I've read recently with a weird amount of arsonist speculation very early game before any evidence of an arsonist has shown up in-thread, I do not actually believe there is an arsonist in the game, this post is not in any way intended to imply the presence of an arsonist in the game, this post is intended as humor and any resemblance to actual roles in the game is totally coincidental and you're a lame butt who doesn't know how to take a jooooooke

I admit I kinda liked this post...

In all seriousness though -- AnonNarc has done the following

a one-line case on eplus
defended GG
voted hazdoc in a post where she admits she hasn't read everyone's cases

Then, the post where people thought she may have scum slipped --

and the followup

I was actually writing a post about this and my preview edit showed that there was a dayvig so I had to sit on it for a minute. I have a problem with these posts, but not the "scum slip" problem.

I feel like this is fake as poo poo. We have had a toymaker flip who was able to loving gift dayvigs. It should be fairly obvious to anyone who is paying attention that Santa is not the only gifting role in the game. What those posts feel like to me is an attempt to look engaged from someone who is either not paying attention to the game whatsoever, or from someone who is trying to shift focus. Either way they do not strike me as town posts.

##vote Anonymous Narcotics

Hey look don't look at me as scum from my criticism of AN Quidnose the towniest townie :effort: player agrees with me... I got validation...

Looking further it seems Quidnose felt the same way about those posts.

Null on these...

i knew it you're an arsonist aren't you

That actually makes AnonNarc look worse to me, "confirmed town" is pretty strong and claiming it when it hasn't actually happened looks awfully scummy to me.

I'm guessing the only posts of mine you've read have been the dumbass arsonist stuff, and I'm guessing you missed that I posted a case on AnonNarc, and your "I'll give the thread another read" is your admission that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

More Quidnose (townie-seeming guy leading the convo) pandering...

That's really paranoid cuz I don't think you're remotely scummy

This is in response to Quidnose questioning him about some of the criticism against Quidnose... LuTR is effectively saying "Hey that criticism doesn't strike me much because you work so so hard" and not that Quid isn't scummy. Not the biggest sell for LuTR but slight uneasiness from this...

No, I was saying it was not a strong enough statement to convince me given how hard you've gone this game.

I received the Loudmouth's Megaphone.

This is in response to Quid asking about what the megaphone does... the way it is phrased its still more pandering to Quidnose. "I don't think I should say" is a less pandering response.

Seems a bit too sure about what scum can do here...

I mean basically any item could be handed out by a scum though?

Tbh it seems like a pretty unique and helpful item.

I kinda shouldn't be posting right now cuz I've had a couple drinks and will be drinking more but I think BK is probs town

And here he drops the ball about the loudmouth's megaphone... I guess he really wasn't concerned what loss town would experience from him disclosing it to everybody...

Meh I had some coffee instead of another drink, I'm good now.

I don't see a contradiction. In general, I don't think the items determine alignment of who sent them and to try to apply that value to an inventor-type role falls pretty hardcore into useless setup spec, so I don't want to go down that road overall.

HOWEVER the role that Bottle is describing is not your typical inventor -- he is claiming that rather than set items he chooses a recipient for, he gets to create an item from scratch. Given what my item does, it seems really implausible for a scum or third party to waste an action giving that item to me.

I'll tell you because I'm rapidly losing interest in this line of conversation, the Loudmouth's Microphone will announce in thread the names of everyone who visits me on the night I use it.

I can think of one reason a scum would give this item out -- because you're planning to bus drive in such a way that someone dies and the name of a townie gets yelled out. This is still a risky move seeing as you would be depending on a bunch of night actions that aren't yours falling into line. And your theory isn't even that Bottle is scum.

So I will pose this question to you: if Bottle is indeed 3P, what reason would he have to use up one of his actions on crafting an item like that?

More to come at Page 14 LuTR does post a lot, just breaking this off now (I think, I'm at work... should probably eventually... do some work).

