Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:greatgift: Christmas in July :greatgift: is a closed-setup item Mafia for 15-players. It's Christmas themed!

Something has disrupted the timing of Christmas. Every day is now Christmas! Some naughty fellows won't be having any of that though! They've already begun picking off the elf population to put an end to the Joy and Cheer. Maybe if you guys are good, Santa will give you some wonderful gifts to deal with the insurrection. :tfrxmas:

To make matters worse, the elves simply weren't meant to work in the off-season and the North Pole is on the cusp of a famine. If the elves lose their bakers, everyone might be in serious trouble.

The Town is designed to be generous and the Mafia are designed to take advantage of that. The Neutrals have their own agendas and only one of them is typical.

Players
  1. Amnistar
  2. AnonymousNarcotics
  3. BottleKnight
  4. bowmore/Runaktla
  5. chaoslord
  6. Epsilon Plus
  7. Ghastly Gangsta
  8. Hazdoc
  9. King Burgundy
  10. Kleedrac
  11. Little Mac/MMM Watchya Say
  12. Look Under The Rock
  13. Mithross
  14. Poison Mushroom
  15. Quidnose

Rules on Items
-Toys are used like abilities.
-You can only use 1 toy per night.
-They are all single use and none of them are passive.
-If you have an ability, you can use both your ability and a toy in the same night.
-Cookies are eaten passively in the event of a famine.
-You may gift a toy to any player during the night phase.
-Roleblocks do not affect the distribution/gifting of items.

Mechanics
-48 hour days, 24 hour nights
-Majority requirement for lynch
-Mafia decides who among them performs the Mafia kill which will occur alongside their role usage.
-If you have your own ability, you get to use it as well as one ability item.
-Roleblock lasts during the following day phase for special reasons.
-Standard Mafia Rules.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just a few more to go.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
'Twas the first of July, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
But the stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.

The Elves were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
And the Misses in her ’kerchief, and Santa in his cap,
Had long settled their brains for the long summer’s nap.

When out on the tundra there arose such a clatter,
Santa sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window he flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to his wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle,
But I heard him exclaim, as he took off into the night,
“I must have slept in” and he disappeared out of sight.

It is now a very special Night 0.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If you didn't get a role PM, you'll get it at the start of Day 1.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
For your Christmas presents,
I thank you one and all.
For the big ones many thanks,
And fewer for the small.

Rules on Items
-Toys are used like abilities.
-You can only use 1 toy per night.
-They are all single use.
-If you have an ability, you can use both your ability and a toy in the same night.
-Bread is eaten passively in the event of a famine.
-You may gift a toy to any player during the night phase.

Toys have been delivered during Night 0 so that they can be used tonight.

It is now Day 1.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll push it 24 hours to Monday. It's over a Holiday but it's enough time I think everyone can get something in.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I wanted to show off the candy canes.

Votecount for Day 1

Mithross (1): Quidnose
Poison Mushroom (1): Epsilon Plus
Kleedrac (1): chaoslord

Not Voting (12): Amnistar, AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, bowmore, Ghastly Gangsta, Hazdoc, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Little Mac, Look Under The Rock, Mithross, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

I am here as well. Have a final interview with Waffle House today! If they put me up full time, I can get my new job and put in my two weeks for my old job at the same time.

I'm okay with a lurker lynch. Otherwise we're basically just stabbing randomly anyways.

I have an interview today too. Good luck!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Met how did your interview go?

I got the job. It's nothing to brag about. Seems like the interview was just to make sure I had a pulse.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
MMM has replaced Little Mac.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Votecount for Day 1

Hazdoc (8): Ghastly Gangsta, Kleedrac, Look Under The Rock, King Burgundy, Quidnose, AnonymousNarcotics, Epsilon Plus, BottleKnight
Kleedrac (1): chaoslord

Not Voting (6): Amnistar, bowmore, Hazdoc, Mithross, MMM Whatchya Say, Poison Mushroom

On the first day of Christmas, Hazdoc gave his plea, "Please don't hang me from that tree."

The Elves looked horrified by the suggestion that they would lynch the poor fellow. Hazdoc was sent on the last flight out to spend his Christmas in the Bahamas until this mess gets sorted out.

Hazdoc was a Town-Aligned Toymaker.

quote:

~Elf Toymaker (Popguns) (Nice-Aligned)
-As long as you're alive (and not roleblocked) during the day phase, you make a toy that Santa distributes to one of the good boys or girls each night.
-You make a Popgun (Dayvig) once every three days, starting with Day 0.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 12, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
King Burgundy didn't make it for the town meeting today. He was kidnapped by some naughty fellows!