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
##vote Look Under the Rock

... cause I feel I'll be doing this anyways by the time I'm done reviewing the rest of his posts...

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

I don't like Runaktla's posting at all. Seems way too contrived, like he's compelled to say SOMETHING so he pulls together some random crap. I just don't believe a thing he says.

I've cooled on LUTR a bit because her posting today seemed pro town. I still think amni is a good vote for today.
Do you disagree with my summaries of his post as related to his scumminess? What's wrong with it? Pick some things.

I'm still getting a feel for everybody and I wanted to just bury myself in another player's posts, and post something.

FWIW I haven't kept going through the rest of LuTR's posts (page 14 & after) although I skimmed them already and I literally picked the spot right before he started making posts that made me feel he was more town - he ends up showing some actual concern regarding that megaphone - so even though I slapped a vote on him assuming I would believe he's scum by the end of me looking at his posts now I'm wondering if I'm going to keep that on there. I'm looking at them, not sure I've backed off of him, but I'm also at work so its hard. I'll be looking at them pretty soon though.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Runaktla posted:

I'm still getting a feel for everybody and I wanted to just bury myself in another player's posts, and post something.
Just cause I know this may be called out when I say "post something" i.e. "oh noes he doesn't wanna scumhunt he just wants to look busy" its that I'm gonna want to at least say what I think about someone's posting history even if I don't conclude that they're scum at the end of it all because: (a) I spent the time I wanna get something out of it for the thread; (b) it lets others potentially see my perspective on a person's posting habit so they don't have to do the same review; and (c) let's people at least see MY train of thought.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

So if I'm understanding you correctly, your main point against me is that I got a seriously strong town vibe off Quidnose and acted on that. noted.
Scum don't want to get tunneled by an active townie player so they wanna make sure they're on their good side, a.k.a. pandering.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

So if I'm understanding you correctly, your main point against me is that I got a seriously strong town vibe off Quidnose and acted on that. noted.
... and there's plenty of other stuff there too.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Why the hell is Amnistar already -1

That is WAY too loving fast

This is a good LuTR post, so long as Amnistar is town. If scum and they are scumbuddies, it kinda reads like "if my absent scumbuddy is going to be lynched it needs to be slower so at least I can get some town cred on it"

TBH part of the reason I've been talking so much about Quid being super townie is because he's playing the aggressive game that I normally play and it's been confounding me as to how to keep up. I've been focusing a lot of setup spec simply because so many people seem to be confirming each other through setup spec (Anon being so certain you're town and vice versa etc) and until last night I was completely outside of that.

At this point I'm having trouble laying down a solid opinion about loving anyone because half the game is confirmed to at least one other person. Like I had some scum vibes off Kleedrac but there are at least two people who believe he's confirmed. I still think Anon is the most likely out of active players to be scum, but there are two people who think of her as confirmed. And so on.

I'm changing my tune on Bottle though because "inventive toymaker" is the first thing that's sounded like a role that could make a rainbow slinky that roleblocks the user. I'd totes vote Bottle today.

As far as Runatlka's case on me goes, he quoted and quoted and quoted and then said the same drat thing over and over and over, which looks like busywork to me. Runi FYI I am not pandering, see above. Quid's play this game has me flipped upside down of how I normally play.
If I'm gonna sit there and analyze 19 pages of a very prolific poster somebody's gonna loving read it, even if all they get out of it is a better read on me for posting it, which is fine if that's all it comes to. Call it busywork if you want, but I think its a good analysis of your posts.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm cooled down *slightly* on LuTR cause the after 14th page posting got *kinda* better but still think SHE (yes SHE I got it she's a SHE) is still a decent lynch. There's still a ton of white noise from her, as Quid points out. At the end of the day she really doesn't say much.

Also, I say kinda because my feel with LuTR is that she is smart enough to feign town concern related to the megaphone, and feign concern about Amnistar lynch, even if Amnistar ends up town. Those are both pretty fakeable.

Vote staying on LuTR but will be looking at others.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Amnistar posted:

Runaktla - if there was a lurking scum I'd peg Runaktla for it. Mostly because when called out came out and did a mega post on the person that had the most steam built up against them to justify adding a vote to the pile.

I don't like Runaktla's posting at all. Seems way too contrived, like he's compelled to say SOMETHING so he pulls together some random crap. I just don't believe a thing he says.

I've cooled on LUTR a bit because her posting today seemed pro town. I still think amni is a good vote for today.
Do either of you that have commented on how the fact I did my case on LuTR the way I did it... actually want to comment on the case that I made? Either of you? Do you reach the same conclusions that I do from the posting by LuTR? Am I off?

AN you say my posting is contrived, is this individual posts/review of LuTR's posting or the fact that I posted a case against LuTR itself is just plainly contrived?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
In case its ever relevant considering all toys are one shot I may as well said I used "doctor's toys" to protect PMush last night.

When I saw no deaths I was like awesome I picked the right person.

Then I saw AN's post, and felt less spectacular.

Also pretty f'ing awesome LuTR ended up being scum. I think LuTR being scum *sort of* makes Amnistar look bad for reasons I described before. I also still wanna lynch the gently caress out of Kleedrac.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Quidnose posted:

Runaktla, when did you get the doctor bag?
Had it the moment I replaced in, so either N0 or N1.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kleedrac posted:

I actually agree with the opening of this sentiment - then you travel into killing me territory and I just wanna know why?
You're acting very different from what I was used to for a town Kleedrac.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kleedrac posted:

I actually agree with the opening of this sentiment - then you travel into killing me territory and I just wanna know why?
... and I could probably make a better case on you from your posts beyond just "different from regular Kleedrac" but ain't gonna at this exact moment.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
That's awesome.

My money's on Amnistar being the last scum.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Runaktla posted:

That's awesome.

My money's on Amnistar being the last scum.

Before someone jumps to conclusions about anything yes I am operating under the assumption that there is only one left b/c I doubt there are 4 scum and 1 SK.

Although now that I look at it 15 players, 4 being scum/SKs is a pretty high amount huh? Aren't SKs considered even more dangerous than another scum? Also, we have that whole baker thing which is another town detriment. I just can't see 5 non-town, I think its 4.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Although MMM What'cha Say has been pretty useless too.

I actually forgot why I'm giving Mithross a pass let me see if I can pick it out again.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Coming back to this, but...

Quidnose posted:

Met didn't forward you Bowmore's result PMs and the like?
Nope.

Although, since this post I had clarified that the doctor's bag was given to me N0.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
FYI I was easy on Mithross b/c of:

- the way he defended Bottleknight

- the way he cared about which of the lurking subs got lynched (and picked me, and of course I know I'm town, why would he save me if scum? Why would he care?)

He hasn't posted a great deal/contributed much which is the only thing against him but generally his posts have been townie.

I'd vote Amni or MMM. I'm prob not posting any more tonight cause I'm heading out.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm driving but looking at thread on my phone I'll be around tomorrow lol

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm kinda dumbfounded by the switch against AN but I haven't been able to concentrate. I'll be looking hard at it later this evening. Working like a slave during the day today.

My immediately thought is scum won't wanna keep AN around if she's actually town/not lying, so why lynch/waste a town lynch?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I would like people to hold off on the lynch, I'm sorry I have not been able to do much in the last 14-ish hours, but I wanna review re: MMM and Amnistar vs. AN I really haven't digested all of this poo poo and I can't do it right now b/c work.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Quidnose posted:

Runa, what is your role?
Not telling because it helps town if I do not disclose it, except to say that my role has nothing to do with knowing alignments of people if that is where you may be going with this.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Sorry, nope, not loving claiming. This isn't exactly LYLO, we have had a good run with 2 scum and 1 SK killed, I don't see why we need to start full claiming and crap. We shouldn't even be even remotely close to LYLO.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Quidnose posted:

I guess you're right now that I'm typing it out, since currently scum have to choose between:

-offing AN as cop if they are telling the truth
-offing one of Kleedrac/me or BK/PMush which will confirm the other if AN is telling the truth
-offing a lurker which decreases the pool of possible remaining scum if AN is telling the truth

....then I guess giving them more viable options to go murder does help them, you're right.