King Burgundy was Santa Claus.

quote:

~Santa (Nice-Aligned)
You have several Elf Toymaker players creating a toy each day for you to give out at night. As long as they're alive during the day, you will receive their toy to distribute that night. You are unable to use items.
You're also a Cop! You use both abilities each night.
-Ability 1: Cop (Naughty or Nice)
-Ability 2: Distribute gifts to whichever players you like!

Remaining Players (13)
Amnistar
AnonymousNarcotics
BottleKnight
bowmore
chaoslord
Epsilon Plus
Ghastly Gangsta
Kleedrac
Look Under The Rock
Mithross
MMM Whatchya Say
Poison Mushroom
Quidnose

It is now Day 2.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Quidnose shoots Ghastly Gangsta with a Popgun Dayvig!

His mask of innocence falls off! He was part of the Naughty Fellows!

quote:

~Krampus (Naughty-Aligned)
-Appears innocent to investigative roles.
-Give 2 pieces of coal to whoever you see fit. Coal does nothing and no one can see you send it.

Ghastly Gangsta was sent on a bus to Wisconsin to think about what he's done.

The day continues!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Runaktla has replaced Bowmore.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Votecount for Day 2

Epsilon Plus (7): chaoslord, BottleKnight, AnonymousNarcotics, Mithross, Quidnose, Look Under The Rock, MMM Whatchya Say
BottleKnight (2): Amnistar, Epsilon Plus

Not Voting (3): Kleedrac, Poison Mushroom, Runaktla

A force of nature since the dawn of the world.
Banished from the land for most of the year.
and now they dare use my power for mere jolliness?

They will learn the true meaning of Winter.

Epsilon Plus was sent on summer vacation to the southern hemisphere. He was Jack Frost, third party.

quote:

~Jack Frost (Self-Aligned) (Naughty)
-Each night you may chill a player, or freeze all previously chilled targets to death.
-You have a one-time Mafia Kill protection that does not need activating.

It is now Night 2.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 11, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A megaphone blares loudly in the night, "What are you visiting me for, Poison Mushroom and Kleedrac?!"

In the morning, Chaoslord was missing, evidently kidnapped from his home and dragged off to someplace unknown.

Chaoslord was an Elf Toymaker that made Roleblocker's Keys.

quote:

~Elf Toymaker (Keys) (Nice-Aligned)
-As long as you're alive (and not roleblocked) during the day phase, you make a toy that Santa distributes you distribute to one of the good boys or girls each night.
-You make Keys! They're used to lock someone in their home for the night, roleblocking them.

Remaining Players (10)
Amnistar
AnonymousNarcotics
BottleKnight
Kleedrac
Look Under The Rock
Mithross
MMM Whatchya Say
Poison Mushroom
Quidnose
Runaktla

It is now Day 3

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 12, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I forgot to add a deadline and it should have been last night, so it's going to be tonight at 8pm PST.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Look Under The Rock was sent on summer vacation somewhere not-fun. Let's say the South Pole.

She was a Naughty Toymaker. A member of the Naughty Fellows!

quote:

~Naughty Toymaker (Naughty-Aligned)
-Creates a fake item and distributes it. If someone has a real toy and the fake variant, they will always use the fake one first.
--Fake Toys roleblock the user.
--Fake Cookies are consumed last during a famine.
--Fake Dayvig kills the user. (can only make one)
--You can name a fake toy whatever you want and assign a fake (typical town) power to it. They will always roleblock the user.

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The fourth day of Christmas has started without any murders. It's a Christmas Miracle!

Remaining Players (9)
Amnistar
AnonymousNarcotics
BottleKnight
Kleedrac
Mithross
MMM Whatchya Say
Poison Mushroom
Quidnose
Runaktla

It is now Day 4.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Heyyyyy. Ease up, guys. This is a game we play for fun.

Deadline is tomorrow night. You have time to take a break.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Most people playing were personally invited because I enjoy their presence in my games for their good-will personalities or intelligent play. Let's keep it friendly guys, it's Christmas!

Amnistar was tied up to a bumper of a bus heading Phoenix, Arizona for his summer vacation. He was the Grinch, a member of the Naughty Fellows.

quote:

~Grinch (Naughty-Aligned)
-If your target receives an item that night, you steal it. Ignores Fake Items.