I just feel like I could solve this if I knew what everyone made since we've all been distributing items since Santa was offed. It's frustrating.
This is why I don't think AN should be lynched. AN can confirm an additional two people this night unless of course *roleblock* but... if not, we get info to confirm/un-confirm AN either way.

My hunch is I'm gonna push either an MMM or Amni lynch but neither of them posts poo poo except for MMM recently, but I doubt MMM's posting still has anything worth gleaning a read from.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I wanna vote lurker Amni over lurker-until-today-but-still-poo poo-for-reads MMM

##vote Amnistar

... based mostly off LuTR trying to call off the lynch.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kleedrac posted:

These posts stood out as WTF moments. Though Quid read my mind pre-emptively.
Reading the posts you quoted (which stood out as WTF moments according to you):

1. The first one from AN considering Mithross/Me are town and Amni/MMM are scum... I get it. I cared/attempted to prevent a claimed cop-ish role from being lynched, so if AN is town of course AN would say I'm being town-ish. I dunno about Mithross but I was generally ok with Mithross' play, and AN said its a guess anyways. I don't see what's so WTF about that.

2. The second one from PMush, I agree with it. Quid's complete shift in play threw me for a loop too. I ultimately don't think Quid's scummy but you never know. I just don't see what's so WTF about that either.

What am I missing?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Quid you post this...

Quidnose posted:

Yes, you're right, and PMush has asked me to stop too for reasons. I will, we can wait on AN. I'll trust her for now.

Of the three lurkers, assuming a modkill on Amni, I'd still rather vote Run, I think the post I voted with was hella hedgey and Run has not returned to discuss it all. Thoughts, Kleedrac?
I'm at work and there's nothing "hedgey."

... this is the post you voted with...

Quidnose posted:

I don't like this post. Panders to both AN and PMush while still being spurrious about Mithross who is a dubious entity, and outright ignores Kleedrac's statement about why claiming is a good idea.

I am leaning Runa over MMM now.

##vote Runalktla

... and this is my post...

Runaktla posted:

Reading the posts you quoted (which stood out as WTF moments according to you):

1. The first one from AN considering Mithross/Me are town and Amni/MMM are scum... I get it. I cared/attempted to prevent a claimed cop-ish role from being lynched, so if AN is town of course AN would say I'm being town-ish. I dunno about Mithross but I was generally ok with Mithross' play, and AN said its a guess anyways. I don't see what's so WTF about that.

2. The second one from PMush, I agree with it. Quid's complete shift in play threw me for a loop too. I ultimately don't think Quid's scummy but you never know. I just don't see what's so WTF about that either.

What am I missing?
This post was in response to Kleedrac seeing a post by AN and PMush that he called WTF moments. In the first one, I explained AN thought I was town and that Amni/MMM are a better lynch. I explained that I completely understood why AN would feel that way. I defended AN. If AN is town, and the cop-style role that I think she is, then having some scum randomly try to take the heat off of her doesn't make sense. Scum would want the very-powerful cop-type role to be killed.

As for Mithross I already posted earlier what made me feel ok about Mithross.

As for PMush's comment re: Quid, Quid shifted gears dramatically. That seems scummy. I think its safe to say though that because Quid has led the charge against scum the entire game its hard to see him as scum. This is what PMush says, and I agree. You can never rule it out because some scum bus their scummates hard, but it is unlikely.

The point of both of my posts is I don't see how these are WTF moments for Kleedrac.

• Locked thread