It is now Night 4.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
AnonymousNarcotics has achieved her self-aligned win condition and has been removed from the game. Her role will be revealed at the end of the game.

Bottleknight's home was discovered to be ransacked in the morning and he was nowhere to be found. He was an Innovative Toymaker.

quote:

~Innovative Toymaker (Nice-Aligned)
-You innovate a new unique toy each day you're alive. Santa you will distribute your innovation to one of the good boys and girls each night.
-You can suggest items that may be added to a pool of premade innovations.

Remaining Players (6)
Kleedrac
Mithross
MMM Whatchya Say
Poison Mushroom
Quidnose
Runaktla

It is now Day 5.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
MMM was bussed out of the village.. MMM was your parents and you're sending them away on some cheap Summer Vacation because you just can't stand them... you think you should regret your actions but your Christmas in July was better than ever.

He was a member of the Naughty Fellows.

quote:

~Vanilla Scum
-Can make their own flavor.

All threats to the elves having their out-of-season Christmas have been eliminated. The kidnapped elves/Santa have been found locked away in a hidden cave and have been freed. Christmas will be celebrated in perpetuity.

Town Victory!
Mistletoe Individual Victory!

Master
Mafia Chat

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Naughty Fellows
  • Krampus - Ghastly Gangsta
  • The Grinch - Amnistar
  • Naughty Toymaker - Look Under The Rock
  • Vanilla - MMM
Elves
  • Santa - King Burgundy
  • Toymaker (Popguns) - Hazdoc
  • Toymaker (Vests) - Mithross
  • Toymaker (Doctor's Bags) - Quidnose
  • Toymaker (Keys) - Chaoslord
  • Innovative Toymaker - Bottleknight
  • Toy Inspector - Runaktla
  • Baker - Poison Mushroom
  • Baker - Kleedrac
Self Aligned
  • Jack Frost - Epsilon Plus
  • Mistletoe - AnonymousNarcotics

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roles that didn't flip:

quote:

~Elf Toymaker (Vests) (Nice-Aligned)
-As long as you're alive (and not roleblocked) during the day phase, you make a toy that Santa distributes you distribute to one of the good boys or girls each night.
-You make Bulletproof Vests!

~Elf Toymaker (Doctor Bags) (Nice-Aligned)
-You make Doctor Bags!

~Elf Toy Inspector (Nice-Aligned)
-If you receive a fake toy, you unsabotage it and send it to Santa Claus to deliver the next night.

~Elf Baker (Nice-Aligned)
-Distribute two cookies to whoever you like at night.
-The town goes into famine if it no longer has a baker. Each player must have a cookie to survive to morning. Cookies are consumed passively.

~Mistletoe (Self-Aligned) (Nice)
-Chooses two people to put under the Mistletoe.
-If their alignments match, they will fall in love (not the lover mechanic) and be notified of their partner. (you're a faux investigative role for the town)
-Mistletoe wins when all living players are matched up together.
-You have a one-time Mafia Kill protection that does not need activating.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 18, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The scum team could have been stronger in retrospect. It's hard to balance but I figured if they were getting town powers out of town hands they wouldn't need to be too individually beefy.

Not giving away the Fake Dayvig until the third night hurt them a lot though. Quid self-roleblocked on a fake toy the same night he got the Fake Dayvig which meant he couldn't use it until Day 4 at the earliest. LUTR was voted out Day 3 which revealed the Fake Dayvig.

I did like the plan to give Runaktla the Fake Dayvig to fix it. Didn't expect that at this point. The Toy Inspector was a weak townie role (which the town evidently needed) with the chance to get powers in the game that were not put in by me. LUTR could have made a Lightning Rod item, for example, and it would have been made real by the Toy Inspector if he had gotten it.

The Innovative Toymaker was my balancer. I didn't tell him this, but I was going to give him better innovations based on how screwed the town got. This didn't end up occuring though.

AnonNarc only didn't have MMM (Scum) and Poison Mushroom (Town, match nightkilled) matched up. If I made her stay there's no way she would have won and there were plenty of oppurtunities for her to fail previously regardless. I thought it gave scum the best chance to just remove her from the game completely without revealing her flip.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Lots of little things I noticed that I shouldn't have done as well. The Toymakers shouldn't have gotten the same smiley. They could have easily confirmed a couple of each other before the first Toymaker flip.

If the Bakers died early, this game would have been a real let down. If I do bakers again, I'll probably design the game completely around that.

Planning out my next game now, but it probably won't be ready to go until next month just due to RL issues over the next couple weeks.

• Locked thread